Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And Heritage Foundation had analyzed that with Bush tax cuts, the country would have paid off its debt by 2010. That with the policies the conservatives pushed for, the economy would be in GREAT shape, with balanced budget and all.

While at it, you should mention that too?
Consider it mentioned. By adding that as an additional example of a failed plan, are you conceding that the stimulus didn't do as predicted by the administration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They'll continue to carpet bomb with lies and propoganda as evidenced on this thread.
The thing is , I dont think it will work. elections are about the economy.
The clock is running

Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I asked what policies were put into effect, you responded by telling me Bush made a speech.. Lets try this again..
Try, until you get it, but the problem is that when you start misrepresenting what has been said, it pretty much ensures that you will never get it.

There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Lets start with increasing FHA Loan limits....
Increasing FHA loan limits does not decrease the standards to obtain a loan..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
But if you want to play this game, tell us "What Obama Policy" is causing unemployment rates to remain high?

Can't do it? Buh, buh, buh.... It's OBAMA'S FAULT!!! You parrott that as FACT over and over again!!! So what POLICY of Obama's is causing that? (LOL!!! I'll have fun watching you scramble to change the rules of the game again here.... )
Actually I can do it.. When you TAKE MONEY OUT OF THE ECONOMY.. You cant be shocked when peopld DONT SPEND..
Quote:
Overly simplistic way of looking at reality, or perhaps the defense. This wasn't just a mortgage issue, it was a credit lending issue that had mortgage problem all over it. Here's a clue: 1929, 1988, 2007.

In speeches, Bush was found regularly celebrating interest rate cuts, and how it would boost the economy. But trust me, it wasn't speeches that brought the economy down. A major part of the problem was those interest rate cuts to prop up the economy. Never mind the grand idea the administration came up with, allowing some of the largest financial institutions (yes, they all collapsed) to leverage with well over 30:1 ratio. Now tell me, who was supporting it? Is it not insanity to support such ideas? Does it take only a genius to recognize a problem with relaxing such rules to allow banks to lend more than $30 for each dollar they show compared to $10-$12? When you allow banks to do that, what results do you expect?
More failure.. Speeches DONT CHANGE POLICIES..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Try, until you get it, but the problem is that when you start misrepresenting what has been said, it pretty much ensures that you will never get it.

There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.
I'm waiting for you to list policy changes that lowered the standards. You'd think after all of those blogs you've read proclaiming Bush = bad, you'd be able to list ONE..

Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Consider it mentioned. By adding that as an additional example of a failed plan, are you conceding that the stimulus didn't do as predicted by the administration?
If you want to rely on unemployment numbers, I think it was stupid to even claim anything along the lines, just as it is to make an argument against the claim. But did the stimulus fail? Not in my opinion. Where it failed, IMO, was that it relied a bit too much on tax cuts, a demand of the conservatives met in the congress. In a world where partisanship rules over common sense, the drive for bipartisanship is a stupid idea. That is also where the stimulus (and the health care reform) fails, IMO.

But, did it work better than the stimuli presented under republican congress and Bush administration? No doubt. I also believe that without the stimulus, the economy would have been far worse.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The thing is , I dont think it will work. elections are about the economy.
The clock is running
The Democrats are hoping they can use a natural business cycle to convince more people that their policies are a success, when reality is, the economy will recover despite their failings. Things will get better despite the government, not because of it.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
More failure.. Speeches DONT CHANGE POLICIES..
I don't think you're stupid enough to not be able to comprehend the simple sentences. Your obligatory remarks only serve and are meant to be deflection, to avoid discussing real issues. As, in this case, you didn't dare utter a single word on implications of relaxing leveraging regulation on the banks or on the issue of interest rate cuts as a tool to prop up the economy, what such actions mean to lending versus savings.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
If you want to rely on unemployment numbers, I think it was stupid to even claim anything along the lines, just as it is to make an argument against the claim. But did the stimulus fail? Not in my opinion. Where it failed, IMO, was that it relied a bit too much on tax cuts, a demand of the conservatives met in the congress. In a world where partisanship rules over common sense, the drive for bipartisanship is a stupid idea. That is also where the stimulus (and the health care reform) fails, IMO.
yeah, the Obama stimulus bill would have been so much greater, had they spent $600B on food stamps, rather than the $300B..
Quote:
But, did it work better than the stimuli presented under republican congress and Bush administration? No doubt. I also believe that without the stimulus, the economy would have been far worse.
The failing of the economy stopped before one dime of the stimulus bill was spent. Its great though that you can sit here and "believe" things, even if facts show you as wrong..

Old 06-03-2011, 09:44 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
I don't think you're stupid enough to not be able to comprehend the simple sentences. Your obligatory remarks only serve and are meant to be deflection, to avoid discussing real issues. As, in this case, you didn't dare utter a single word on implications of relaxing leveraging regulation on the banks or on the issue of interest rate cuts as a tool to prop up the economy.
You're losing this argument man.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You're losing this argument man.
Is that the best you've got? Or, perhaps you're in the same camp as pqhquest who would rather dare not touch such issues?

Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies