Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:23 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Limbaugh doesn't hate all Americans, only the Black, liberal, gay, Muslim, feminist, Hispanic, and immigrant kind.

Of course he doesn't hate ALL Americans. Just the ones who work for a living, look a little different and the ones who aren't dittoheads.

Musings from the dark end of the bar: Why does Rush Limbaugh Hate America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 10:34 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Why do liberals constantly attack conservative spokesmen and women?
Because they are all for "openness" and "diversity" as long as you agree with them.

Because they don't know the Democrat Party was infiltrated and co-opted by Communist moles in the 1960s and 1970s.

They hail Charlie Schumer and despise John Lott. They are clueless or delusional.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:59 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1. Why is it that these right wing talk jocks "support the military" yet none of them has served a single day; indeed some went to lengths to avoid service.
You mean in order to support the military, I needed to voluntarily enlist or enroll through ROTC and make it my career? Basically that means the only people that are entitled to claim that they support our military are those that sre currently serving or are veterans. Something doesn't sound right there.....

Quote:
4. While falling over each other to denounce unions, these guys are union members themselves.
Do you think they had a choice of not joining and still choose radio as their careeer? If you want the job, you have to join....you have no choice....unless it's a right to work state, which in that case, unions are a moot point....they're practically powerless and most don't join.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:43 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
You poor thing I do feel for you because you believe all that MSNBC tells you. Some of us actually think for ourselves. You might try it sometime, though one has to have a brain to do it. I rarely watch Fox, though I do sometimes. Went I am wanting a good belly laugh, I watch MSNBC. It must suck to be such an ObamaBot that one lost all capabilities of thinking.
*First of all, my response to you was an "open letter" to the "fair and balanced" crowd.
*If you are a traditional conservative, you're disdain for Obama makes no sense.
*All MSNBC does is expose con artists and charlatans (and only recently at that).
MSNBC, MSNBC, MSNBC, MSNBC..... you righties really have it bad.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:46 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
*First of all, my response to you was an "open letter" to the "fair and balanced" crowd.
*If you are a traditional conservative, you're disdain for Obama makes no sense.
*All MSNBC does is expose con artists and charlatans (and only recently at that).
MSNBC, MSNBC, MSNBC, MSNBC..... you righties really have it bad.
Sorry but MSNBC hasn't exposed anything except their partisanship and ignorance. Try again!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:43 PM

255 posts, read 219,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yes! I'll be glad when Obama quits saying jobs are top priority while not creating any!!! Totally agree!!!
I disagree with your statement that Obama isn't producing any new jobs. Just look at how many government jobs are being created by increasing the size and scope of the federal government. Soon there won't be enough private sector employees to pay the taxes to fund the federal employees.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:50 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
So, why is it that Limbaugh, Beck, Levin, et al hate America/Americans?

If you thought half of Americans were ignorant lazy good for nothing leeches, you'd hate them too.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Thumbs up I don't start many threads in this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
I disagree with your statement that Obama isn't producing any new jobs. Just look at how many government jobs are being created by increasing the size and scope of the federal government. Soon there won't be enough private sector employees to pay the taxes to fund the federal employees.
Wow!

My old thread from 2 years ago.

Here's a reality check:

Under Obama, a Record Decline in Government Jobs - NYTimes.com

A Record Decline in Government Jobs: Implications for the Economy and America's Workforce | Brookings Institution

CHART: Bush Vs. Obama On Private And Public Sector Job Creation | ThinkProgress

That last one has a nice chart.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
The usual right wing assumption is that they are the patriots. They are the defenders of the republic. They are the glue that holds America together.

If that's the case, I have some inconsistencies to point out.

1. Why is it that these right wing talk jocks "support the military" yet none of them has served a single day; indeed some went to lengths to avoid service.
2. How is daily spouting aimed at angering their audience with divisive half-truths and mischaracterizations at helpful to America? Portraying fellow Americans as enemies is hardly patriotic in any sense. It's demagoguery, pure and simple.
3. Fostering a "no compromise" mindset is the opposite of political activity. It results in deadlock. Politics is the art of compromise.
4. While falling over each other to denounce unions, these guys are union members themselves.

Rush Limbaugh « reality-based world
Because they all make a crap ton of money riling people up--the more outrageous they are, the more listeners and viewers they get, and that brings in advertising dollars. It can go too far in some markets--Beck was dumped by FOX because he was too nutty even for them, but Beck found another niche on his own. It's no different than "shock jocks" like Howard Stern. The problem is that there's a leadership vacuum in the R party right now, so people take these media personalities seriously because there's no one else to listen too. The shock jocks don't have to be accountable for what they say, like an actual elected leader would be. They can say whatever they want, regardless of how accurate it is or if it causes damage, and then let the chips fall where they may while they rake in the bucks.

I think some of the leading conservative "entertainers" can take a big chunk of the credit for the rise of the democrats and the decline of the conservative movement. By being flamethrowers, they've damaged the R brand to the point that they've completely lost the moderate R's and independents. Maybe a more accurate way to say it is that they've lost anyone who's sane...

Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
The usual right wing assumption is that they are the patriots. They are the defenders of the republic. They are the glue that holds America together.

If that's the case, I have some inconsistencies to point out.

2. How is daily spouting aimed at angering their audience with divisive half-truths and mischaracterizations at helpful to America? Portraying fellow Americans as enemies is hardly patriotic in any sense. It's demagoguery, pure and simple.
3. Fostering a "no compromise" mindset is the opposite of political activity. It results in deadlock. Politics is the art of compromise.

Rush Limbaugh « reality-based world
I don't think it's so much that the hate "America." They hate most Americans.

They are right wingers, and right wingers throughout history have always idolized a system that glorifies the rich and worships authority figures. Their idealized system requires scapegoats, and stacks the deck against all but the rich. It's also patriarchal by nature, and demonizes women, sometimes directly, sometimes not. It is consistent in its disdain for those who have no power, the old, the ill, the poor and working poor, minorities, and so on.

Right wing leaders (such as Rush Limbaugh), in order to gain the support of relatively uneducated groups, appeal to the basest common denominator, much in the way it was done among Nazis. They use scapegoats to appease the suffering of those who are not doing well, but support right wing leaders.

This is sad, but I remember not too long ago watching a PBS program about the homeless. They interviewed a homeless man who was visibly ill, toothless, and highly uneducated. His comments went something like this: "I don't respect people on welfare. They're deadbeats." I nearly fell off my chair at the degree of self-brainwashing that implied, and the sheer stupidity of the situation vs. the comment.

And yes, I've noticed that right wing leaders are cowards who wouldn't serve a day in their lives if the world depended on it, and yet they're cheerleaders about sending others to fight. In that regard, McCain is truly a remarkable exception. The rest of right wingers cannot be admired, are traitors rather than patriots, and deserve not one iota of respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies