Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You must be awfully young. A large percentage of income earners have paid NO federal income tax for many years. This is NOT anything new.

No, we DON'T all pay. 51% of income earners pay NO federal income tax whatsoever. They are freeloading the federal governments' protections, benefits, and services. They are leeching off of the 49% who DO pay.
Awfully young? Because I"m not short sighted, cursed with tunnel vision, and obsessed with conservative talking points that I repeat over and over and over while ignoring everything else, that's cute!

Good luck to you in your flat tax quest, you will need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 04:20 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Because they love conservative talking points that allow them to blame all the countries problems on the working classes.
Sorry, NO. Expecting everyone to pay their fair share is FAR from blaming anyone for all the country's problems.

You're over-reacting because that is what liberals do. The "feel." They DON'T think.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because in case you didn't notice the Fed is spending billions more than it takes in and it's source of revenue is Federal Income Taxes.

Duh....who will pay for all these Federal Programs if less than 1/2 the country pays Federal Income tax ?
They don't think about things like that. All they're capable of doing is "feeling" that over half the country is entitled to "free" federal protections, benefits, and services. They give not one wit about the massive deficits and skyrocketing national debt.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Wow, some pots like to call the kettle black?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Wow, some pots like to call the kettle black?
Um... exactly what about more than half of this country's income earners are NOT paying their fair share do you not understand?

And exactly what about allowing them to freeload induces MASSIVE deficits and SKYROCKETING national debt do you not understand?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Awfully young? Because I"m not short sighted, cursed with tunnel vision, and obsessed with conservative talking points
Paying one's fair share is a LIBERAL talking point.

Libs are just utterly dishonest in how they choose to apply the concept.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Um... exactly what about more than half of this country's income earners are NOT paying their fair share do you not understand?

aND Exactly what about allowing them to freeload induces MASSIVE deficits and SKYROCKETING national debt do you not understand?

I understand everything you have posted, I understand much more than the FIT tax, I look at our entire economy, and country when searching for solutions rather than doing whatever conservative, (or liberal) talking point is out this week, and utterly refusing to look beyond it. I tried to show you a bigger picture in my many posts, but you couldn't comprehend it. Your plan is short sighted, not rooted in reality, and would devastate this country.

Look, you are entitled to your opinion that it's not fair, and to post your talking point as reply to every post, and I'm entitled to disagree and post my opinion which I have done. I'm not going to keep going back and forth on the same thing, it's rude to other posters. I always forget that CD is rarely the place for real discussions, it's just a soapbox for most. We all "heard" your point, you have certainly posted it enough times, but feel free to post it one more time, I'd be shocked if you didn't

Last edited by detshen; 10-16-2011 at 05:08 PM..

Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I understand everything, I understand much more than the FIT tax, I look at our entire economy
Looking at the entire economy, how on earth did you miss the fact that the federal government is carrying the LARGEST DEBT THAT MUST BE SERVICED, BY FAR, in that same said entire economy.

Looks like you're completely clueless on that big picture.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Honestly there is a simple solution.
If increased or revamped taxes is not on the table then government cuts have to be.

We should only spend what we take in.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Looking at the entire economy, how on earth did you miss the fact that the federal government is carrying the LARGEST DEBT THAT MUST BE SERVICED, BY FAR, in that same said entire economy.

Looks like you're completely clueless on that big picture.
You keep repeating the problems that I am well aware of, but have provided no solution beyond an unworkable flat tax, you clearly see nothing else, that is called tunnel vision, and refusing to look at a true big picture beyond one point that you feel is unfair. You mentioned "THINKING" try it by going outside your flat tax box, anyone with half a brain knows that would ruin this country unless there are major income increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies