Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yup, Clinton screwed up there BUT the idea came from Bush Sr. I am not sure of the machinations behind all of that. I suppose no one was holding a gun to Clinton's head, but that was then and this is now. Certainly eight years of Bush policy had a wee bit to do with favoring big corporations and being in bed with Wall Street. We know it was full of lies about WMD and stupid Americans bought into it. We know it disgraced this country by violating the Geneva Conventions and torturing people.

How all of this relates to AZ I am not sure, except that we're filled to the brim with these right wing voters who haven't gotten the memo that they are NOT cared about by those in power.
actually the idea came from the carter era, a brainchild of brzezinski..it was then negotiated by bush1,, but clinton pushed it, pushed hard on a democrat controlled congress to pass it..and he EXPANDED it going after china right after it....(I could provide you the links fromthe NYTimes if you would like)

the fact is the liberals have been pushing this globalists attitude for the last 50 years..you can talk all you want about bush (i didnt like him) he was a progressive globalist too

and the WMDs were not lies...even the clinton admin was talking about WMD's up until he left office

Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Says who and where do you live? I'm not talking about engineering jobs here. I am talking about average Joe jobs here. Most likely you do not live here and so your comment is irrelevant.
Ah, you've already backtracked and are now excluding the many engineering jobs in Arizona. I didn't know claiming "no jobs here" really meant unless engineer, but it doesn't matter there are other jobs too.

Here you go: Arizona companies that are hiring

That article profiles companies that are hiring in Arizona, including:
- commercial real estate
- Vanguard customer service reps
- Supermarkets
- Cancer treatment center
- Omega legal systems
- Freeport mining
- Cox business services
- George Brazil hvac

etc.

Sure just a sampling but it certainly doesn't support your claim of no jobs unless engineer and/or speaking Spanish. Article opens with:

After three years of losses, the state has gained jobs for the past three months, and about 10,800 so far this year.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I happen to live here. You don't. So stop pretending like you know what is going on here. And I am not lying. I really only got those jobs because of my Spanish. And anyone who speaks Spanish will be given preference over someone who does not, all other things being equal.
no true...right now homeland is highering 1000's of people IN ARIZONIA

I was stationed at Ft Huachuca., so I do know the area...and I have family in Mesa

here is a list of 47k jobs in pheonix

http://www.indeed.com/l-Phoenix,-AZ-jobs.html

even a program support assistant at the phoenix VA making 40-51k a year

even a zoo-keeper job

so please dont LIE and say there are no jobs

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Under the new Arizona rules if you are offered a minimum wage job and refuse it they will cut off your unemployment

Old 06-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I happen to live here. You don't. So stop pretending like you know what is going on here.
You don't know where I live, so you are (again) making claims based on nothing.

Quote:
And I am not lying. I really only got those jobs because of my Spanish. And anyone who speaks Spanish will be given preference over someone who does not, all other things being equal.
I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about jobs in Arizona. When you claim there are none, or that only Spanish speakers get them, you are indeed lying thru your teeth.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Under the new Arizona rules if you are offered a minimum wage job and refuse it they will cut off your unemployment
good since min wage is more than UE

Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Ah, you've already backtracked and are now excluding the many engineering jobs in Arizona. I didn't know claiming "no jobs here" really meant unless engineer, but it doesn't matter there are other jobs too.

Here you go: Arizona companies that are hiring

That article profiles companies that are hiring in Arizona, including:
- commercial real estate
- Vanguard customer service reps
- Supermarkets
- Cancer treatment center
- Omega legal systems
- Freeport mining
- Cox business services
- George Brazil hvac

etc.

Sure just a sampling but it certainly doesn't support your claim of no jobs unless engineer and/or speaking Spanish. Article opens with:

After three years of losses, the state has gained jobs for the past three months, and about 10,800 so far this year.
You can throw up whatever you want. I, OTOH, have been the one applying and looking for jobs. Just this past year I was offered two jobs and ONLY because I speak Spanish. It was a requirement. The first job I had to bail on as my father was dying. The second job would have meant calling people and harrassing them on junk debt collections.

And, woohoo! 10,800 jobs this year. Do you have any idea of how many people move here? Again, you do NOT live here. So you'd best stop looking like you know what you are talking about.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
You can throw up whatever you want. I, OTOH, have been the one applying and looking for jobs. Just this past year I was offered two jobs and ONLY because I speak Spanish. It was a requirement.
If your skills of reasoning lead you to deduce that your personal situation can be applied to statements about the entire job market, that trump all evidence to the contrary, then I am not surprised you don't find much work.

Quote:
And, woohoo! 10,800 jobs this year. Do you have any idea of how many people move here?
Do you? How much to the labor force in Arizona increase in the first quarter?

Quote:
Again, you do NOT live here. So you'd best stop looking like you know what you are talking about.
You have no idea where I live, this point is irrelevant since you obviously don't have the facts to draw a conclusion. Seems to be a habit for you.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
good since min wage is more than UE
If I am not mistaken, minimum wage here is $7.35. UE is $240.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
If your skills of reasoning lead you to deduce that your personal situation can be applied to statements about the entire job market, that trump all evidence to the contrary, then I am not surprised you don't find much work.

Do you? How much to the labor force in Arizona increase in the first quarter?

You have no idea where I live, this point is irrelevant since you obviously don't have the facts to draw a conclusion. Seems to be a habit for you.
Actually, I won't take the time to answer all your questions. You don't live here because most certainly you would have posted in the AZ forum and I do not ever recall seeing your username there. Plus, you said so in post 113.

Don't tell me what a habit is for me. The point is you don't know much about this state and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies