Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How long before all the Israel bashing will start....Obama clearly has shown his true colors and I already have heard someone calling him Obama Arafat!

Scary to have him sitting here for 4 more years...I almost start to believe he is destroying this Country from the inside and moving abroad to change that too...
i certainly think obama is damaging to our country, but i don't think this is a vendetta to "get" israel.

is it really bashing israel to ask them to start standing for themselves without our help? maybe they would be more inspired to work on a feasible solution to their problem.

if we want to fix our own country, part of that is going to have to be to stop all this foreign aid and this is where, once again, obama clearly fails. he is still throwing american aid all over the place- as further evidenced by today's net 2 billion dollar package to egypt.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-19-2011 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 05:29 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
The full quote from the speech is:
The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states.
It's inaccurate and unfair to leave out the second part of the sentence. This has been the stated policy of the government for at least 12 years, under both Democratic and Republican administrations.
One of the few sane posts in this thread.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:36 PM

764 posts, read 597,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Exactly, and it will ultimately be part of an agreed to solution.

There are still a lot of obstacles towards an agreement, but the pre-1967 border with some minor land swaps isn't one of the major stumbling blocks.

Neither side will have a problem with this specific issue.
Yeah, apparently negotiating with Palestine is worse than having this conflict go on for year after year. It's not asking much to ask both sides to be less stubborn. I know the right thinks Israel is this shining beacon for good that should always get what they want, but it doesn't and shouldn't work like that...

Old 05-19-2011, 05:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Allen West thinks Obama's backing of Palestine could signal the beginning of the end for Israel. Is this possible? What are we doing? I find myself cringing when I hear Obama say, "The United States thinks/wants/backs..." This doesn't sound like my country anymore.

Allen West on Obama Backing Palestine: ‘Could Be the Beginning of the End’ for Israel | The Blaze

Anybody sincerely think Obama's plan is really a feasible one? Anyone care to share what is in their crystal ball? I fear for Israel.
Ah, the Blaze, why not the Onion?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Ah, the Blaze, why not the Onion?

Well surely if it is on the level of the Onion it should be easy to debunk. Give it a whirl skippy!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:40 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thirded!

It really is that simple a solution. Unfortunately, the Zionists have no desire to obey the religion they say they follow.

Blessings,
brian
I've read your posts.

They basically say that most ethnic groups and religions have the right to self determination except the Jews.

That's a fringe of the fringe statement right there.

How correctly do you follow YOUR religion? I'd really like to know, "Brian".

Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Get a clue Obama and all Arabs who would like to make sure Israel and her people are removed and never heard of again ~ GOD SAID HIS PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS EXIST. Get it? ALWAYS! No one can destroy the linage of Jesus Christ, God's SON. Never going to happen. AND, the more this type of thing continues to happen to GOD'S PEOPLE, the closer we get to Jesus coming back to STOP IT.

Any day now. Any day.

Genesis 12:3 says God promises Abraham: "‘I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you'" (NIV).

I stand with Israel. She should give NOTHING more to these people! EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i certainly think obama is damaging to our country, but i don't think this is a vendetta to "get" israel.

is it really bashing israel to ask them to start standing for themselves without our help? maybe they would be more inspired to work on a feasible solution to their problem.

if we want to fix our own country, part of that is going to have to be to stop all this foreign aid and this is where, once again, obama clearly fails. he is still throwing american aid all over the place- as further evidenced by today's net 2 billion dollar package to egypt.
I don't believe he is out to "get" Israel, but it does appear he is out to gain favor with the Muslim world and is willing to sacrifice Israel's security to do so.

I think if Obama is not inclined to openly support Israel, he would do well to keep hands off rather than giving encouragement to Palestine (and Hamas). That would eliminate the appearance of "bashing" Israel. Israel has always recognized that it stands alone (it does, in reality) and has been prepared to stand alone. It has to be, and they know that.

There is an official agreement between the US and Israel dating back to the Bush years that Israel's boundaries will never go back farther than those of1967. Obama has just arbitrarily torn that up. Not a wise, nor noble or admirable thing for a President to do -- to make an agreement between two Democratic nations of no account.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
So are you in favor of withdrawing all the $$$$$ support to the ME?
Aren't you? You are supporting Ron Paul for president right?
I don't support his candidacy, but I do agree with him on this.

Ron Paul seeks vote to end foreign aid to Egypt, Israel, Jordan, and Pakistan | The Cable

Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Yeah, apparently negotiating with Palestine is worse than having this conflict go on for year after year. It's not asking much to ask both sides to be less stubborn. I know the right thinks Israel is this shining beacon for good that should always get what they want, but it doesn't and shouldn't work like that...

The Palestinians want to annihilate, not negotiate.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default Caution : The Really, Really Intelligent Bloke In Dat Ole WH Hath Spoken !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Israel has been in worse conditions since it's independence in 1948. They survived worse than an idiotic, and temporary, president.
gsm113 !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... Your last sentence says it all !

The "Ole Yankee WH" has never contained more pitifully incompetent ccupants than HO & Crew !!! Quite !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies