Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, for all you repubs who long for the way things were in the '50s...THAT IS the way it was. It DID 'take a village...'. Pre-'70s, any grown-up felt free to keep a child in line if the parents weren't around, such as when the kids were playing outside or in a park, etc..., and the kids generally listened to and had respect for said grown-up.

Today, not only would the 'grown-up' get an earful once the parents found out that someone actually had the NERVE to discipline their child, the person would probably be looked upon as a lurking pervert.

Are repubs bi-polar, or something?
Want to eat their cake and have it, too?

They long for a time gone by, but apparently don't really like how it was then. But, I suppose it is only offensive if a democrat writes something like that. Imagine if Sara Palin wrote that book....oh, boy, she would be mother of the decade, espousing all those republican family/neighborhood values!

LOL - not
Give me a break.
You accuse the right of romanticizing the 50's while you romanticize the 70's.

Sarah Palin did write a book and made a movie.
She is still an idiot.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
uh huh. Parochial.

Those aren't public schools, are they? You don't have a clue why we are bothered by the fact that the lefties go into public schools and try to brainwash our kids?
Sweetheart, when I go into a school, it's to shelve books in the library, supervise recess, or act as a crossing guard, not to indoctrinate the kids to my belief system.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Children and military personnel are the only people the left can punish for openly disagreeing with liberal ideology which is obviously based on flawed logic. As soon a kid learns where babies come from, he or she also officially becomes a homophobe thought criminal because they understand nature's design is based on vaginal intercourse leading to conception and birth. Two guys pounding each other's rectums has nothing to do with nature's design, and this is obvious even to a child. The gay task force has concluded their only chance of selling homosexuality as normal is to get to young minds before the birds and bees are fully addressed.
You left out the large corporate office environment where the LGBT community has a firm grip on corporate diversity training. So employees by the millions must at least feign acceptance today if they want to be viewed as "on-board" with the company program.

Great post, by the way....the sickening truth.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The Left is not as efficient as the Right in corrupting America's youth.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Why thank you for the diagnosis.

I guess the government didn't indoctrinate me well einough during my school years and I still have original thoughts floating around in my head. Should I call the thought police and turn myself in or will my paranoia and homophobia in itself be enough to alert the authorities to my condition?
Pleased to meet you....as meeting such a person is becoming a more unique experience by the day.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You left out the large corporate office environment where the LGBT community has a firm grip on corporate diversity training. So employees by the millions must at least feign acceptance today if they want to be viewed as "on-board" with the company program.

Great post, by the way....the sickening truth.
It is in a corporation's best interest to protect its assets, which include employees.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Sweetheart, when I go into a school, it's to shelve books in the library, supervise recess, or act as a crossing guard, not to indoctrinate the kids to my belief system.
You apparently aren't a gay activist trying to indoctrinate.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You apparently aren't a gay activist trying to indoctrinate.
No, but I am a self-described liberal, and it would appear that some of you think that makes me some sort of public danger -- a label this relatively mild-mannered, forty-something, suburban mother finds absolutely hilarious, btw!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
The bottom line is that public schools should be teaching the fundamentals of learning (the Three R's) not about sexual choices of people. Leave that to the parents but then that makes this the whole circular argument again and the main topic of this thread. The left feels it is important to inflict their belief system in public schools whereas the right would prefer to keep it private.

More than likely this is why you are seeing a rise in home schooling, to get kids away from the indoctrination.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The bottom line is that public schools should be teaching the fundamentals of learning (the Three R's) not about sexual choices of people. Leave that to the parents but then that makes this the whole circular argument again and the main topic of this thread. The left feels it is important to inflict their belief system in public schools whereas the right would prefer to keep it private.

More than likely this is why you are seeing a rise in home schooling, to get kids away from the indoctrination.
No, we do not think it is important to inflict our belief system in public schools. I told you already, when this leftie goes to school, it's to shelve books, not talk to the children about what I'll be wearing to my brother's gay wedding.

Can you give me an example of something specific happening in your school regarding this issue? A book...a health unit...anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies