Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
blah blah blah
Sorry Neuling, I don't care what you have to say. You have an ulterior motive to which you have clarified for all. So anything you say will be tainted by your desire to use such to promote your ideal.

Now if you want to discuss the science here, by all means, but I really could care less about your subjective view on the issue as we know what it will be driven by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
What work do I need to do for you? Repeat the link, already provided multiple times in this thread? Here you go. Since I know it's hard, I also put in the starting dates for you. Daily Arctic Sea Ice Maps

Now, after you look at the first page, you'll want to put in the next month in the search field, for both years. Compare them with your own eyes.

Now stop being ridiculous.
It doesn't prove anything.

What I expected is for you to provide the examples of your relations. Then use JAXA to show your growth trends to support your position of a later growth cycle.

I would also hope that you would provide the ocean data to support the temps as evidence in conjunction with the growth slowing.

Another aspect would be for you to account for soot dispersion to which has been known to create an increase in melt as well as providing wind pattern effects on the ice in conjunction with your data.

Not simply pointing to the pictures were we "eyeball" some type of conclusion that you have done nothing to validate.

I am not arguing the concept of warmer oceans and melt mind you, but you using them as evidence to your position and conclusion of a predicted continued progression of melt to an ice less arctic is not properly supported.

So try doing some actual work on your argument rather than vaguely mentioning something and expecting me to simply gobble it down as if it were true.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:21 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
You picked winter ice data; you would need a lot of warming to make it warm enough in the Arctic to melt sea ice in the winter. If you posted summer pictures the result would be quite different.

But you GW skeptics like to be deliberately misleading, right?
Excuse me, but if GW was actually as bad as the Al Gore legions say we should be seeing a constant decrease of the ice cap year after year.

So what you are saying is every year the ice cap gets replenished at least to the previous years cover...

Hmmmmmmmm

You make no sense...

Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Sorry Neuling, I don't care what you have to say. You have an ulterior motive to which you have clarified for all. So anything you say will be tainted by your desire to use such to promote your ideal.

Now if you want to discuss the science here, by all means, but I really could care less about your subjective view on the issue as we know what it will be driven by.
Fine with me, there are bright people around here who do care...

Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,406 times
Quote:
It doesn't prove anything.

What I expected is for you to provide the examples of your relations. Then use JAXA to show your growth trends to support your position of a later growth cycle.
Sigh. If you want me to post that graph again, I'll post it. It shows the same thing as the pictures. Here you go. IJIS Web Site

Quote:
I would also hope that you would provide the ocean data to support the temps as evidence in conjunction with the growth slowing.
I'll even use your favorite website to provide that evidence:
GISS Deletes Arctic And Southern Ocean Sea Surface Temperature Data | Watts Up With That?

Quote:
I am not arguing the concept of warmer oceans and melt mind you, but you using them as evidence to your position and conclusion of a predicted continued progression of melt to an ice less arctic is not properly supported.
Yes, you are arguing the concept of warmer oceans and melt. And I'm not sure what YOUR conclusion is about MY position. My position is simply one of scientific evidence. Yours seems to be one of denying its validity. Now I'm done with this petty argument. Sorry your own links proved you wrong. If you want to try with new ones, I'm sure we can prove you wrong again.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Can anyone tell me what global warming doesn't cause?

Global Warming Causes Mental Illness, Cancer | Judicial Watch

Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Why are you using August numbers? That is not the minimum extent each year. Mid to late September is, so I find your selection of dates a bit baffling.

And what is it that you disproved?

That the maximum extent each year is followed by a minimum extent?
I'm thinking they don't understand the ice grows and shrinks every year, pretty much at the times you would expect - it's called a natural cycle....you know, like summer and winter.

So it's very funny they bring up the shrinkage at the tail end of SUMMER, as if that proves....something.

I wonder if they noticed back in the 20s-50s, the Arctic was supposedly melting?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
What work do I need to do for you? Repeat the link, already provided multiple times in this thread? Here you go. Since I know it's hard, I also put in the starting dates for you. Daily Arctic Sea Ice Maps

Now, after you look at the first page, you'll want to put in the next month in the search field, for both years. Compare them with your own eyes.

Now stop being ridiculous.
Hate to burst your GW bubble but.........

Are the ice caps melting?

Quote:
Satellite records have been kept for polar sea ice over the last thirty years by the University Of Illinois. In 2007 2008, two very different records were set. The Arctic broke the previous record for the least sea ice area ever recorded, while the Antarctic broke the record for the most sea ice area ever recorded. Summed up over the entire earth, polar ice has remained constant. As seen below, there has been no net gain or loss of polar sea ice since records began.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:12 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
In the continual reading of this thread I find it so amazing there would be those that would stand in line for their government issued breath-o-meters. They'd believe it, hook line and sinker and go, yeah, okay...let's measure our CO2 output and pay that tax. It's a necessity, so as to put a stop to GW.

PS: ~ I shake my head ~

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 09-19-2011 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies