Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 PM

278 posts, read 550,565 times

Advertisements

we have dropped 112 tomahawk missiles on Libya today. At $500,000 per missile that makes $56,000,000 that we've just thrown away. good job obama this exactly what we need in this strong economy.

enjoy your vacation in brazil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 06:26 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post

Libya is none of our business. This action makes no sense.

I heard Obama say Gaddafi was killing his own people. That makes it sound like he's insane or something - how could he do that to 'his own' people? But it's a civil war. The people he is fighting are not his people in any sense of the word. They are his enemies, and this is a civil war. Was Lincoln in sane? He fought a war against his own people.

What's with the pretense that Gaddafi is killing his own people?
Hitler was killing his own people, too. Should we have just allowed him to massacre unfettered? If the Jews had had the foresight and access to firepower and fought back, would you have simply called it a "civil war" and said "it's none of our business"?

The Libyan people asked for our help. Should we have ignored their pleas?

I don't like having to go in there, either. But the more ridiculous arguments I keep reading about it, the more vehemently I feel like supporting it.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
we have dropped 112 tomahawk missiles on Libya today. At $500,000 per missile that makes $56,000,000 that we've just thrown away. good job obama this exactly what we need in this strong economy.
What do you think they build the missiles for? For the showroom? They said they will reimbursh the money form Ghadaffi's frozen assets anyway, so who cares.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
We. Are. Not. The. World's. Police. We need to stick to our own affairs and stop bombing nations that don't pose a threat to us!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM

278 posts, read 550,565 times
lets not get carried away people. maybe king obama will earn another nobel peace prize for this

Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
You don't have your cake and eat it to when it comes to war and the military buddy. You bet your ass this is going to require troops. People have no clue how the military works. There are already US special forces and Navy Seals and SAS all over Libya RIGHT NOW! Pull your head out of your ass!
Likely it will. The UN is involved and it won't be just us like the insanity in Iraq. I do believe the world community owes something to those who are going to be slaughtered. I do not see why it wasn't done sooner except more war doesn't play well.

Pragmatically, we have no idea what will come of it but that is how things often are. I still oppose Iraq since it was wholly manufactured and lied about to make sure George 2 got to get his ego stroked by the power he could exercise. I don't think that is a comparison here.

Sending in lots of ground troops aka Iraq is what I was thinking of, not special forces which operate in many places we do not have normal combat troops.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:

enjoy your vacation in brazil

and they probably hit some old piece of crap $19,99 cent missile launch sites hay look at the good side, at least we know our 500,000 missiles work..

Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM

49 posts, read 78,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
\The Libyan people asked for our help. Should we have ignored their pleas?

I don't like having to go in there, either. But the more ridiculous arguments I keep reading about it, the more vehemently I feel like supporting it.
Who asked for anybodys help? Lybian people? You mean just a few hundred of guerrillas? And mass media magnifies all of that and make it like there is a huge war over there?
People there can deal with their own problems, nobody should involve, especially not the USA, because you already have a bad reputation. Everybody should deal with his own problems, I dont need anybody to solve my own problems.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What do you think they build the missiles for? For the showroom? They said they will reimbursh the money form Ghadaffi's frozen assets anyway, so who cares.
And the excuse making gets more absurd...

Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
lets not get carried away people. maybe king obama will earn another nobel peace prize for this
I'm not sure if you are naive or just a hater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies