Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 12:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
What is a "bankster"? Is that an adult term?

You are free to do business with any company you choose, no one is forcing you to consume the products/services of a business you do not like. As a taxpayer, on the other hand I have NO CHOICE regarding public union services.

Interesting how that choice exists for banks, manufacturers, restaurants, etc. - but NOT for government services...

How is that?

Are you aware that the US in the ONLY country on earth that taxes overseas profits?

Since when did the aforementioned workers become a majority of the middle class, or even representative of it?
Some of THEM don't understand that the small business owners who are being threatened with boycott are also considered middle class. They really do think that the middle class is only unionized workers. It is sad but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Since you don't know the term bankster and/or consider its use to be childish, why on earth would I waste my time with you?

Except to say that yes I would put teachers, firemen, police, social workers, etc, as representative of the middle class. What planet do you live on that these people are not representative of the middle class?
And on your planet when did the small business owners these union people are trying to bully into backing down get thrown out of the middle class? I want someone to explain this to me and you may be a good one to do that.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Since you don't know the term bankster and/or consider its use to be childish, why on earth would I waste my time with you?

Except to say that yes I would put teachers, firemen, police, social workers, etc, as representative of the middle class. What planet do you live on that these people are not representative of the middle class?
Why should other posters not call you out on your use of infantile labels that:

1) shows a complete lack of understanding of the US economy

2) allow people without facts to hide behind Moveon.org meaningless, deflective talking points

And it's hilarious to see how you put a tiny percent of the population as representative of anything. Ever take a statistics class?

As for your last question, these people are police, yet you claim that they are "middle class." Where would they qualify? In a Saudi Palace?

Public employee meltdown: Nearly half of all cops in Nassau County, New York made $150K or more | Mark Hemingway | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/public-employee-meltdown-nearly-half-all-cops-nassau-county-new-y - broken link)

Nearly half of all cops in Nassau County, New York made $150K or more

Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
The first thing the unions need to do is boycott WALMART, everywhere. Shopping there is crossing a picket line. Unless the small business owner supports the Koch Owned Party why boycott them

Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,588 times
These are all "middle class" too:

Nassau County police officers' salaries

As are these:

California Pension Reform's 'The CalPERS 100K Club'

Yeah, lots of "middle class" people there....

Old 04-02-2011, 12:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Why should other posters not call you out on your use of infantile labels that:

1) shows a complete lack of understanding of the US economy

2) allow people without facts to hide behind Moveon.org meaningless, deflective talking points

And it's hilarious to see how you put a tiny percent of the population as representative of anything. Ever take a statistics class?

As for your last question, these people are police, yet you claim that they are "middle class." Where would they qualify? In a Saudi Palace?

Public employee meltdown: Nearly half of all cops in Nassau County, New York made $150K or more | Mark Hemingway | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/public-employee-meltdown-nearly-half-all-cops-nassau-county-new-y - broken link)

Nearly half of all cops in Nassau County, New York made $150K or more
Why are you worrying about what a Police officer makes when the Money Lenders are walking off with billions. They have stolen 40% of the economy and want more.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:07 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
If the UAW or any other union demand and get more I can choose not to buy that product and they get none of my hard earned money. The public service employees on the other hand got us by the bxxxs cause we just pay higher and higher property taxes till we loose our homes.this is very WRONG. school should be paid for by those using it not the poor old lady up the road barely eating and loosing her house. How did we ever get here anyway?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The first thing the unions need to do is boycott WALMART, everywhere. Shopping there is crossing a picket line. Unless the small business owner supports the Koch Owned Party why boycott them
How so? Walmart employees have chosen NOT to unionize - why does that bother you?

Backlash;

YouTube - Big Labor Tries to Strong-Arm Small Business

Quote:
Dawn Bobo told FOX News that she has done a weeks worth of business in just one day. People are traveling from miles away to buy things to show her their support.
Seems regular people don't like the thuggish, goonish behavior of the unions and the Left.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,663 times
If big labor continues to grow how long before all of our politicians will be in there pocket and therefore any contract will have to go to the Unions as pay back also all the taxpayers will be on the hook for the cost.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:37 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
You know, I've always supported the US auto industry. I believe in buying American made vehicles (yes, I know most "American" brands use foreign parts or are built in Mexico or Canada) and keeping the profits in the US. However, Chrysler is now owned by Fiat, and GM by, well, the government. Which leaves Ford, my next planned purchase. Given this latest round of intimidation by Union thugs, I'm tempted to by from a Japanese "transplant" company, using non-Union US labor, rather than suppporting the UAW or any other union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies