Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times

Advertisements

Just one more example of liberal group-thinking intruding into the American Judical System.

The punk's lives were forfeit when they first walked into that establishment with the intention of commiting the crime. The exact details of how they were finally terminated are irrelevant after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Why are you blaming the liberals for this ruling> it was in OK.. which is as conservative as it gets... or did you forget that? I'm pretty sure the media had no input in his case.

Personally he should not have been charged. If you risk others with injury and threaten their well being I have no qualms if they defend themselves even to killing the perp. preferably kill them so no one has to deal with them or pay for their upkeep. If you have Clark kent faced with a life and death situation ( likely his perception) he has to be so loadded with adrenaline he can't think straight. then top that off with testosterone... Antwon had no chance. he was meeting his maker the day he decided to rob this guy. I don't care how many times he shot him... make sure he doesnt' move again. I give people in adverse situations the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea what it feels like to have that much juice running in you under these circumstances... If a twinkie can get Dan White off then this guy needs a better attorney.

We have enough worthless people around. If they have no regard for others , I will have no concern about them. and that is from a liberal.

Sorry it doesn't fit with your warped perception that liberals are the root to all that ails the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Pharmacist gets life for killing would-be robber - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

"An Oklahoma pharmacist has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for first-degree murder in the shooting death of a teenager who tried to rob the south Oklahoma City pharmacy where he worked."

It doesn't call out if the robber was armed. I suspect he was but the lib media wouldn't say.

The sentence was too harsh.

OK, let's hear from the libs who will say "But it was *just* a child!"

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's self-defense under Universal Law.
Good thing we aren't governed by fluffy BS like that.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by that. If you mean the first shot killed him or would have killed him, then then additional shots aren't relevant, so that would be an excellent case for appeal backed up by tons of case law.
Um, what? The first shot is the one where a legitimate self-defense claim exists. The other shots are indeed relevant. I know you're 99.9% likely to have been making this up, but I'd love to discuss that case law with you once you find it.

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
It's self-defense under Universal Law.

I don't understand what you mean by that. If you mean the first shot killed him or would have killed him, then then additional shots aren't relevant, so that would be an excellent case for appeal backed up by tons of case law.

As long as he is alive, he's a problem.

That's what's wrong with you people. You got stupid stuff like "Zero-Tolerance" for peanut butter in elementary schools, but when it comes to
"Zero-Tolerance" for crime, your spines turn to jelly and you slink away.
You have tons of case law of what "Universal Law". LMFAO. In what State or Country do they practice "Universal Law"?

What do you mean by you people? What country are you from?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Shoot to kill and get another gun and shoot again?
That's not self-defense.
Definitely. His goal should have been to stay safe till the police got there. But now it looks like a cold-blooded killing, he is hardly any better than his victim...
People who own guns should be cool-headed and rational.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The first shot was clean...the pumping him full of more bullets when he no longer posed a threat was a problem.
Exactly.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Just one more example of liberal group-thinking intruding into the American Judical System.

The punk's lives were forfeit when they first walked into that establishment with the intention of commiting the crime. The exact details of how they were finally terminated are irrelevant after that.
Yeah, darn those laws.
Some people want vigilante justice, that's a great legacy for the US.

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:

As long as he is alive, he's a problem.
That's a good point on the first part. If he was already dead, then the worst the pharmacist could be charged with is abuse of a corpse. If the robber was still alive, and arguably still a threat, then the self defense becomes clear.

The mistake was in getting another gun to finish the job. As I said, I see the technical basis for the charges. Morally, I think they guy's a hero.

In any case, Antwun aint gonna be robbin' no body no mo'! I'll bet his momma appears on TV saying "He was a good boy who just liked to make people laugh and he done fell in wit' the wrong crowd!"

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Definitely. His goal should have been to stay safe till the police got there. But now it looks like a cold-blooded killing, he is hardly any better than his victim...
Since we are unaware that his victim would have been willing to execute someone, it's safe to say based on the information that he's probably worse than the victim. There is a reason that we punish armed robbery and murder differently.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The robber got what he deserved, too.

I'm pretty sure he won't be robbing anyone again.
And Col. Ersland will not be shooting anyone again either.

As the poster below my last post pointed out, the shooter was OK with me (and the jury, evidently) until he went back into the store, got out another gun, and shot the man he had originally shot - again - five more times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies