Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,737,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
well, in that case it sure sucks to be McVeigh.

And bush caught saddam months before he disclosed the capture.... there are conspiracies EVERYWHERE, LOL

Palm Trees Never - But the Bush Administration Apparently Can and Does

Palm Trees Never - But the Bush Administration Apparently Can and Does

Did you check out McVeigh didn't do it? I thought he was proud of it, he even said so on television
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,493,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Because Reno controlled the justice deptment. I flocal police had done that for a firerams warrent and came up with that excuse they would be in prison. Not only that but the woman kiiled by the same bunch at Ruby ridge another firearm violation. Both went to town quite often and in fact that is where they did the sting to get the warrants with both.Like the miami shootout which most police agencies teach as a class on what not to do in felony stop ;they were really assaults that got alot of people killed .
Actually, Janet Reno was not the Attorney General at the time of the Waco Siege. The Mount Carmel compound at Waco came under siege on February 28, 1993. Janet Reno was not confirmed as Attorney General by the Senate until March 11, 1993.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 AM

38,111 posts, read 22,253,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Why don't you give us a post of yours taking Bush to task for his illegal expansion of government powers, and assaults on civil liberties?

That way we would know you are not some typical right winger who only takes up the cause of the Constitution when the GOP is out of power?

You'd really have allot of credibility then.
Guess I'll throw those questions back at you.

Is the "illegal expansion of government powers, and assaults on civil liberties" alright with you, with 0bama reauthorizing and even expanding upon them?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,921,998 times
Quote:
while you're locking up those people don't forget to add the 150 weapons and 8,000 rounds of ammo.
It's Texas. That's a starter kit for some individuals much less a compound.

Quote:
Let's not forget, that ATF had information that the compound took deliveries of inert grenade casings,
Perfectly legal. I have one.

Quote:
black powder
Hopefully it was smokeless powder. Black powder has few uses outside of black powder rifles/pistols.

Quote:
semi automatic weapons
If they really took delivery of these, then that's the only thing they did that was illegal. They should also go after the sender. Did they? Is there records of who sent the weapons?

Quote:
neighbors had reported hearing automatic weapon fire from the compound. i think you got your stand offs confused, this was about the Davidians possibly converting legal weapons to illegal weapons, I don't recall this being a "social service call"
Just because it sounds full auto, doesn't mean it is illegal. There are numerous machine gun shoots in TX where class III owners get together. Who's to say there wasn't a class III owner at the compound. Plus a semi-auto can be bump fired like the video below.

YouTube - ‪BUMP FIRE SLIDE FIRE SOLUTIONS SSAR-15 ar15‬‏

Conversion from semi-auto to full auto isn't as easy as one would think. The required parts are rare and expensive to get. Either way, after Ruby Ridge you would think the ATF would learn some lessons but I guess not. Maybe next time.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,225,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
He attacked on the anniversary of WACO, he actually went to WACO during the siege but couldn't get in. His attack was because of WACO.

It was Governor George W Bush who covered up the spent rounds found outside WACO which were from the same rifle that killed Vickie Weaver
If WACO didnt take place, he wouldnt have been attacking on teh anniversary of WACO

The question isnt about McVeigh.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who said he was?
That was the question asked, so when someone answers his name, it was either an answer, or just babble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I know, it must have been Obama

More nonsense.. are you having trouble staying with the topic of the thread?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If they really took delivery of these, then that's the only thing they did that was illegal. They should also go after the sender. Did they? Is there records of who sent the weapons?
Actually, wasnt it legal to have them at that period of time? I could be wrong, but I believe the ban was passed after WACO, not before.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,493,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It's Texas. That's a starter kit for some individuals much less a compound.

Perfectly legal. I have one.

Hopefully it was smokeless powder. Black powder has few uses outside of black powder rifles/pistols.

Just because it sounds full auto, doesn't mean it is illegal. There are numerous machine gun shoots in TX where class III owners get together. Who's to say there wasn't a class III owner at the compound. Plus a semi-auto can be bump fired like the video below.

YouTube - ‪BUMP FIRE SLIDE FIRE SOLUTIONS SSAR-15 ar15‬‏

Conversion from semi-auto to full auto isn't as easy as one would think. The required parts are rare and expensive to get. Either way, after Ruby Ridge you would think the ATF would learn some lessons but I guess not. Maybe next time.
Ruby Ridge involved the US Marshals, not the ATF. Nor did the ATF obtain their warrant based upon any suspicion of illegal firearms. The ATF warrant was for drugs on the compound, a meth lab that Koresh himself reported to the local Sheriff 5 years before the Waco raid. The ATF knew it was an illegal warrant, but used it anyway.

Had the warrant been for any illegal firearms, the ATF and FBI would not have been able to use the military equipment they used in the Waco raid. Under a 1980 revision of the Posse Comitatus Act, the military may get involved in domestic law enforcement when it concerns drugs.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually, wasnt it legal to have them at that period of time? I could be wrong, but I believe the ban was passed after WACO, not before.
It is rare that you can accept shipments of any complete firearm via the mail or other package carrier. Most of the time they have to be sent through your local FFL.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Ruby Ridge involved the US Marshals, not the ATF. Nor did the ATF obtain their warrant based upon any suspicion of illegal firearms. The ATF warrant was for drugs on the compound, a meth lab that Koresh himself reported to the local Sheriff 5 years before the Waco raid. The ATF knew it was an illegal warrant, but used it anyway.

Had the warrant been for any illegal firearms, the ATF and FBI would not have been able to use the military equipment they used in the Waco raid. Under a 1980 revision of the Posse Comitatus Act, the military may get involved in domestic law enforcement when it concerns drugs.
All of the alphabet agencies seem to have had a hand in one or both of these. It's difficult to keep track of which one did what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies