Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
They keep overplaying their hands. They don't seem to learn from this, and keep repeating. This is what happens when crazies run the show.
As opposed to a healthcare plan we cant pay for?
trying to buy corporate jets we dont need?
Starting a war on a 3rd front?
Bailouts that award millions in bonuses?
Billions in aid when we are borrowing the money?
How hard is it to understand.
Cut spending.
Do we need 13 carrier battle groups?
Do we need to get involved in Lybia?
Freeze salaries for all gov workers.
Down size our military and only use them for national defence.
before we ever talk tax increases we better be cutting the budget first.
Why do I believe we will see a magical spell cast that makes the 2 parties find a compromise just in time?
This is all about showboating by both sides.
As far as the polls go.
Who can trust them? Who can trust the media when they are pushing their own agendas?
I trust performance and history.
So far both parties are living up to expectations. Liars and excuse makers.
How can anyone believe a word either side is saying?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 PM

898 posts, read 829,814 times
Gee, when you ask a question like this of primarily dimocrats and then try to pass it off as a legit poll, well...

We know better but thanks for the propaganda.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,862,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

Americans are unimpressed with their political leaders' handling of the debt ceiling crisis, with a new CBS News poll showing a majority disapprove of all the involved parties' conduct, but Republicans in Congress fare the worst, with just 21 percent backing their intransigent resistance to raising taxes.

Others don't fare too well either
CBS polls the wellspring of truth....give me a large break.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 AM

383 posts, read 643,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
I personally think its both, but sure lets agree its spending.

Lets cut the military. Go back to Pre WWII levels when the Republicans Harding, Coolidge and Hoover thought that we should be out of the affairs of Europe and the rest of the world. Cut the silly military contracts, let soldiers get private sector jobs, close down the bases here and abroad (leave the ones in S. Korea since technically we are still at war) and bite the bullet.

I don't see Republicans supporting that conservative idea.
My son is currently serving in the Navy. And trust me he's not making a fortune.

My Husband works for the 2nd largest contractor in the US. They are called Northrop Grumman. If you cut all of these defense contractors, then how many people will be out of work? Now my Husband works and designs the Hunter program, which Obama loves.... soooo I'm holding my breath and hoping that they don't take any more from my kids pay. And my Husband still has a job next year.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,199,148 times
How many times was the debt ceiling raised under the Bush administration? 6? 7?

Why did the Repugs approve it then...and not now?

Why did that change with the Presidential change of color? Or was it just because the party changed... so screw Americans...now.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:48 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,709,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why did that change with the Presidential change of color? Or was it just because the party changed... so screw Americans...now.

I don't believe that it had to do with the change of color but I do believe it is because of the party change.

Additionally, the republicans have "woken" up after their 8 years of partying and decided to be responsible.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,687,201 times
For heaven's sake--the poll only surveyed 810 people. Why would you take that to represent what the whole country thinks? (I understand extrapolation, but that's going a little too far!)

Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,693,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't believe that it had to do with the change of color but I do believe it is because of the party change.

Additionally, the republicans have "woken" up after their 8 years of partying and decided to be responsible.
It's also a new batch of Republicans, many with Tea Party backing.
While it may be the same party, it's not the same people.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,806,460 times
Quote:
Approval ratings for GOP in Congress suck even worse.
Like I said it will come down to pulling for the 'lesser evil' again, and since GOP has turned out to be the greater evil, they might have a tough time in 2012.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,806,460 times
Quote:
They keep overplaying their hands. They don't seem to learn from this, and keep repeating. This is what happens when crazies run the show.
True. They were offered a good deal, but they wanted it all, and may end up getting nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies