Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, you are saying that these people are just animals and cannot control their animal sexual urges? I thought people were different from animals in that they possessed intelligence, common sense and free will.
Well, just look at what is going on, isn't that enough of an answer for you?

Do you really think walking up to these people and telling them to stop having sex is going to work?

They are still going to have sex, they are still going to have children they cannot take care of, and the government is always going to provide aid for those children.

What do you suggest? Should the government take their children away by force because they cannot feed them? Would that be any less barbaric than forcing the parents to undergo sterilization in exchange for money to feed their children?

The government will never sterilize them, will never let the children starve, will never take their children away because they don't have money to buy food......the only thing left is to try to educate, provide low cost or free contraception and keep abortion available as an option. That is the way I see it.

Should their be means testing? Yes. Parent's should receive the bare minimum to provide for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 06:21 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,790 times
[quote=workingclasshero;18527226]

false at 5 weeks it has a heartbeat...its a baby

quote]

Can it live outside the host (mother)? If not, it is nothing more than a parasite at this stage. Harsh way of saying it but true.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

and drug testing
So you want LARGER government and a nanny state. Okay. How are you suggesting this get paid for?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Ever heard of women's clinics? Those places DO NOT charge $180 for a pelvic exam. I'm not sure if you have to have a pap to get BCP, either, so those lab tests you refer to may not even be applicable here.
The women's clinic I go to charges $150 for the visit minus the tests.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
and there is the problem with liberals..they think with the littlehead instead of the big head

ever heard of a diphram(sp?)????

Have you ever tried to get one of these things? They are barely covered by insurance if you are lucky enough to have insurance. At Planned Parenthood, 8 years ago, it was $400 WITH insurance and $600 without insurance. How many poor women can afford that? How many lower income women can afford that?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
They do have it at Walmart on the cheapie menu.
Walmart isn't everywhere. How about someone who doesn't live near one?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
walmart has it for $4/ month

walgreens has it for 12/month
http://www.walgreens.com/images/psc/...nericsList.pdf

toodles

Those programs do not cover ALL birth control pills only specific generic options and they are not in every state as some states prohibit the sale of Rx drugs at a loss. Not all women can take the same kind of birth control, but the cheaper options are a good sign and I hope they continue to lower the costs for ALL birth control pills as well as other birth control devices like IUDs which have a better success rate as you don't have to remember to take contraceptives.

But don't put it out there that all women can get all birth control pills for $12 or $9 (which I believe is the cost at both Walmart and Target now) because that is not true.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Taking of an actual human life =/= murder.
Removal of a clump of cells=murder. Got it.
A human fetus is more than just a clump of cells.

If you can justify it to yourself that way, fine.

Taking a human life during battle, self defense, by accident or law is not murder.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Have you ever tried to get one of these things? They are barely covered by insurance if you are lucky enough to have insurance. At Planned Parenthood, 8 years ago, it was $400 WITH insurance and $600 without insurance. How many poor women can afford that? How many lower income women can afford that?
Where did the idea that health coverage and a doctors visit should be free?

Will a mechanic check out your car for free?

Will a plumber come to your house for free?

I'll repeat what I stated a few times already......if sexual freedom is important to you, how important is it?

If you can't afford it, don't do it.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Where did the idea that health coverage and a doctors visit should be free?

Will a mechanic check out your car for free?

Will a plumber come to your house for free?

I'll repeat what I stated a few times already......if sexual freedom is important to you, how important is it?

If you can't afford it, don't do it.
Did I say anywhere it should be free??? I was simply talking about cost when someone else spoke of this form of bc. When low income folks are looking at getting bc they need something that is affordable so that they are protected from unwanted pregnancy.

No one is asking to have anything for free so leave the plumber and car mechanic out of it. Actually my mechanic checks my car for free. He may not fix it for free but he checks it for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies