Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
Yeah, right-if this was Obama doing the same thing, I would still be arguing it is wrong, and so would the right wingers-that is the difference between me and them. If these pilots need to be in the air they should be scheduled to do something useful to us taxpayers, as we are paying for the gas and maintenance of their equipment. To say that there is nothing better for them to do than to ferry a politician to a baseball game is just plain stupid.
If Obama wanted to go to his daughter's baseball game it would cost the American tax payers millions of dollars for 5 innings, that's just the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
Chris Christie who has been spending his time as governor of new jersey by making drastic cuts to education and basically all public services while claiming the state is broke, recently took a helicopter ride to attend his son's H.S. baseball game.

Christie used the recently purchased 12.5 million dollar helicopter to fly from the capital to his son's baseball game in Bergen County NJ where he landed on a football field adjacent to the baseball field. he then took a ride in a car to move from the football field about 100 yards to the baseball stands. He watched about 6 innings before the game was then delayed for him to depart again.

Was he rushing off to official important business? No he was having a dinner with people who were interested in having him run for president.

Christie has shown what fiscal conservatives mean when they say we all need to tighten our belts in these tough economic times... all the regular people are going to get the shaft while people like him continue to live lavishly.

First Read - Chris Christie's helicopter ride
I heard:

He parks it in his garage so no one can see it.

Other uses are for shipping large amounts of cocaine to orphaned kids in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba and The Horn of Africa from Chile and Columbia.

He has three mistresses that he meets in there and the helicopter is barely functional because of the stripped pole in it.

The baseball game was a rouse so he could meet up with Manuel Noriega, Fidel and the new leader of the Communist Party USA.

It's really his getaway vehicle when he sets off massive death ray upon the water system that turns everyone mad!

He hides underage girls under the seats for later when his wife goes to sleep.

He's going to use it to blow up all the Phillie's Pro TEAMS!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I heard:

He parks it in his garage so no one can see it.

Other uses are for shipping large amounts of cocaine to orphaned kids in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba and The Horn of Africa from Chile and Columbia.

He has three mistresses that he meets in there and the helicopter is barely functional because of the stripped pole in it.

The baseball game was a rouse so he could meet up with Manuel Noriega, Fidel and the new leader of the Communist Party USA.

It's really his getaway vehicle when he sets off massive death ray upon the water system that turns everyone mad!

He hides underage girls under the seats for later when his wife goes to sleep.

He's going to use it to blow up all the Phillie's Pro TEAMS!

I heard he takes photos of himself in his underwear and sends them to teenage girls across the country... and he loans the chopper to Beck and Rush on the weekends so they can take it down to the AZ Mexico border and shoot at illegal aliens while snorting coke and fondling alter boys.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
I am VERY disappointed in him and I let him know via email today.

What's not to understand. It's NOT HIS MONEY!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM

631 posts, read 720,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Try repeating the quote correctly

"It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft,"

Nobody but you said this was any kind of homeland security mission, they simply said they do different kinds of daily training to acclimate the pilots to new aircraft.

Flight hours = flight hours

A pilot is learning when he's in flying whether there are passengers in the back or not, a pilot learns a lot about an aircraft landing in different locations whether he's dropping off someone at a baseball game or landing on a baseball field in the middle of nowhere with no game going on.

By that logic, it would appear that the pilot was not too acclimated to the helicopter, so he needed training to do so. Going off of that was it smart to let this pilot fly the Governor around? Or is it smart to let a pilot fly the governor around of he still needs practice landing the thing?

Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
If Obama wanted to go to his daughter's baseball game it would cost the American tax payers millions of dollars for 5 innings, that's just the way it is.

I have to look it up to confirm but I believe if any president uses something like that to personal use, it comes out of their pockets outside of the security costs.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
By that logic, it would appear that the pilot was not too acclimated to the helicopter, so he needed training to do so. Going off of that was it smart to let this pilot fly the Governor around? Or is it smart to let a pilot fly the governor around of he still needs practice landing the thing?
Oh jesus, just give up.

You know you're wrong and will never admit it, they could have had a copilot up front getting used to the chopper while a trained pilot went along for the ride. You just don't know, it seems like if there was an issue of safety the gov. wouldn't have been on the chopper in the first place but of course you know more than the people involved so we'll take your word on this one.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
I have to look it up to confirm but I believe if any president uses something like that to personal use, it comes out of their pockets outside of the security costs.
The security costs alone are in the millions and we foot the bill to fly the President all over the F'in world for no good reason.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,763 times
You have nothing here , show me a picture of Christie with a hooker or shut up .

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Oh jesus, just give up.

You know you're wrong and will never admit it, they could have had a copilot up front getting used to the chopper while a trained pilot went along for the ride.

Hey, its not me who is being thick here. As it was already said by someone else in this thread

"To say that there is nothing better for them to do than to ferry a politician to a baseball game is just plain stupid."

Sadly you got your blinders on and cant see whats wrong with what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies