Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 10:45 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times

Advertisements

Riot Control Trucks from SEC-PRO ,our Riot Control Vehicles are helping police forces around the world control chaos and restore peace with minimal damage . Our non lethal water cannon are proven and effective
Riot Control Trucks from SEC-PRO ,our Riot Control Vehicles are helping police forces around the world control chaos and restore peace with minimal damage . Our non lethal water cannon are proven and effective
Truck-based water cannon were used widely in the U.S. during the 1960s for riot control. Although they were safer than a combination off firearms, tear gas, and batons , their useed as a Non-lethal form of riot control mechanism.
or a deterrent to those thinking of social disobedience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Lest other posters don't read back, Snofarmer here thinks that spraying civil rights workers with water hoses was "non violent"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:49 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times
Now to use a sidewalk you have to crawl over people?
You see nothing wrong with having your mom grandmom having to crawel over protesters.

Yea, it was blocked. it's a sidewalk not a crawl-over

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yeah, sure. That's why we see the officer who sprayed them climbing over the line at least twice. Because the police were SO blocked.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, please. We don't live in a police state. I've had a police officer order me to do something before, when that officer had no reason to issue the order except to exercise his control over the situation. When I referred him to MY lawyer, a local judge, the police officer went away. Police officers are known to abuse their authority, and it's up to Americans who are proponents of freedom to challenge those abuses.
I keep wondering how many people noticed that as soon as the police made their point and cleared the walkway with nobody filling back in they left. I think that is what I saw in the many times I watched that Occupy provided video. Am I wrong? Did the occupiers block the public pathway after the incident? Maybe some had to suffer for others to realize what was going on there.

Just in case I am totally wrong, do the occupiers have freedoms to restrict traffic that supersedes the freedom to use that walkway the rest of us have?

Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering how many people noticed that as soon as the police made their point and cleared the walkway with nobody filling back in they left. I think that is what I saw in the many times I watched that Occupy provided video. Am I wrong? Did the occupiers block the public pathway after the incident? Maybe some had to suffer for others to realize what was going on there.

Just in case I am totally wrong, do the occupiers have freedoms to restrict traffic that supersedes the freedom to use that walkway the rest of us have?

I don't want one American to suffer physical attack for peacefully protesting.

Arrest them if they aren't moving and breaking the law, but they weren't resisting arrest, and they were attacked anyway.

They went straigtht from "move" to "spray"

It should be "move", if they don't move, arrest, and if they fight back then, violence is warranted.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Now to use a sidewalk you have to crawl over people?
You see nothing wrong with having your mom grandmom having to crawel over protesters.

Yea, it was blocked. it's a sidewalk not a crawl-over
My grandmom actually has the intelligence to walk AROUND an obstacle. She actually knows what a campus quad is, and can get around quite nicely. Thank you for your concern, though, I'll let her know you care.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:

If it were the only walkway on a college campus quad, you might have a point. But since it's not, then you don't. I remember when I was in college, some students staged a sit-in in the administrative offices. Nobody had to pepper spray anyone, then, and there was no need to pepper-spray anyone at UC Davis.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times

UC Davis Pepper Spray Incident, Four Perspectives - YouTube

Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
When they took you away one by one , did you resist?
No, we just went limp.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Big differerence here. You were protesting against murder. These idiots are protesting against paying a little more for their own education.

Besides, from one pro-lifer to another, I do not agree with your tactics. Try to change people's hearts and minds, yes, and the laws, but you have no right to "sit-in" anywhere.
AHA! This is exactly my point! The purpose of the protest doesn't matter. The RIGHT to protest is what is important. It's not up to you to judge whether you feel someone's cause is virtuous enough to warrant peaceful protest.

What if they start jailing Christians and all the atheists think that your form of protest is an overreaction? Are you willing to be judged by their standards?

Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:

No, but the point you keep ignoring is that there are other ways to remove them than to resort to the most heavy-handed tactics right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies