Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,626,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Additionally, the republicans have "woken" up after their 8 years of partying and decided to be responsible.
lol...

The GOP want's the USA credit card back. Period. The latest plan to allow the President to arbitrarily approve of the debt ceiling himself, while relieving them of their duty, falls right in line with an all out effort to win back the Presidency and consolidate more power in the Executive Branch.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,186,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't believe that it had to do with the change of color but I do believe it is because of the party change.

Additionally, the republicans have "woken" up after their 8 years of partying and decided to be responsible.
You'd be a great spokesperson for the wiggle out of it Repugs!

Good to see someone admit how IRresponsible the Repugs were during the Bush administration!!!

The debt Ceiling:
THEY WERE FOR IT BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT BUT THAT'S OK FOR FLIP FLOPPING REPUGS!

Oh, you missed part of my quote:

How many times was the debt ceiling raised under the Bush administration? 6? 7?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,636,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Good to see someone admit how IRresponsible the Repugs were during the Bush administration!!!

The debt Ceiling:
THEY WERE FOR IT BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT BUT THAT'S OK FOR FLIP FLOPPING REPUGS!

Didn't the Dems have control the last few years of the Bush administration ?

Why do you think it's ONLY the Republicans that spend money we don't have ? You find no fault with the Democrats ?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
The poll is a complete sham and worthless. Only 25% of those polled were Republicans. What a laugh.
Majority were independents. Is that a bad thing? Do you really want to see a poll where only Republicans or Dems answer questions? What good would it be?

73% of independents disapproved and 17% approve the way GOP is handling the issue, and that should be a HUGE red flag for GOP.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans in Congress are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?

Answer.... Total Rep Dem Ind
=======================
Approve .....21...42.. 11 ..17
Disapprove .71 ..51.. 82.. 73

Old 07-19-2011, 06:30 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,049,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Majority were independents. Is that a bad thing? Do you really want to see a poll where only Republicans or Dems answer questions? What good would it be?

73% of independents disapproved and 17% approve the way GOP is handling the issue, and that should be a HUGE red flag for GOP.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans in Congress are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?

Answer.... Total Rep Dem Ind
=======================
Approve .....21...42.. 11 ..17
Disapprove .71 ..51.. 82.. 73
Did the poll include if they approved or disapproved of the way Democrats in Congress were handling the negotiations on the debt ceiling? I would be willing to bet the Democrats do not get better marks on this. I see it as a frustration with everyone involved. 2012 is going to end up with which choice is the lesser of the two evils in the opinion of a lot of Americans.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,890,584 times
The GOP still absent ideas offer C,C&B to try to get their followers to think it's not true. They know, none of them will look at the proposal.

Wonkbook: The Cut, Cap and Balance distraction - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,186,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

The debt Ceiling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Didn't the Dems have control the last few years of the Bush administration ?

Why do you think it's ONLY the Republicans that spend money we don't have ? You find no fault with the Democrats ?
There, I posted the post of mine you quoted so you could try addressing THAT post....hope it helps.

I find fault with Democrats when they're at fault....Repugs claim Republicans never make mistakes which is stupid.....

Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did the poll include if they approved or disapproved of the way Democrats in Congress were handling the negotiations on the debt ceiling? I would be willing to bet the Democrats do not get better marks on this. I see it as a frustration with everyone involved. 2012 is going to end up with which choice is the lesser of the two evils in the opinion of a lot of Americans.
Actually it did include the Dems, not a great number, but 31 is good bit better than 21.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,636,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...

The GOP want's the USA credit card back. Period. The latest plan to allow the President to arbitrarily approve of the debt ceiling himself, while relieving them of their duty, falls right in line with an all out effort to win back the Presidency and consolidate more power in the Executive Branch.
And that was presented by Reid..a Dem in the Senate.
Reid wants to hand raising the debt ceiling to the President and has no cuts in his plan.
How are you equating that to Republicans ?

Old 07-19-2011, 07:17 AM

An opinion from one of the few Conservatives left.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/op...ef=todayspaper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies