Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
Proably, did it ever occur to you that she is a mother herself and prides herself on being that so naturally she would gravitate torwards children.
On the flip side you have Michelle Bachman who wants to abolish the Board of Education. Now you tell me which is more damaging to their future? As far as the "gay perversion" issue, if parents would teach their kids at home about sexuality and other "taboo" subjects and not rely on the school system as the child grows into maturity they can make up thier own minds as to what they feel is right or wrong.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Proably, did it ever occur to you that she is a mother herself and prides herself on being that so naturally she would gravitate torwards children.
On the flip side you have Michelle Bachman who wants to abolish the Board of Education. Now you tell me which is more damaging to their future? As far as the "gay perversion" issue, if parents would teach their kids at home about sexuality and other "taboo" subjects and not rely on the school system as the child grows into maturity they can make up thier own minds as to what they feel is right or wrong.
Then the exlicative should mind her own children and leave others alone.
If she were not the First Lady, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but since she is, keep her propoganda away from our children or can't she deal with other adults?
Although I agree on very little with Michelle Bachmann, I do agree we need to de-federalize education which has been a monumental failure and delegate this responsibility back down to the state and local levels.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Yup, thats me.

Keep that sleazeball away from my kids, quit using childrens media as a platform for political propoganda.
This "expicative" is preaching nutrition on disney while armed federal agents are busting down the doors of business dealing in (drum roll) raw foods!
The First Lady is not a sleezeball.

What is an 'expicative'?

Nutrition is political propoganda?!?!

Exercise your right to use the 'off' button on your remote, if you DARE!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
OK, what is an 'exlicative'?

Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Everyone has a role on this planet. If one of my roles is to make sure you keep your male/male sexual perversion away from the children, then I will wear that banner proudly. And I can assure you it will be persistent and consistent.
Could ya work on keeping those STRAIGHT christian priests away from the alter boys?????

Oh, BTW, have you ever heard of lesbians???

Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The First Lady is not a sleezeball.

What is an 'expicative'?

Nutrition is political propoganda?!?!

Exercise your right to use the 'off' button on your remote, if you DARE!

Absolutlely and if you don't realize this, you exemplify what is wrong with our educational system.

And yes, most politicians are sleazeballs of which the Obama's are some of the worst. Explicative sounds much nicer than the words I'd like to use for politicians who lack respect for parents and seek to circumvent parental authority and address children directly.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
If she were not the First Lady, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but since she is, keep her propoganda away from our children or can't she deal with other adults?
Laura Bush had reading initiatives aimed at children.

Nancy Reagan had the Just Say No campaign.

I don't think promoting eating well and getting exercise to kids makes her the devil.

There are real things to be upset about with this administration if you are so inclined. Harping on stuff like this just seems extreme to me.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Disgust is not learned behavior.
This is correct.

Disgust is likely an evolved innate reaction.

What is a child's reaction to two adults kissing? "Ewww...gross"
What is the typical adult's reaction to the child's reaction to two adults kissing. "Sometimes mommy and daddy kiss each other because they love each other".

Children learn to override their disgust reaction.

Of course, you can just as easily tell the children, "sometimes two people kiss each other because they love each other"

Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
You think that's bad, you should see how religion targets kids. Now that's some dastardly stuff.
Do they do it in schools?
Yes.

"One nation, under god"

Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Laura Bush had reading initiatives aimed at children.

Nancy Reagan had the Just Say No campaign.

I don't think promoting eating well and getting exercise to kids makes her the devil.

There are real things to be upset about with this administration if you are so inclined. Harping on stuff like this just seems extreme to me.
It is while her husband sits on an administration that is playing with dismantling the organic and raw food industry.

My problem is also with her medium addressing children directly which bypasses parental authority and reinforces the idea of children being wards of the state.

Yes, Bush, Bush and Reagan did support issues related to children but did they directly address children or work cooperatively through parents to disseminate their message?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies