Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I wasn't even talking to you. And what does that have to do with the thread? Do you jerk off because people (NOT YOU) fought in WWII? You didn't, so don't act like you are a tough guy.
Excuse me?
Your the one who started using profanity.

And to use your logic, how did you suffer in WWII?
Is your family the first or only family to suffer?
Because a member of your family suffered it gives you a right to act like a jerk?

I don't think so.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
What I see is Repugs doing the happy dance everytime a firefighter, teacher, postal worker, highway maintenence worker, etc. lose their jobs....these people are parents who have children to support but Repugnants don't care, they're just happy the parents lost their jobs...

Children need support with homes, heat, food, clothes, ...Repugs LOVE to see the source of these necessitities dry up and the children suffer....I think that's much worse than any Michelle says.
If ya don't like what she says shut your damn TV off and take your kids outside and play, travel, go fishing, teach them to do something besides WHINE!...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why isn't it ok to be gay or bisexual? Let me guess, your terrible understanding of the English Bible told you it's wrong?

The only reason being gay/bisexual is difficult is due to the way society treats them, as so evident by the bigoted conservatives in his thread. It's people like you, momonkey, the OP, Aeroguy etc. who make it miserable to grow up gay in this country.
Nope, I came up with that decision all on my own. Unlike most of the left that has the government tell them what to do, I am capable of making my own decisions.

And who are you to tell me what I teach my children about what is right and wrong? Isn't that what this whole discussion is about? I can teach my children to be tolerant of them but that the behavior is wrong. Even when they are teaching "alternative lifestyles" in the schools these days, I tell them we don't believe in that behavior.

Lets just keep dropping our standards until we have none anymore and full anarchy takes over.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Yes.

They do.

But it's not a contrived plan to indoctrinate.

They just really feel that the things that they say are important for children to hear.

I just don't understand why they feel it is okay to help an 11 year old get an abortion, but a school cannot give a 17 year old an aspirin.

That is why liberalism is looked at as a mental disease.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What I see is Repugs doing the happy dance everytime a firefighter, teacher, postal worker, highway maintenence worker, etc. lose their jobs....these people are parents who have children to support but Repugnants don't care, they're just happy the parents lost their jobs...

Children need support with homes, heat, food, clothes, ...Repugs LOVE to see the source of these necessitities dry up and the children suffer....I think that's much worse than any Michelle says.
If ya don't like what she says shut your damn TV off and take your kids outside and play, travel, go fishing, teach them to do something besides WHINE!...
I don't think Republicans literally revel in the idea of limited resources and struggling families but I do think that many Republicans in favor of eliminating social security and other societal safety nets don't realize the full implications of their opinions.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Thanks for bringing this back towards topic.

I don't think either party as a group rejoices at anothers misfortune although there are probably sick individuals in both parties who do.

My point is I would just like to see politicians put on a leash. I think they see children as the future and key to staying in power and both parties thank you very much have failed the American people.

PS: Why shouldn't I post my concerns here, which you call whining? It's a forum isn't it? Isn't it here where you air things to see if they resonate?

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Excuse me?
Your the one who started using profanity.

And to use your logic, how did you suffer in WWII?
Is your family the first or only family to suffer?
Because a member of your family suffered it gives you a right to act like a jerk?

I don't think so.
SourD follows me in every thread and mentions Hitler because I live in Germany. So everytime he doesn't like my opinion on a topic, he says things like "did you forget that your people prayed to Hitler?". Told him many times that I am an immigrant and not a real German. Apart from that, I find it extremely offensive to the current german population to bring up Hitler. As if these people are in any way responsible for what happened back then. Do I mention slavery?

So yeah, that is the background story.

2,957 posts, read 8,378,962 times
Homosexuality is just plain disgusting. I don't have a problem with people doing a little experimenting in college, but when you try to make a lifestyle out of it, that's where it crosses the line.

Gay sex is one thing, but gay relationships?! No. And I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god, so I don't have some religious moral objection to it. It just goes against the laws of nature. We were put here, or evolved or whatever, to reproduce. The act of 2 men being intimate with each other just plain makes me nauseous.

The fact that schools are trying to ram this BS down our children's throats is unconscionable. This is Still the United States, and we have rights, the right to be intolerant of whatever the hell we please. Don't you DARE tell my child that she MUST be tolerant of something that disgusts, offends or otherwise pisses her off. That's her right.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Hand your children over to the politicians if you want.
I think most politicians are scumbags and wouldn't want them near my home or my children and consider the Obama's some of the worst of the lot.

The responsed to this post post have hardened not softened my position.
So I guess I'm just a drama-queen!
A government cannot raise children, no matter what their ideology. The reason for that is the process of raising a child is highly individualized and speaking on the most practical level, a government is not capable of tailoring their policies to every single child.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I'm polish and my grandfather was tortured by the Nazis. You are a ****ing moron.
Nice attack. Reported. I don't care what you are, you live in the country I was talking about. Just like you like to bash America for just about everything, you should wise up. You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for the US. Is there any other group you'd like to throw insults at such as Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies