Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Thanks for the definition of "agenda" , but I prefer Merriam Webster myself.

Of course it was not a serious question as there is no "Gay Agenda". Thanks for the link, that's a cool blog.

Please give me reputable links to show "gay activists trying to impose their value system on OPC". Or are you talking about teaching little homophobes-in-training not to beat up on kids with 2 moms or 2 dads?
I certainly understand the concept of one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and Harvey Milk may be your hero, but the man is controversial enough for I believe reasonable people to agree he is not an appropriate figure to celebrate by public schools.

That is one simple example to satisfy your request.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:51 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I will tell him not to act on his urges as it is improper behavior. The same thing I would tell him if he said he wanted to walk up to a girl and do something improper to her.
Do you know how many gay kids commit suicide because they have parents that are like you? I think its sad that people like you care more about their reputation than the well-being of their kids.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:51 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Perhaps now would be a good time to tell you that the food pyramid is no longer recommended. MyPlate has replaced it, and I think it is a vast improvement.

USDA's MyPlate - Home page
Heck if more parents would even go by the OLD food pyramid that would be a huge improvement. Did you see Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution where that mother made her young son deep fried chocolate covered donuts for breakfast every morning? Is it so bad if parents like this get a nudge that perhaps there are better foods their kids could be eating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Whatever consenting adults do is one thing.
Indoctrinating children under the guise of education is another.
So throw your insults, slander and reverse logic all you want but it does not change the fact that you represent an aggressive minority using the state to indoctrinate children to the idea that your perversion is mainstream, normal and a healthy family friendly lifestyle.
jwm I see exactly where you are coming from and as a liberal I understand, believe me.

I also do not care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. I do not care to see open displays of a sexual nature of any kind out in public. Holding hands, peck on the cheek, fine. French kissing no. Doesn't matter if boy-girl, boy-boy or girl-girl. Take it to your bedroom.

I do not think that homosexuality is evil, that it is catching, that "normal" children can be indoctrinated. I have many good friends who are homosexuals and it is not a matter of choice for them, it is what they are. I also have no problem with them entering into legal unions if they feel for their partners what heterosexuals do. And I also have little problem with seeing two people of the same gender raising children. Heaven knows there are enough opposite sex parents who stink at it, and plenty of single parents.

But what I do have a problem with is things making a point of reading stories like "King and King" in elementary schools. I do not think we need to spell out to little kids who are nowhere near emotional or sexual maturity that same sex couples are normal. As a matter of fact I don't think they need anything spelled out that has to do with sex. Yes I get that if you are a little kid yourself being raised by a same sex couple, that other little kids are going to look at you funny since you do not have a mommy and a daddy. I just don't think this is the school's job.

And frankly, if a parent wishes to raise their child to think that homosexuality is evil, even though I find that standpoint despicable I think those parents also have a right to raise their children with their bigoted value system. Kids do eventually grow up and many discard the baggage given to them by their parents.

The schools need to get back to basic skills like reading comprehension and simple arithmatic and math. Once they have that under control maybe they can think about solving any and all of society's problems </sarcasm>

Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Do you really not understand the difference between voluntary participation and state sponsored coecion? Or do you choose to ignore it because your violent agenda (yes, coercion is a form of violence) to push deviant sexual behavior onto children via state institutions which infringes upon the rights and liberties of the individual runs counter to it?

Tolerance?
Its not voluntary. The kids have to go because their parents think its important to brainwash them. Oh God Forbid, their kids won't believe Jesus.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I will tell him not to act on his urges as it is improper behavior. The same thing I would tell him if he said he wanted to walk up to a girl and do something improper to her.
Why is it improper behavior, and what do you expect him to do about it? Be celibate for the rest of his life? Would you capable of that demand?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Kruschev said back in the 50's that Communism will take over America without spilling a drop of blood. He said they'd do it through our youth... SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Do you know how many gay kids commit suicide because they have parents that are like you? I think its sad that people like you care more about their reputation than the well-being of their kids.
What a worn out argument.

I'm not responsible for any gay suicides and your ridiculous attempts at slandering people who disagree with you is as morally bankrupt as it is intelectually bankrupt.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Its not voluntary. The kids have to go because their parents think its important to brainwash them. Oh God Forbid, their kids won't believe Jesus.
Is that what happened in the thirties in your country? Oh, that's right, it wasn't Jesus they were forced to pray to, it was Hitler.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Whatever consenting adults do is one thing.
Indoctrinating children under the guise of education is another.
So throw your insults, slander and reverse logic all you want but it does not change the fact that you represent an aggressive minority using the state to indoctrinate children to the idea that your perversion is mainstream, normal and a healthy family friendly lifestyle.
You can stop calling it a perversion now, because you just sound ridiculous and hateful.

You conservative religious folks really need to educate children better, seeing as the Bible belt has the highest rates of teen pregnancy.

If your moral compass is so strong, why are the most immoral parts of this country in the Bible belt south?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
What is the point you are trying to make posting this link? The Harvey Milk Day proposal did not pass. So what? Did you notice the featured story on the front page; Stop Bullying In Our Schools? Ooh, scary gay agenda. The cheek of it, suggesting bullying is unacceptable . Fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies