Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Since when?

Well that would be because you do not live in Charlotte,you live 45 miles out of Charlotte itself.

Rutherfordton to Charlotte Airport is over 66 miles,just under 1 1/2 hours.

Since always. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlot...ropolitan_area In fact on the Charlotte forum, of which I've been a regular for years, newcomers to Charlotte are routinely advised to look around the Shelby/Kings Mountain area for housing.

I'm not sure where you get that I live 45 miles outside of Charlotte. I can see uptown from my neighborhood, which is about 10 minutes away (by car). The city of Charlotte picked up my trash and recycling just this morning.

Really, it has nothing to do w/this thread. I was simply pointing out to other posters that your assertion that you live in the middle of nowhere off the grid is completely ludicrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
City Slickers > Inbreeding Rednecks.
Bwahabaha.....inbreeding says the admitted city slicker.....welllllll last I checked we cowboy horse n cattle types had a fair knowledge of genetics gleaned through animal husbandry. Lmao we tend to shoot the wild horse stud every couple of years, kick a new one out along with a few fresh mares. Hell ...all the college degrees in the world ain't gonna keep a teller moving out here if you don't pour a little common sense and practical knowledge on top. Thus....maybe your greater on the blacktop...but how are ya when the road runs out?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Bwahabaha.....inbreeding says the admitted city slicker.....welllllll last I checked we cowboy horse n cattle types had a fair knowledge of genetics gleaned through animal husbandry. Lmao we tend to shoot the wild horse stud every couple of years, kick a new one out along with a few fresh mares. Hell ...all the college degrees in the world ain't gonna keep a teller moving out here if you don't pour a little common sense and practical knowledge on top. Thus....maybe your greater on the blacktop...but how are ya when the road runs out?

I was always surprised to find out how little the 'horse and cattle types' know about genetics... They usually called in 'city slickers' to figure out breeding patterns and then carried it out. Sure, their rudimentary knowledge of genetics and breeding could create a decent crop of livestock, but when it came right down to it, the more educated you are, the less health risks and better possibility of a genetically superior crop is going to be created.

Most of the bigger operations 'outsource' knowledge, then claim it was all their doing. Kinda BS if you ask me.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:47 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I missed your posting of the census data...all I read was your opinion and personal anecdotes.

Cite supporting your assertion?No....ah.

Yes.

Yes.

Difference is,those in more rural environs do not generally demand a nanny to provide for them.
Oh Really!

West Virgina 18.7% of the people rely of food stamps.

Maine 18.6% of the people rely on food stamps

Kentucky 18.8% of the people rely on food stamps.

New Mexico 19.8% of the people rely on food stamps.

Tennessee 19.8% of the people rely on food stamps.

Oregon 20.1% of the people rely on food stamps.

Outside of Nashville and Memphis in Tennessee, Louiseville in Kentucky, Portland in Oregon, Portland in Maine, and Alberquerque in New Mexico these states are heavily rural.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times
Of course there will be those in the city with guns and the ability to use them, however most of them will be using them to take your food and property by force. Go into Barnes & Noble, an Apple Store and a Trader Joe's and figure how many of these people would be able to fend for themselves if we were suddenly cut off from power and food supplies.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:59 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Of course there will be those in the city with guns and the ability to use them, however most of them will be using them to take your food and property by force. Go into Barnes & Noble, an Apple Store and a Trader Joe's and figure how many of these people would be able to fend for themselves if we were suddenly cut off from power and food supplies.

I think that's an inaccurate way to judge. I've met soooo many people who are involved with high end businesses and dress in suits and ties, shop at high end places etc. who grew up in the country or have extensive experience with firearms/livestock/plants etc. Hell, I'm 6'1 and covered in tattoos and most people would never guess that I was one of the top dairy goat showmen in my state for many years and participated in rodeo for many years.

On the other hand, I've met some really rich and successful people in sketchy, dirty dive bars and by just looking at them you would NEVER guess they had a 3 million dollar house on the beach and ran multiple successful companies.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:00 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
The rural areas have most of the meth labs. Therefore, the rural population will both be able to eat less and stay up longer searching for food.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:08 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I was always surprised to find out how little the 'horse and cattle types' know about genetics... They usually called in 'city slickers' to figure out breeding patterns and then carried it out. Sure, their rudimentary knowledge of genetics and breeding could create a decent crop of livestock, but when it came right down to it, the more educated you are, the less health risks and better possibility of a genetically superior crop is going to be created.

Most of the bigger operations 'outsource' knowledge, then claim it was all their doing. Kinda BS if you ask me.
Uh huh. This ain't no Cullpepper Cattle Company operation and I can't speak to the operations of such. Outsourcing breeding knowledge you says? This is the ticket to better animal husbandry? Hmmmm...could these be the same cretins that think management of a horse herd means removing the prime stock for sale and kicking the inbred middle heads back out? Yea....BLM college educated "biologists ". Same types that try to introduce predators to areas for "pest control".....predators like coyotes. Sheer brilliance. Methinks the education your touting ain't all your trying to make it out to be. Nice try but I deal with to many of these "educated " idiots far to often to be impressed.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When the sheet hits the fan, a country boy will survive!

How many city slickers own a scoped rifle?
How many own a pistol?

No wonder they want to take our guns away, mainly semi-auto long guns.
Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.
First of they can spell "their".
Secondly, you ASSUME everyone in the country is a conservative redneck, it is obvious you do not know those around you very well, that is if you even live in the country. Here in the country in my neck of the woods of Texas (don't let the handle fool ya, I am not in Dallas) there are plenty of what you would call liberals living out here and guess what buckaroo they all can shoot just fine. Assuming only makes one look foolish or didn't your momma teach ya that lesson.
Casper

Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a liberal. How well I can defend myself, my family and my friends is for me to know and my enemies to find out.
SOME righties always talk the BIG talk, we all know they are blowhards, otherwise they would have atempted to write that check their arse cannot cash long ago.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies