Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When the sheet hits the fan, a country boy will survive!

How many city slickers own a scoped rifle?
How many own a pistol?

No wonder they want to take our guns away, mainly semi-auto long guns.
Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.
Guns are great, but rednecks can be outsmarted. Maybe as easy as outsmarting a hamster. Spread rumors. Rednecks ask no questions.
All ya gotta do is tell some: Ya know that feller living on the road down yonder? Well. I done seen him at a commie meeting.
Then watch the rednecks go after each other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
We are missing something in this tread.

Shooting a deer is the easy part.

You have to know how to gut it so the meat is good.

Drag it out of the woods.

Know how and how long to let it hang.

Know how to cut it up.

Then how to keep it without refrigeration.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Uh huh. This ain't no Cullpepper Cattle Company operation and I can't speak to the operations of such. Outsourcing breeding knowledge you says? This is the ticket to better animal husbandry? Hmmmm...could these be the same cretins that think management of a horse herd means removing the prime stock for sale and kicking the inbred middle heads back out? Yea....BLM college educated "biologists ". Same types that try to introduce predators to areas for "pest control".....predators like coyotes. Sheer brilliance. Methinks the education your touting ain't all your trying to make it out to be. Nice try but I deal with to many of these "educated " idiots far to often to be impressed.

Nope, these are people who analyze genetic anomalies and use equations and algorithms to fairly accurately predict everything from milk production to color. I can look through several generations of both does and bucks and pair breedings using AI that can produce genetically superior offspring. A layman rancher could take a look at a buck and place him with a herd of does and hope that the offspring will be better than the previous generation, but it's not all that accurate. In addition, breeding certain animals can create fatal syndromes and by using genetic testing you can prevent it from happening and wasting a perfectly good breeding.

I dealt with artificial insemination for years and saw herds go from mediocre to winning national championships in the span of a few generations due to educated people studying genetics and surpassing the people who did it the 'old fashioned way'. So yeah, I do trust in those educated idiots because I've seen it first hand.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 PM

839 posts, read 2,417,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well this city slicker liberal can still shoot at least 2.5 MOA at 800 meters with a stock Remington 700 chambered in .308 and has absolutely no problem hitting center mass with a G27 at 25 yards. Now while it is true that I don't presently own any scoped rifles, procuring one when need isn't all that difficult. I would further note that amongst my friends and acquaintances, 2 former special forces, a hand full of Marines and a squad of Army veterans from Vietnam to Afghanistan (liberals all), there are quite a few who are far better at war craft than I. So please do not make the same mistake that the confederacy made in 1860 or on the other hand, please do.

PS- There is a huge difference between Billy Bob deer poacher and folks who have been there and back.
I have found it amusing that so many "conservatives" automatically assume all "liberals" are gun hating pacifists.....

Sometimes perhaps, but I happen to know a lot of democrats, even liberal ones who are active shooters. Liberal ideology and gun ownership are not mutually exclusive....

Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Guns are great, but rednecks can be outsmarted. Maybe as easy as outsmarting a hamster. Spread rumors. Rednecks ask no questions.
All ya gotta do is tell some: Ya know that feller living on the road down yonder? Well. I done seen him at a commie meeting.
Then watch the rednecks go after each other
Lmao....hardly that simple. See, we tend to know each other well out here. Commies? Really? Its not Charlie Daniele in Uneasy Rider just cus we live out a ways. Fomenting distrust would be far easier amongst a pack of urbanites to whom knowing the neighbor two houses down is uncommon. Think ya got things backwards. _

Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Lmao....hardly that simple. See, we tend to know each other well out here. Commies? Really? Its not Charlie Daniele in Uneasy Rider just cus we live out a ways. Fomenting distrust would be far easier amongst a pack of urbanites to whom knowing the neighbor two houses down is uncommon. Think ya got things backwards. _

HA.

Most of the country folk I know may know each other, but they can't stand each other. They act cordial but the minute they have a chance to 'best' each other they will. There is also a LOT of gossip and trash talking amongst the ranchers I worked with.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,601 times
This thread tilts back and forth between "who is better at survival in the wild" and "I bet me and my friends could kill you and your friends."

Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Why is it petulant conservatives always like to shriek about how well they will fare when society collapses? Is it only a coincidence these same people regularly vote for people who are pushing this country towards that very collapse?

There is a reason they have hijacked the word "patriotism", they think it will shield them from their anti-American, secessionist tendencies.

You will know them by their deeds, not words.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:56 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, these are people who analyze genetic anomalies and use equations and algorithms to fairly accurately predict everything from milk production to color. I can look through several generations of both does and bucks and pair breedings using AI that can produce genetically superior offspring. A layman rancher could take a look at a buck and place him with a herd of does and hope that the offspring will be better than the previous generation, but it's not all that accurate. In addition, breeding certain animals can create fatal syndromes and by using genetic testing you can prevent it from happening and wasting a perfectly good breeding.

I dealt with artificial insemination for years and saw herds go from mediocre to winning national championships in the span of a few generations due to educated people studying genetics and surpassing the people who did it the 'old fashioned way'. So yeah, I do trust in those educated idiots because I've seen it first hand.
Keep trying. Still ain't swayed. The examples of educated ineptness I cited were not adressed. Lab work is fine and well...can't argue the benefits of it but where does genetic engineering fit in with the situations I gave you? What qualifies some bozo biologist to decide an area needs non native species introduced in the name of "natural control"? Where is the shining intellect behind such thinking? Besides....the "old fashioned" methods have the virtue of simplicity and don't require labs and computers. If a certain pairing or method be ineffective Mother Nature knows how to sort it out without us tryi.g to play her for a fool.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
When I referred to amenities I was talking more about things such as having a hospital or grocery store 5 minutes away or auto repair etc. Living way out as we do we tend to be better educated than some might think. We do all our own vet work and we also need to have a decent amount of paramedic ability as ambulance response to us could take a spell. We keep all our own equipment running ourselves and either raise or grow much of our own food. This is kinda what I meant by "amenities ".
An "amenity" is highly subjective. It is whatever someone finds to be desirable or agreeable. My idea of "amenities" include thousands of acres of virgin forest, great scenery, and lots of wildlife.

What a city critter calls an amenity is not likely going to be the same as what a redneck considers an amenity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies