Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 08:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If you want to respond to my post, try to address it directly, not with your obligatory parroting.
Why do you hold others to different standards than you hold yourself?
Quote:
If following your logic, responding to it exactly along the lines, is changing the topic, than I'm surely guilty of that. As for your excuses, they continue to be amusing. Kinda disappointing that you haven't blamed Clinton for airline security... yet. But then, you may be correct... national security, the security inside our own borders isn't the responsibility of the Congress and the President, as long as they happen to be republicans.
Ahhh, so following your logic, because I didnt say it, then I must believe it.. Please, I cant take much more of this humor. This must be the new Democratic strategy when proven wrong, pretend others say stuff, and then argue against what they didnt say.

I would have thought by now you would want to stop embarassing yourself..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:20 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
What? Nowhere in that time span were 83,000 jobs added? I would like to see the proof that a cumulative sum of jobs for any period of time from 2001-2009 never saw 83,000.
Sometimes you just need to ignore the witless prattling from some folks, because it seems they just argue for the sake of arguing.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Again, that is an end-beginning. I want data for each month from 2001-2009 to show your assertion that never during the Bush presidency did the economy see a gain of 83,000 jobs.
Two important points:
1. Read my post.
2. Try to understand it.

Then come back with a response. Now if you want to discuss something else, such as comparing jobs added at exactly the same period of time under Bush administration as under Obama, 83K jobs added in May 2011 is nearly 4 times more than the number of jobs added in May 2003. And by no measure is 83K a good number. What do you then make of the economic situation eight years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sometimes you just need to ignore the witless prattling from some folks, because it seems they just argue for the sake of arguing.
Ignoring is guaranteed to be your best defense.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:24 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Didn't the end of Bush's term coincide with the financial crisis? It wouldn't be surprising that his term would have posted negative net job creation.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All you did was change the topic because you didnt like the points being made. Are you going to continue to pretend that Congress is responsible for airline security? You guys never cease to provide me with substantial humor.

Your failure is not recongizing that the reason why these mortgages were able to be sold world wide, is because they came with AAA credit ratings, which wouldnt have been possible without the governmental guarantees backing them up..

its GOVERNMENT creating the problem. Without the GSAs backing them up, these mortgages would have been rated C- at best and wouldnt have been sellable, and without buyers, they wouldnt have been made to begin with.
Except that they didn't come with government guarantees. That's why they were risky. AIG backed them and didn't have the resources to back them all.

Putting it another way, had they been backed by the US Gov't, the government wouldn't have needed to pass TARP which bought many of these fiailed mortgages.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Why do you hold others to different standards than you hold yourself?
No. I would hate to be like you in that regard, hence my first post to you in this thread.

Quote:
Ahhh, so following your logic, because I didnt say it, then I must believe it.. Please, I cant take much more of this humor. This must be the new Democratic strategy when proven wrong, pretend others say stuff, and then argue against what they didnt say.
You wouldn't dare say it.

Quote:
I would have thought by now you would want to stop embarassing yourself..
I know, under other circumstances trying to engage with someone in a debate knowing very well that there will be more bickering and no substance in arguments would definitely be embarrassing. But I do it anyway for sake of entertainment, to continue live and engaging demonstration of predictability of such obligatory parroting that you never miss to deliver.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
If you want to respond to my post, try to address it directly, not with your obligatory parroting.[snip]
Bush and the R's are mainly responsible for the recession. Happy ?

I'm more concered with the failure of the prez elected in 2008 to get the economy back in shape. At this rate we'll be having Recovery Summer III next year.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:29 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
I think its funny that you sat here and blamed the GOP for perpetuating the problems, especially considering the whole crash took place under a Democratic Congress. It gets even funnier that you want to suggest more government spending, which would then increase unemployment even more.. But hey, you'll always be able to blame the GOP again, even if it does make such claims silly.
We have entered into Obama's third year as president. Do you think his plan should be taking hold by now to turn the economy around? The dems were all hudled in meeting with him for over 90 min and they came out with nothing at all but still blaming the republicans and insisting that they will not be cutting their pet programs. Things will remain the same I fear. The dem mouthpiece this morning stated that the GOP will just have to learn that they can't get everything they want, but I ask that the dems learn that same lesson quickly.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Didn't the end of Bush's term coincide with the financial crisis? It wouldn't be surprising that his term would have posted negative net job creation.
Yeah, nobody could have predicted the debacle years ahead of time. Certainly not you, or so it seems. Job market was exceptionally strong throughout Bush Presidency, and so was the economy, right?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't see how creating more unemployed would help lower the UE rate.
Why don't you pose that question to Obam as he seems to be creating nothing but unemployed. His stimulous has resulted in too much money being thrown on short term road work and nothing of substance. Show me the jobs in mass he has created with this nonsense. CZARS don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies