Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No kidding, that's why Walker and most of the other right wing Koch owned senators are going to be thrown out on their rears where they belong
Do you even know how foolish you look when you spout off about the Koch's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Walker will not come out in public unless he hopes to hide behind some sympathetic group.

Contrary, to right wing propaganda, Special Olympians and their families are not babies that need to be sheltered and coddled. Not one single Special Olympian in that video had a problem with the protestors.

What a wimp he is for needing to hide behind these kids.

Hahahahaha......you're saying Walker is hiding. But you were all for the Dems running and hiding in another state. Can you liberals BE bigger hypocrites?

As for the Special Olympians, unless you asked every single one, you are LYING.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The problem is that at post 31 you agreed with a poster saying this was right wing propaganda. That post politicized it. And although a Kennedy founded the organization it certainly isn't the right wing that believes that fetuses with downs syndrome should be aborted.
When did I say anything about that?? I think you're confusing me with another poster, as I said nothing of the sort... I don't know anything about the politics behind this issue, and only have knowledge of the Special Olympics itself. Please re-read that page, because I think you are confused.

Quote:
And although I believe you were being kind in your post stating that the participants are supposed to be addressed as intellectually challenged I would like to point out that at the time I was working with this subset of the population the correct terminology was developmentally disabled.

I believe that many of the problems people have with all the political correctness of the new age is the speed with which this terminology changes. During the years I spent working in this field so much money was wasted making these changes such as persons served to clients served etc. and each time a change occurs all the manuals etc must be updated to reflect the change. None of these changes helped the people I worked with in any way and none made them look at themselves in a different light. The afflictions they have didn't change with terminology. It's bull crap plain and simple. If we were to spend money on developing more effective planning and quit with worrying so much about the PC end of things our money would be better spent. This is part of what has gotten us into the mess we are in financially.

Can anyone honestly tell me that someone is going to be hurt because someone calls them developmentally disabled as opposed to intellectually disabled? People making these changes need to look at themselves and answer one question. Who does the change in terminology actually affect? Instead of wasting time and efforts in changing the outward superficial appearance of something why not put your talents to better use and change something in their lives that truly betters their situation, not just something that makes "YOU" feel better. (Not directed at you personally, I'm trying to make a point)
I personally don't care what terms anyone uses, with the exception of the blatantly offensive ones - and I'm not usually one who cares about being "PC," as anyone who knows me IRL would confirm. I was only mentioning the "proper" term for the record (and it IS currently intellectually disabled according to the organization), since it seemed many people were making a concerted effort to use the proper terminology.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
First view of Obamacare death squads sent by death panel to pare down costs.

The union thugs expect the taxpayers to stand shoulder to shoulder with them on political issues??? I think not.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good for the protestors. They shouldn't let the guy have one minute's rest.

And as for the Special Olympians....that Governor along with his supporters are their worst enemies.

Are they for cutting government services to the disabled?????..........Yes!

Are they for relaxing regulations on corporations in regards to accomadating and hiring the disabled???

Yes the are!
Do you remember when Obama pulled that Special Olympics boner right there on TV? I guess these "zombies" will be voting for him again.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The protestors were actual zombies. Mindless shambling automatons bent on destruction. Its too bad they prevented the special olympians from enjoying their special recognition.
The left tries to come up with some catchy intelligent message and all they come up with is some befuddled incoherent slur showing their bitterness and hate. I've seen flash mobs show more creativity and they're mostly lonely boring people who are starved for attention.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The protestors were actual zombies. Mindless shambling automatons bent on destruction. Its too bad they prevented the special olympians from enjoying their special recognition.
The left tries to come up with some catchy intelligent message and all they come up with is some befuddled incoherent slur showing their bitterness and hate. I've seen flash mobs show more creativity and they're mostly lonely boring people who are starved for attention.
Wisconsin Protesters Target Special Olympics Ceremony - FoxNews.com

Several protesters in zombie makeup injected themselves into a Special Olympics ceremony in Wisconsin this week when they walked in front of Gov. Scott Walker and stood between him and the group of athletes he was paying tribute to in front of the state Capitol.

Yet the protest on Wednesday appeared to be unrelated.
Earlier in the day, a statewide student organization held what it calls an educational event on the opposite side of the Capitol on a new voter ID law that it says will make it harder for students to vote. The United Council of UW Students provided zombie makeup and T-shirts that read, "Students are as good as dead."

But the group disavowed any connection to the protest at the Special Olympics.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Wisconsin Protesters Target Special Olympics Ceremony - FoxNews.com

Several protesters in zombie makeup injected themselves into a Special Olympics ceremony in Wisconsin this week when they walked in front of Gov. Scott Walker and stood between him and the group of athletes he was paying tribute to in front of the state Capitol.

Yet the protest on Wednesday appeared to be unrelated.
Earlier in the day, a statewide student organization held what it calls an educational event on the opposite side of the Capitol on a new voter ID law that it says will make it harder for students to vote. The United Council of UW Students provided zombie makeup and T-shirts that read, "Students are as good as dead."

But the group disavowed any connection to the protest at the Special Olympics.
Unrelated? Yeah, because it's a common occurrence to walk around sporting zombie make-up/attire in Wisconsin. What a coincidence!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:27 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
What students even hold a job, never mind belong to a union? Dumb dupes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies