Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:05 PM

286 posts, read 521,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
If an 8 year old kid is coming at me with a sharp piece of wood, and he's violently throwing a tantrum, and I had pepper spray on my belt, you best believe I'd be using it.
Yeah those 8 year olds can be just terrifying can’t they?!? But why stop with pepper spray? If you had a Taster on your belt, I’d believe you’d be using it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
As a retired police officer, you would know. When someone is hell-bent on not being stopped, it is extremely difficult to stop them, child OR adult.. Add a weapon, and I can guarantee you that it has the makings of an ugly scenario.

They probably saved the kid from hurting himself.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
This is not the first time that police were called to the school for this same child.
The mother admits he has "anger" problems.
If each incident gets worse..a student could be next.

I heard the TV interview with him and his mother on the radio.
He admitted he "kinda" thought about killing them.
His mother says the problem is with the school, not her.

This is from an 8 year old. Let this go and he will hurt someone soon enough, especially if he blames it on his anger.."they made me so angry" was what he said.

The child needs to be removed from that class and given some serious medical attention.

Colorado police pepper spray violent 8-year-old boy; mother says 'excessive'
"The incident, which occurred at Glennon Heights Elementary School on Feb. 22, was not the first for the child, who, both he and his mother admit, has anger issues. The police had been called on two previous occasions, although events did not escalate to the point of pepper spray in those incidents."

Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Citizen CA-OR View Post
Yeah those 8 year olds can be just terrifying can’t they?!? But why stop with pepper spray? If you had a Taster on your belt, I’d believe you’d be using it too.
If I felt it was necessary to avoid further harm, yes.

Any physical restraint used on the kid would've caused more harm to both the kid and the person using physical restraint.

People forget, the kid was using a sharp stick and admitted to wanting to "whack" people with it.

Why do people keep forgetting this rather important fact?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:33 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is not the first time that police were called to the school for this same child.
The mother admits he has "anger" problems.
If each incident gets worse..a student could be next.

I heard the TV interview with him and his mother on the radio.
He admitted he "kinda" thought about killing them.
His mother says the problem is with the school, not her.

This is from an 8 year old. Let this go and he will hurt someone soon enough, especially if he blames it on his anger.."they made me so angry" was what he said.

The child needs to be removed from that class and given some serious medical attention.

Colorado police pepper spray violent 8-year-old boy; mother says 'excessive'
"The incident, which occurred at Glennon Heights Elementary School on Feb. 22, was not the first for the child, who, both he and his mother admit, has anger issues. The police had been called on two previous occasions, although events did not escalate to the point of pepper spray in those incidents."
I get the idea she's composed entirely of excriment.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, That must have been some tantrum. Even the kid said he probably deserved it.

Colo. police pepper-spray misbehaving boy, 8 | US National Headlines | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20110406/US.Child.Pepper.Sprayed/ - broken link)

Colo. police pepper-spray misbehaving boy, 8

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — The mother of an 8-year-old boy pepper-sprayed by suburban Denver police as he threw a violent tantrum at his elementary school said Wednesday that she wishes authorities had chosen to talk him down instead.

Police in Lakewood say they pepper-sprayed 8-year-old Aidan Elliott twice Feb. 22 at Glennon Heights Elementary School after he refused to drop a piece of wooden wall trim that he was trying to stab them with.
"I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause i was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC's "Today" show. "I was going to try to whack them with it."
That's good for the brat.

Parents should learn to control your unruly monsters.

Police should've spanked him and took him home.

You bleeding hearts always see a child on tv and say, oh look at poor Aidan.

Aidan need a spanking. He doesn't need tv time.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,764 times
Police acted appropriately to ensure the safety of themselves and others. What else could they have done? Taze him? Tackle him? Shoot him?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
While the pepper spray seems extreme, the incident could easily have been nastier for the kid and the cops.

Now that it's ended, I'd take this kid out to the woodshed.

Kids need boundaries, rules and should be taught respect for others early.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,936 times
I'm not getting stabbed. Personally though, I would have just left him in the room til his mother got there. Let his little ass chill out.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Sounds like that kid and his Mom need some help. The pepper spray was probably better than having to restrain the kid and possibly injuring him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies