Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM

589 posts, read 376,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
This is horrible news.

The economy is entering into a new recession it appears.

I'm going to cut down on spending until things get better, I have no choice.
I think it's a wise decision, I could do the same.
I'm scared about the future now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:17 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,619 times
Are we in the Hope or Change part now?

In seriousness, I am in big business....we have little confidence in knowing how Washington Policies are going to affect us - hence the wait and see approach to hiring. If we believe it is going to cost us more b/c of Govt imposed rules, Helathcare, etc. we would rather not hire now. Recall, private business number one goal is to make profit, and hire the most talented folks to do that. If Govt gets in the way, then Bus has to cut cost, through outsourcing and decreased in costs (less hiring). You can agree or disagree with this, but this is the way things work...so anti business policy, or even the perception will not help business hire..

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
OMG this President is a disaster, he should learn economics !
I can't wait for 2012, and I'm not a big fan of GOP....

Barry Hussein is the "Paris Hilton" of government. He was handed over a company with zero training or experience and thinks things run themselves by him just being there.

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Why does anyone one still believe the 9.1% horse hockey? The real rate is closer to 20%. When people run out of UE they are remove from the "unemployed" list and statisticaly cease to exist. They still don't have a job.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

In seriousness, I am in big business....we have little confidence in knowing how Washington Policies are going to affect us - hence the wait and see approach to hiring. If we believe it is going to cost us more b/c of Govt imposed rules, Helathcare, etc. we would rather not hire now. Recall, private business number one goal is to make profit, and hire the most talented folks to do that. If Govt gets in the way, then Bus has to cut cost, through outsourcing and decreased in costs (less hiring). You can agree or disagree with this, but this is the way things work...so anti business policy, or even the perception will not help business hire..

HOAX and CHAINS

Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,136 times
Quote:
This is horrible news.

I have been living like a tiny mouse.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:22 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Private sector up 83,000. Seems to be slowing, even the Repubs are starting to realize we must invest in jobs in areas that do not exist right now. May be time to have a WPA type program to rebuild Infrastructure until innovation can create the future jobs. The Country is in trouble and need the Repubs to engage in trying to resolve some problems, rather than perpetuating them.

Actually admitting that the dems don't have the answer? Perhaps there is hope for you yet.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
This is horrible news.

You and millions of other people, which IS the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
First, I've discredited that statement the last time you used it but it's clear that YOU don't get it.

It's pure tried and true Keynesian economics. As you said, "its not rocket science" -- (at least for some.)
You haven't discredit anything.

Keynesian doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

Obama's policies, his regulatory heavy handedness, his unpopular, unsustainable and unconstitutional obamacare is weighing heavily on business AND individuals.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
When you have 50 States firing people, it not only results in Public sector job loses, it results in private sector loses as well.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Ok, I'll bite. What policies of the Democratic Congress caused the crash?
It must be a world record, because Dems took Congress in Jan 2007, and the economy begun to collapse only a few months later. Yes, I would also like to know what policy from those few months triggered the collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies