Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,365,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You knew you were gay @ 3 years old?

@ 5 years old?

When was your first gay experience you can remember?
When I was 3 and 5 years old all I thought about was playing and cartoons, If someone really believes they thought about being a homosexual at that age they might want to try to remember the events that lead to those thoughts.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Those are the years all this crap is put into their heads, one way or another.
Same as heterosexual tendencies.

Boys don't start liking girls until after 10 years old
Girls don't like boys until about that age.

It is all programed by some action in the early years before 10 years old.
Most scientists now agree that sexual orientation is most likely "programed" by a combination of genes and pre-natal hormone environment. There are structural and chemical differences between the brains of heterosexuals and homosexuals. There is no evidence that it is something that is "taught".

Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,120,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I find it odd that there are millions of first hand sources out there that can answer the question, yet people still think there is no way to find out of being gay is a choice or not, yet I've met very few straight people who say that they chose to be straight. Also, why are gay people's views on this subject not taken seriously since they would be the primary sources to ASK? Why do many straight people feel that they know more about this than actual gay PEOPLE? I'm gay and know NOTHING about what it's like to be straight and would never CLAIM TOO, but the opposite is not true.
Gay people often feel guilty about their choice so they say they didn't choose it. It's simple psychology. When something bad happens, people blame external factors. When something good happens, they credit their own personal choices. Thus, if you ask a gay person, they will say it's not a choice b/c they have brainwashed themselves (and by the gay community) that what they are doing it okay b/c they had no choice in it.

You don't have to be gay or walk in someone's shoes to know or figure out how someone is feeling. There are certain things that are common to the human species.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Gay people often feel guilty about their choice so they say they didn't choose it. It's simple psychology. When something bad happens, people blame external factors. When something good happens, they credit their own personal choices. Thus, if you ask a gay person, they will say it's not a choice b/c they have brainwashed themselves (and by the gay community) that what they are doing it okay b/c they had no choice in it.

You don't have to be gay or walk in someone's shoes to know or figure out how someone is feeling. There are certain things that are common to the human species.
How odd then that heterosexual scientists and 100's of thousands of heterosexual health professionals including pediatricans, psychiatrists, psychologists etc in the US alone, completely disagree with you. They base this on something called "evidence".

Let me guess...your religion has brainwashed you into thinking that homosexuality is a sin or "wrong", so therefore it has to be be a choice.

So what scientific evidence do you have to support your opinion?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,365,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How odd then that heterosexual scientists and 100's of thousands of heterosexual health professionals including pediatricans, psychiatrists, psychologists etc in the US alone, completely disagree with you. They base this on something called "evidence".

Let me guess...your religion has brainwashed you into thinking that homosexuality is a sin or "wrong", so therefore it has to be be a choice.

So what scientific evidence do you have to support your opinion?
I can give you a little science...Your penis is not supposed to be in another mans anus...fact

Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

Um, you seem to COMPLETELY not understand. I DO NOT Feel guilty. That's the issue, and I'm an extremely compliant worry wort person. If there was even a TWINGE of choice involved I would. Also you must realize there is no 'gay community'. I knew I was gay when I was a child and never even met another gay person until I was a senior in high school. We say we were born gay because we had the same experience YOU did. Just naturally BEING YOU your WHOLE LIFE>

Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I can give you a little science...Your penis is not supposed to be in another mans anus...fact
Um, First off. Not all gay men even HAVE anal sex, and MANY straight people DO.

Secondly, the ANUS is a SEXUAl EROGENOUS ZONE and was CREATED to BE as such, so you're wrong there too.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Amazing how fast homosexuals pull out name calling and derisive labeling against anyone who doesn't march to their "agenda". Hypocritical much?
Look at yourself in the mirror buddy...........

Old 03-18-2011, 10:06 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Uh yeah I have heard this argument ad nasuem. Surprise you are not the first (nor will you be the last) to drag out this tired old argument. Furthermore I was waiting for someone to address it.
And yes, I do "get it" lol. I just don't buy it.

My experience as I said, and one of my best friends son is homosexual, as well as quite a few co-workers, is that they are indeed, not "born that way." So you can make simplistic excuses like "sounds like you haven't met a lot of people" but the facts don't support what you are selling.

I don't doubt that some say they were attracted to the same sex from the beginning but there are plenty that this is not true.
A friend of mine, 28 years old who was completely "guy crazy" growing up, married several years, husband cheated and they divorced then at a party meet a woman and now is a homosexual. I know this is just one example. But there are many like this. This female did not have any religious reasons or family reasons not to "come out" She simply found an attraction to a female and decided to go with it.
You do understand that folks go through denial correct? If somebody hears a ton of anti-gay statements and witnesses the horrible second rate treatment (which can often include violence or belittling). I knew I was gay from a very early age. I saw how gay people were treated and was young/confused. Because I heard these horrible things I tried to be straight for quite a few years as I didn't want to be treated badly (or even worse beat to a pulp or killed). Kids are scared by many things and adding on the pressure of being gay can really make them turn to denial. "I'll date girls and will see that I like them." "If I date girls I won't be gay" "If I date girls I'll forget about those feelings about guys." "I gotta be straight or I'll be treated like ****"

Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why is that a fact?
Gee, I guess it's not.
You do understand that some hets have and enjoy anal sex; some gay men don't.

Hmmmm, what does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies