Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 AM

698 posts, read 234,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Really, so that 2 + 2 equation has changed how many times over the course of years?
That hasn't changed, I agree. But how bout those nasty lib union teachers teaching evolution in school?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Do you really not understand the difference between voluntary participation and state sponsored coecion? Or do you choose to ignore it because your violent agenda (yes, coercion is a form of violence) to push deviant sexual behavior onto children via state institutions which infringes upon the rights and liberties of the individual runs counter to it?

Tolerance?
Who do you think signs these children up for camp? Who do you think pays for it and brings them there and picks them up?

I didn't say that I am for putting an agenda on anyone else's children. I am not denying that the Left does it. My only point is that both Left and Right people do it. And people in the Center. Everyone does it. Most people stick to their own children. The more extremist members of any ideology try to indoctrinate other people's children as well. Some deny it's indoctrination, whereas others are shameless and admit right out that's what they're doing. But it's hardly a phenomenon specific to the American Left. It's common to all of humanity.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Is that a serious question or do you really not know what an agenda is? Although to not understand what an agenda is to me seems monumentally stupid, I'll take you at face value and assume you are being honest about your ignorance and not provocative.

a·gen·da

   /[SIZE=3]əˈdʒɛndə[/SIZE]/ Show Spelled[uh-jen-duh] Show IPA
noun, formally a plural of agendum, but usually used as a singular with plural -das or -da. a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc.: The chairman says we have a lengthy agenda this afternoon.

~ dictonary.com

Quite Frankly if you check the link you'll find a gay agenda laid out which I don't really have a problem with - my problem comes in gay activists attempting to impose their value system upon OPC (other peoples children) via governmental institutions where attendance is in many instances required. This smacks of a police state and thought police to me.
Thanks for the definition of "agenda" , but I prefer Merriam Webster myself.

Of course it was not a serious question as there is no "Gay Agenda". Thanks for the link, that's a cool blog.

Please give me reputable links to show "gay activists trying to impose their value system on OPC". Or are you talking about teaching little homophobes-in-training not to beat up on kids with 2 moms or 2 dads?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Why does this read as "Liberal families can't be strong families?"
Maybe you inference tells you a lot about your true feelings then.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Most children aren't homophobic until it's been taught to them by the adults around them that gay is wrong. In other words, "two guys pounding each other's rectums" being wrong...is not obvious to a child.

Disgust is not learned behavior.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Perhaps now would be a good time to tell you that the food pyramid is no longer recommended. MyPlate has replaced it, and I think it is a vast improvement.

USDA's MyPlate - Home page
And they are still recommending too many carbohydrates and providing people misinformation.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM

698 posts, read 234,895 times
I have gay family members who I love just as much after they come out as before. I dont know if they can be gay and go to heaven, fortunately for me it aint my job to judge. I know if I suddenly decided to be gay, which I dont really think I can, that would be a sin for me. I see no upside to raising children to have a lower opinion of people who are gay. If gay adults want to get married what possible buisness of that is mine?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Disgust is not learned behavior.
Disgust towards homosexuality in particular is learned. Most children are neutral towards most abstract concepts. To a child homosexuality is a pretty abstract concept--they are not envisioning anal sex when they think homosexuality, contrary to how some posters described homosexuality in this very thread (ETA: I just realized that was your post.)

Quote:
Two guys pounding each other's rectums
I'm gay myself and I find that imagery pretty repulsive. Yes, if that's the only idea your child has of homosexuality, they will be disgusted. That depiction of homosexuality gives it a violent slant. I'm pretty sure they would be equally disgusted by "a man pounding his penis into a woman's vagina" too. However if you describe homosexuality as "two men or women in love just like mommy and daddy love each other" I doubt they would have the same automatic reaction of disgust.

Quote:
vaginal intercourse leading to conception and birth
This is a relatively neutral, albeit slightly graphic, depiction of heterosexuality. I wouldn't be surprised if a child was slightly disgusted at the mention of "vaginal intercourse" but I am pretty sure that a child wouldn't be disgusted by "a man and woman in love."

Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Whatever consenting adults do is one thing.
Indoctrinating children under the guise of education is another.
So throw your insults, slander and reverse logic all you want but it does not change the fact that you represent an aggressive minority using the state to indoctrinate children to the idea that your perversion is mainstream, normal and a healthy family friendly lifestyle.
Again, if your values are sound, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are at all successful as a parent, then your children are in no danger of being "indoctrinated".

And after reading numerous posts by you on this particular subject, it is my opinion that you are a bigot, just as it is your opinion that being gay is a perversion. I am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

Because I am tolerant of one group, that does not mean I have to be tolerant of your group. I am not accepting across the board. When it comes to homophobic Chicken Littles, I am just as bigoted as you.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
First of all, thanks for the civil discourse in your post.

I think there is a large amount of misinformation when it comes to children's health, most of it from the government. The food pyramid is largely wrong in the fact that it promotes far too many carbohydrates for people and especially kids in general. We have processed sugars in everything we eat and so much of this is due to government regulations (see the other thread on the woman whose natural ice-cream is being regulated by the feds). People can say they are educated, but they are not. Recent studies conducted at the Univ of CT have shown that diets high in fat do not increase heart disease and in fact people on these diets lost weight simply by eliminating or reducing carbs. The government is certainly the one providing bad information here.

As far as kids and sex, how much of what kids see today on TV or in mainstream society revolves around sex? And if a parent or a group of parents were to step forward to say anything about this, they are considered prudes or censors or bigots? I don't think it is a leftist plot by any stretch but it has been shown that kids from stronger families are less likely to be promiscuous or having sex or even using drugs.
Turn off the TV and cook meals for your children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies