Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
As for the sheer volume of malice directed at mothers raising children alone...

NC Mother of 2 ought to be forced to remain married to this man?
N.C. man accused of arranging wife's rape on Craigslist - CNN
Where does it say in the link that this mother is FORCED to remain in the marriage? Either I missed it, or your question doesn't present it honestly.

Your other links simply prove that stupid women do stupid things, repeatedly, and hook up with the wrong types.

Any time someone has to use dishonesty to put weight behind their views makes everything suspect. As they say, repeating a lie often enough will not make it fact. True for both sides of the viewpoint.

Quote:
Because you believe repeating lies often enough will magically make it fact.
See above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 10:12 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
First of all, genius, I'm not a guy.

Second of all, compassion is not just something to be given to certain people or groups. Where's the compassion to the hard working americans that are struggling to put food on their table, gas in their car, and pay for healthcare, while they're paying taxes to support those that are a lot less hard working? Or paying for the Cowboy Poetry Festival? Or a frog statue? The left never offers those folks any sort of compassion. You only qualify if you're a group that is willing to be bought and paid for.

Entitlements and handouts are NOT compassion.
Just letting someone die because they need assistance to live is not compassion, and that is what you said you wanted to do in your previous post. Screw the elderly or disabled, we need the money for Cowboy Poetry Festivals and Frog Statues instead, right? You have no room to talk about compassion after that.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post

What did I say that was an excuse? You just didn't like what I had to say.
is this not an excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz
Walmart isn't everywhere. How about someone who doesn't live near one?
mean while walmart...kmart...even sears has perscription plans...walgreens...cvs...riteaid

is this not an excuse???

Quote:
Have you ever tried to get one of these things? They are barely covered by insurance if you are lucky enough to have insurance. At Planned Parenthood, 8 years ago, it was $400 WITH insurance and $600 without insurance. How many poor women can afford that? How many lower income women can afford that?
or this

Quote:
The women's clinic I go to charges $150 for the visit minus the tests.
meanwhile KNOWING you have a ONCE A YEAR apointment that will cost (oh let's just round UP)$300...is what $5.76 a week... the costs of 2 starbucks coffees..or a bigmac meal

but you need to make an excuse that it is what..too expensive...5.76 a week is too expensive.?????...

Last edited by workingclasshero; 04-04-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Just letting someone die because they need assistance to live is not compassion, and that is what you said you wanted to do in your previous post. Screw the elderly or disabled, we need the money for Cowboy Poetry Festivals and Frog Statues instead, right? You have no room to talk about compassion after that.
Who is going to die? Liberal hyperbole at its best, very predictable. By removing incentives for being a lazy bum, you will not kill these people, you will make them figure out how to live for themselves, without stealing from the taxpayers.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Who is going to die? Liberal hyperbole at its best, very predictable. By removing incentives for being a lazy bum, you will not kill these people, you will make them figure out how to live for themselves, without stealing from the taxpayers.
Conservative hyperbole at best. You think every person who needs assistance is a bum who just won't try to get a job. There are some, yes, both sides of the economic spectrum are corrupted with selfishness - it's human nature. But you are naive or just lying to yourself if you think there are no people who need assistance to stay alive. I even specifically mentioned the elderly and disabled. Open your eyes.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Where does it say in the link that this mother is FORCED to remain in the marriage? Either I missed it, or your question doesn't present it honestly.
It doesn't say she's forced, I asked a rhetorical question. My point is when people spend their every waking moment socially bashing wives/ mothers for all things wrong in a man's head, his head problem never gets the attention it desperately needed in the first place. She will join the ranks of single mothers and the bashing will only intensify. The marriage is a failure, it's not her fault, but in your very next breath...

Quote:
Your other links simply prove that stupid women do stupid things, repeatedly, and hook up with the wrong types.
It proves what? That none of these women had any business getting married? Whether you intend to be saying it or not, you're telling women they simply shouldn't marry. Because no matter what, she'll be held socially responsible for every insane thing he does. THAT'S what they're hearing.

NC didn't start out as a monster. Someone put a blessing over the marriage, there were witnesses who didn't object, they had neighbors, and siblings/ parents. No one knew their own neighbor/ sibling/ child could commit such a heinous act. What makes you think women should be held accountable for what he hid beneath his face, especially when she's often the first target?

Quote:
Any time someone has to use dishonesty
I welcome you to name it.

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about now? I'm PREGNANT. I think I am female.
I remain skeptical. Perhaps your attitude will change substantively after you've given birth & rolled up your sleeves in your own life before deciding you're qualified enough to dictate to all others 'how it is'.

Demanding policy based on all the things you've vilified in your mind, that policy cannot help but fail anymore than a war on poverty would inevitably fail when it failed to understand it's full nature.

Quote:
YOU with your disgusting accusations against Christians
No accusations, stone cold facts. Nothing in the Bible lends permission to anyone for "God endorsed abuse/ neglect". The disgusting reality is public record. Refusing to look at it doesn't make it any less real. Their behavior doesn't represent the core teaching of Christendom/ Judaism respectively. It represents religion being abused by individuals for nefarious purposes.

Telling me in previous post to leave God out of it-- you have to explain that to a great deal many others. Your current explanation folds under when you're playing God yourself. Identical argument of atheists so against religion that they inadvertently created one all their own. Common theme going on here.

Quote:
What consequences for women are inherent to their physiology?
Asking only punctuates my skepticism.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 AM

69 posts, read 103,952 times
Wow sounds like lots of giving christians giving alot of hate. Did jesus teach you this compassion? I think not. I cant understand how helping kids is such a problem. 60 minutes had a program on last night where they say we've had 2 million homeless in 2 years. School busses are now picking up children at cheap motels because their parents lost their job and they had to give up their home. How is it helping to blame the parents or the children? Until people can get jobs it may get worse.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So the kids are going to starve? That's disgusting.
Oh well, the parents will learn faster won't they? Hunger is a great motivator.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Conservative hyperbole at best. You think every person who needs assistance is a bum who just won't try to get a job. There are some, yes, both sides of the economic spectrum are corrupted with selfishness - it's human nature. But you are naive or just lying to yourself if you think there are no people who need assistance to stay alive. I even specifically mentioned the elderly and disabled. Open your eyes.
Open your eyes. The elderly and disabled are a different story. The freeloaders who keep having kids when they themselves are on public assistance is the problem.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Read The Bill: H.R. 1135 - GovTrack.us

Jim Jordan (OH)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Up for reelection 2012. Tea supported.

Tim Scott (SC)- Evangelical Christian? Really? Token black guy in SC is up for re election 2012. Tea installed.

Scott Garrett (NJ)-'Non-denominational/ Evangelical Christian? Really? Birther. Tea supported. Up for re election 2012.

Dan Burton (IN)- "Non-denominational/ Christian primitivism/ Christian Zionist? Really? Redistricted in 1980, he's kept that chair warm since being installed. Lots of inbreeding going on in Indiana it appears. His daughter is on payroll, and his brother takes up another chair in another district installed since 1988. Dan's last election boasted 30% support in primaries. He's is up for re election 2012.

Louie Gohmert (TX)- Southern Baptist? Really? 100% unopposed primaries, no contested democrat or libertarian running against him since he parked there post gerrymandering 2004. Tea supported. Up for reelection 2012.
Thank you for this list of Great Americans! I will be sending them funds to support their efforts!

Blessings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies