Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 08:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
What? Nowhere in that time span were 83,000 jobs added? I would like to see the proof that a cumulative sum of jobs for any period of time from 2001-2009 never saw 83,000.
Private Sector jobs, Jan 2001: 111.634 million
Private Sector jobs, Jan 2009: 110.981 million

Net Private Sector jobs lost in the eight years: 653K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This year? Really? That's strange, since it tax doesn't go into effect til 2013. But what's a good lie between friends? By 2013 most firms will be able to offset the tax via cost reductions, although firing people is easy, good management finds other ways to offset.
Look again Bucko....I said 2013.....Nice of you to jump to conclusions.
Let me educate you, firms have been doing cost reductions the last few yrs. Do you work in the Med tech industry, I bet not. I do, and firms have already cut cost to the bone over the last 5 yrs, headcount reduction is a last resort. Good management has already cut costs, and Govt policies push companies in this direction. Unlike the Govt. private business can't stay in business unless they make a profit, and provide revenue for the Govt. As the Govt takes to much, or act like that is their next move this is what Businesses do...Imagine you are not in the Private sector

Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You're saying Bush burned $440 Billion on minorities who ALREADY QUALIFIED???? Whhaaaaaaatttt???

No, that was Bush's speech, not mine.
So you think a speech, created the mortgage bubble? Wow, that Bush, he sure was powerful..

Please stop.. if you could only see how hard I'm laughing at your claims you'd be embarassed..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

And what was it before Democrats took over Congress? Gain of 10M jobs.. Thanks for showing the incompetence of Democrats, to lose nearly 11M jobs in only 2 years..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
FAIL.. Unless you can list to me the changes made, to make these mortgages "less riskier".. Just giving minorities, mortgages, doesnt make mortgages riskier. It gets even worse considering the fact that it was AAA credit mortgages defaults which caused the collapse, and the writedowns too place in Switzerland.. But hey, your daily kos said it, so it must be true..

I'm anxiously awaiting a list of these changes..
Yeah, should have known you weren't going to actually read my link in the first place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
For a couple years, the Bush Administration touted their success in encouraging more "creative mortgages" that allowed people to become homeowners. They also routinely pointed to the housing numbers to show that their economic policies were working to keep the U.S. economy out of a recession. Bush even personally took credit in speeches for the fact that there were more "creative" loan products that were allowing people who would otherwise have not been able to do so to get loans. The Bush Administration even pushed a "Zero-Downpayment Initiative" to try to allow people to get mortgages with no money down.
Helloooooooo McFly!!!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
Quote:

Again, that is an end-beginning. I want data for each month from 2001-2009 to show your assertion that never during the Bush presidency did the economy see a gain of 83,000 jobs.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:15 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
In other words, it dismisses consumption.
More word games from Einstein's Ghost. Dismissal presumes an active negation of an economic concept. Consumption has an important part in Austrian economics, it just doesn't see it as the issue or driving force behind economic crises. Hence, consumption is seen as a constant. People will always consume things. That isn't a "dismissal" by any means.

Look at the current economic crisis were in. Do you think it was caused by automatic lack of consumption? If anything, it was CAUSED by TOO MUCH consumption, particularly of homes with the help of the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yeah, should have known you weren't going to actually read my link in the first place..
I read the part you quoted, I assumed you'd quote the most important part from the story.

Nope, no list of changes.. I wonder why

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A disaster, that's what we have in the obama recovery. With all the OTHER horrible economic news coming this past week, this is the only conclusion.

Job growth slows to 54,000 in May, rate up to 9.1% - MarketWatch

Are they ever right or unsurprised anymore?
Obama: 'I say that at a time when the tax burden on the wealthy is at its lowest level in half a century, the most fortunate among us can afford to pay a little more.'
0bama can fix this, and inspire job creation with more 0bamaCare waivers, and raising taxes on the businesses that hire people. The wealthy <cough> small businesses owners will start hiring like gangbusters once their taxes go up.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The longer Obama is prez, the more I notice the most popular defense of his economic policy is--- Bush was worse. It's like a next to last place team cheering because they're not last.

His 'stimulus' bill flopped. The ur topped what he forecast would be the worst rate Without the 'stimulus.'
If you want to respond to my post, try to address it directly, not with your obligatory parroting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All you did was change the topic because you didnt like the points being made. Are you going to continue to pretend that Congress is responsible for airline security? You guys never cease to provide me with substantial humor.
If following your logic, responding to it exactly along the lines, is changing the topic, than I'm surely guilty of that. As for your excuses, they continue to be amusing. Kinda disappointing that you haven't blamed Clinton for airline security... yet. But then, you may be correct... national security, the security inside our own borders isn't the responsibility of the Congress and the President, as long as they happen to be republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies