Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
AH, but dating is perfectly legal, it's just the sex you can't have.
Have you seen Selena Gomez?

Of course they already did the deed.

Unless Bieber is gay as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
A 16 year old is a minor and a 19 year old is a legal adult. There is a huge difference in terms of maturity between those three years.
He's also a Canadian citizen and there may be rules blocking support requested like this after a rape.

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Then don't move to California.
I'm a few years past 26 - not that I'd want to have sex with a 16 year old anyway.

Do you think a 19 year old should be a convicted felon and spend a lifetime on the sex offender registry for having sex with a 16 or 17 year old?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm a few years past 26 - not that I'd want to have sex with a 16 year old anyway.

Do you think a 19 year old should be a convicted felon and spend a lifetime on the sex offender registry for having sex with a 16 or 17 year old?
Probably not. But I think it should be illegal with some consequences, which I wouldn't mind seeing this probable gold digger get.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
I just think it's ridiculous that a 19 year old having sex with somebody 2 and half years younger would be considered a felony.
I'm pretty sure there is a 3 year +/- buffer so it's not considered a felony, it's considered a misdemeanor. IF it even happend. And a celeb in the bathroom backstage....you'd have a hard time convincing anyone he wasn't the one in power there, which is the whole point of the statutory rape law.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I'm sure Selena will dump him...........he can only last 30 seconds???
Disney will lose smaller kids as concert goers for him or Selena if she stays with him because the parents don't want that example for their own kids.
What parent would take their smaller kids to see a young boy who already impregnated a girl while in their teens?

Even if the baby is his, his denial IMO is a way for him to buy time on his current concert tour to get some more money out of him before it all goes bust.

I heard his voice the other day. Not that impressive.
I think the career could end on this or in two years on it's own.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
oh my there is a child? no one seems to have any concern about that little aspect of this circus. hope it gets adopted from these freaks and no one is awarded anything.
The child will get cared for by the state, grand parents or the dad. The issue is the rape, not the product of rape in this case.

Now a woman has the right to choose, claims rape is a reason to abort as her right. This woman had a child out of a rape and the guy had no choice in an abortion and out of rape they want child support. How do the abortionists out there think about the fairness of this for the male?

I am pro life, but want to point out here how many extra rights and the power unjustifiably given only to women over men in this society. Men should get equal rights.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:37 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The child will get cared for by the state, grand parents or the dad. The issue is the rape, not the product of rape in this case.

Now a woman has the right to choose, claims rape is a reason to abort as her right. This woman had a child out of a rape and the guy had no choice in an abortion and out of rape they want child support. How do the abortionists out there think about the fairness of this for the male?

I am pro life, but want to point out here how many extra rights and the power unjustifiably given only to women over men in this society. Men should get equal rights.
Men can't in this case. It's biology. They give up the right once they whip it out.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a 3 year +/- buffer so it's not considered a felony, it's considered a misdemeanor. IF it even happend. And a celeb in the bathroom backstage....you'd have a hard time convincing anyone he wasn't the one in power there, which is the whole point of the statutory rape law.
Two and a half years in adults later on is nothing. Two and a half years among teenagers is a world apart.
He would be a sophomore or junior in high school and she would be at least a sophmore in college. That is worlds apart.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Men can't in this case. It's biology. They give up the right once they whip it out.
It's politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies