Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
If I am not correct, AZ was eligible but the funds were turned down by the republicans in office. Just like the KidsCare they abolished even though it would have meant more federal dollars for this state. And you know as well as I know what that means. Trips to the ER for the kids and then guess who pays for that? Just pure stupidity on so many levels I can't stand it.
No, people became ineligible for the final extension because the unemployment rate dropped. Kind of ironic. The bill that failed would have changed the number of years used in calculating the mean unemployment rate and AZ would have qualified for the additional federal dollars.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No, people became ineligible for the final extension because the unemployment rate dropped. Kind of ironic. The bill that failed would have changed the number of years used in calculating the mean unemployment rate and AZ would have qualified for the additional federal dollars.
That's not what I read Ponderosa but I guess I will have to go dig up the link.

Having said this, you can't deny anything else I said about her. And even you don't want to say where you live, which is very telling.

You're a very smart guy with a lot of great input on this forum, but I wish you'd be more forthright with respect to what this state is all about.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Well, I do know AZ as I live here. These extended benefits would not have cost the state a dime. Just more meanness on the part of this right wing run state. Yeah, simple meanness.
So where's the money coming from - fairy dust and unicorn poop?

Yeah, it's just pure evil that those of us that would have had to foot the bill oppose it. What about the pure meanness of the unemployed that can afford their gourmet drinks, tattoos and cigarettes?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Republicans look out for themselves and theirs and that is it and that is heartless.
Save it with the heartless rhetoric. The fact is, the left wants forced charity. That's not only heartless, but criminal.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So where's the money coming from - fairy dust and unicorn poop?

Yeah, it's just pure evil that those of us that would have had to foot the bill oppose it. What about the pure meanness of the unemployed that can afford their gourmet drinks, tattoos and cigarettes?
Huh? Link?

FWIW, I have no dog in this fight, other than the fact I despise the politics in this state and hate to see people suffer needlessly. Additionally, I have not and do not collect unemployment.

BTW, even when I had a great job I never ordered gourmet drinks, I sport no tatoos, but I do smoke. It helps me cope with the stress of living here. I am not using YOUR money to buy my cigarettes.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Save it with the heartless rhetoric. The fact is, the left wants forced charity. That's not only heartless, but criminal.
Hyperbole much?! You have the audacity to mention criminality when you vote for a party that knows nothing else? And, btw, I do not see all these super wealthy republicans being charitable. Do you? If so, care to share the evidence?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Hyperbole much?! You have the audacity to mention criminality when you vote for a party that knows nothing else?
you mean liberals..they are the ones more likely to be criminals

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Flat out, in your face, lack of caring for its citizens.
Lack of caring = doling out money to an unemployed person for almost 2 years?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you mean liberals..they are the ones more likely to be criminals
Please provide a link to support this assertion.

Just off the top of my head, I think it was absolutely criminal for Newt G to divorce his dying wife to marry another. THAT is criminal. And John Edwards gets no pass from me either.

But this is getting off track. The point is that this state and its politics are nothing but mean. Nothing is done for the people. We rank dead last in education and I suppose this is a way to ensure the future of Arizonans and their employability as well. Fortunately, I was educated in BLUE states.

And I notice you did not answer my question as to whether you are fluent in Spanish or not. The only jobs I've been offered, in large part, are because I have passed fluency tests in Spanish. Doesn't make it right. And I worked for peanuts at those jobs.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Oh, please. There are no darn jobs here. The ones there are pay $9.50 (if you're lucky) or maybe $12 (if you're really lucky) an hour.

Again, you live in NY so you haven't a clue about help wanted signs anywhere in this state. I don't see them ever. And, btw, hablas el espanol? Because if you don't good luck getting a job.
You are detached from reality if you believe there are no better paying jobs in Arizona or that you must speak Spanish to work.

I'm not saying Arizona has a great employment situation but far-fetched arguments like the ones you make just make me shake my head in disbelief. I'm not even sure if you believe what you are typing or just can't resist being overly dramatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies