Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I just don't understand why they feel it is okay to help an 11 year old get an abortion, but a school cannot give a 17 year old an aspirin.

That is why liberalism is looked at as a mental disease.
Not true, but gets repeated so often that people think it is true.

Schools cannot give any OTC medication to a child without parental consent.

Quote:
Beyond that, the law does not address the use of over-the-counter medication. The statutes leave that decision up to local school districts. We set out to check each one to learn if Oelrich's claim is true.

We tracked down policies for 62 of 67 counties. Most were available online.

It took time to be sure, but Oelrich is right. Every district requires parental consent for non-prescription medication, sometimes in writing and sometimes by phone.
http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...nt-give-aspir/

The link is worth reading, as there is actually potential for harm to some children. Aspirin is not as harmless as you might think.

At any rate, did I understand correctly that some of the right wingers are upset that the schools can't give your kids OTC drugs without your consent?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
This is exploitation of children by the anti-gay crusaders from the "right".

Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: NOM exploiting children to stop gay marriage in New York

Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Homosexuality is just plain disgusting. I don't have a problem with people doing a little experimenting in college, but when you try to make a lifestyle out of it, that's where it crosses the line.

Gay sex is one thing, but gay relationships?! No. And I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god, so I don't have some religious moral objection to it. It just goes against the laws of nature. We were put here, or evolved or whatever, to reproduce. The act of 2 men being intimate with each other just plain makes me nauseous.

The fact that schools are trying to ram this BS down our children's throats is unconscionable. This is Still the United States, and we have rights, the right to be intolerant of whatever the hell we please. Don't you DARE tell my child that she MUST be tolerant of something that disgusts, offends or otherwise pisses her off. That's her right.
Your personal disgust for homosexuality does not equate with "going against the laws of nature." I understand you might personally find the idea of gay sex repulsive, but nature is diverse. People's likes and inclinations run the gamut.

To give you some perspective, as a lesbian, I find both heterosexual sex and gay male sex to be repulsive. Even the thought of either makes me nauseous. But it goes without saying that neither heterosexual nor gay male sex go against nature since both occur regularly in nature and since the former leads directly to procreation and the latter aids indirectly in procreation via socialization and increase in clutch size (number of eggs per "batch") in many species--which itself leads to procreation.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Gay sex is one thing, but gay relationships?! No. And I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god, so I don't have some religious moral objection to it. It just goes against the laws of nature. We were put here, or evolved or whatever, to reproduce. The act of 2 men being intimate with each other just plain makes me nauseous.
I know plenty of people who have had vasectomies, tubal ligations, or are past menopause and are therefore not able to reproduce. I'm pretty sure at least some of them have sex, even though it cannot result in reproduction.

Do you find the act of two infertile people being intimate with each other, or two people being intimate in ways that do not leave to conception, nauseating?

And why should any of us care about judgments arising out of your personal tastes?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is just plain disgusting. I don't have a problem with people doing a little experimenting in college, but when you try to make a lifestyle out of it, that's where it crosses the line.

The fact that schools are trying to ram this BS down our children's throats is unconscionable. This is Still the United States, and we have rights, the right to be intolerant of whatever the hell we please. Don't you DARE tell my child that she MUST be tolerant of something that disgusts, offends or otherwise pisses her off. That's her right.
Uninformed atheists make me a sad panda. Keep studying, buddy

Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This is exploitation of children by the anti-gay crusaders from the "right".

Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: NOM exploiting children to stop gay marriage in New York
I just scanned the link you posted, didn't read in detail and although it looks as if this organization, The National Organization for Marriage is using dis-honest tactics I don't understand where they are exploiting children.

I'm not saying they are not, just didn't see where they are.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:

What about two hot girls being in love with each other?

The only reason your kid is disgusting is because you raised your kid to be disgusted.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nice attack. Reported. I don't care what you are, you live in the country I was talking about. Just like you like to bash America for just about everything, you should wise up. You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for the US. Is there any other group you'd like to throw insults at such as Christians?
Its you that bashes America on a daily basis. Your complete ignorance on my family shows me what kind of person you truely are. Don't respond to me ever again.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What about two hot girls being in love with each other?

The only reason your kid is disgusting is because you raised your kid to be disgusted.
Oops, Freudian slip.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Oops, Freudian slip.
LOL, that was obviously not my intention. Can't wait for the first person to be offended by that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies