Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,626 times

Advertisements

it is called statutory rape... if true

she could be making it up for fame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 06:49 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
From the immortal one:

WTF is a
I just spilled my soda looking at this picture.

Anyway, I suppose the truth shall set them free, at some point, whatever it is.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Actually, I'm 18, turning 19 this December. From personal experience, I would say my friends and I are nothing like we were at 16. I know for sure, I'm not. I'm almost the complete opposite of how I was then.
That's why there is an age of consent. Because as you are maturing you do change drastically... every year! I have two teenage boys, my oldest just turned 18, my youngest will be 16 next month. Their maturity levels are so completely different that it's hard to sometimes believe that they are only 2 years apart.

The other thing, and I know that some people will find this double standard.. but girls mature faster than boys. So really a 19 year old woman is MUCH more mature than a 16 year old boy.

Of course we are talking about a celebrity who was whored out to the public by his parents in the first place. It's sad to see these things happen to these kids... and worse to see some of my friends and family pushing their kids to be in the lime light as well. **shudder**

Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I understand that's the law. I think it's a bad law.

I'm from Colorado. There, the age of consent is 17. However, there is a 10 year closeness of age exception for those 15 and 16. That means sex between a 15 year old and a 25 year old, or a 16 year old and a 26 year old is perfectly legal. I just think it's ridiculous that a 19 year old having sex with somebody 2 and half years younger would be considered a felony.
8-3-402. Sexual assault. (1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on
a victim commits sexual assault if:

) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at
least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or
(e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than
seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the
victim; or

Colorado - Age of Consent

Although I find this disgusting that a 25 year old man/woman could have sex with a child of 15 at least they do have SOME cut off for when a child is actually too young for even this. I was beginning to think that Colorado was Pedophile heaven! **shudder**

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So let me get this straight. A teenage girl gets invited backstage to meet Justin Bieber after his show, gets banged in the bathroom, impregnated, and now she's likely facing a rape charge?

Why again is it illegal - rape - for a 19 year old to have sex with a 16 year old?

Police: Bieber sexual tryst may be investigated - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19258049 - broken link)
Metro - Was Justin Bieber's alleged bathroom tryst statutory rape?
its only a misdemeanor since they werent more than 3 years apart.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a 3 year +/- buffer so it's not considered a felony, it's considered a misdemeanor. IF it even happend. And a celeb in the bathroom backstage....you'd have a hard time convincing anyone he wasn't the one in power there, which is the whole point of the statutory rape law.
California - Age of Consent

In California they don't have much of an age gap. If the adult is more than 2 years older than the minor they are having sex with they can be fined up to $10000 and will also be labled a sex offender for the rest of their lives. I'm ok with the fine, I'd be ok with the jail time... I don't believe that they should have to register as a sex offender though.

I'm thinking a paternity test will be made and the results will determine what happens next. I don't think this girl really thought through what she was doing.... then or now!

(e) (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, an
adult who engages in an act of sexual intercourse with a minor in
violation of this section may be liable for civil penalties in the
following amounts:
(A) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse
with a minor less than two years younger than the adult is liable for
a civil penalty not to exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000).
(B) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse
with a minor at least two years younger than the adult is liable for
a civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(C) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse
with a minor at least three years younger than the adult is liable
for a civil penalty not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(D) An adult over the age of 21 years who engages in an act of
unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16 years of age is
liable for a civil penalty not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars
($25,000).

Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
Come on guys...you know nothing will happen to her. No consequences...maybe a book deal.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Come on guys...you know nothing will happen to her. No consequences...maybe a book deal.
Actually, it a misdemeanor, so she'll do the time, squeeze Beiber for cash and do the 15 min. fame thing and collect a mil or two.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
In California they don't have much of an age gap. If the adult is more than 2 years older than the minor they are having sex with they can be fined up to $10000 and will also be labled a sex offender for the rest of their lives. I'm ok with the fine, I'd be ok with the jail time... I don't believe that they should have to register as a sex offender though.
I'm pretty sure in CA it's 3 years +/- and a misdemeanor. I looked it up on several sites and they all said the same thing.

Of course, even a minor is given liberties if a parent gives permission for them to marry. Essentially parents can pimp out their minor children to an adult of any age. See Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchison for more info, if you can stomach it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies