Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well if I was the only one getting healthcare I bet the error rate would drop dramatically and there would be no waiting for anything. Screw all you guys.

Seriously HH, you can't win an arguement simply by stating that the few people who have access the better off the rest of us are.
Yes that is the attitude of most progs. "screw all you guys" and do what we think should be done. Good luck with that. Your great orator has the same attitude and will be one of the many reasons he is in the bread line with the rest come next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:45 PM

37,153 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I'm not saying that.
You did though.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:46 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,340,577 times
Lawyers want Mercy sanctioned (malpractice case against hospital)

Scroll down to his verdicts and settlements:

HKQ PA Personal Injury Lawyer Joseph Quinn | PA Personal Injury | Medical Malpractice PA | PA Car Accident Attorney :: HKQ PA Attorney Joseph Quinn Jr.

Anyone who thinks medical malpractice is the province of socialized medicine is uneducated on the topic.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:46 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,153,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Well, hothandz, I recently spent eight years living in a country with socialized medicine. My wife and I went to the doctor several times. Each time, we were seen right away, each time the doctor had time to listen to us, each time the doctor had time to inform us about diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment, each time we were treated with respect and by the professional we had come to see - not by some assistant.

On the other hand, our experience here in the US is that doctors don't have time for their patients. They barely have the time to tell you what is wrong with you. Instead of getting a work up by the physician, you spend more time with an assistant or nurse while your doctor only comes in for a brief and very hurried visit.

Sorry, in my book having no time for your patients increases the risk much more than having plenty of time.

I can only speculate why US doctors don't have the time - I suppose their are too busy making money.
Well, yes it is money. Doctors react to money but what I found out the hard way is the way they react to your insurance. Have an HMO? sorry patient, I don't have a clue what is wrong, by by. Have very good insurance? you'll get their undivided attention. Same doctor, different insurance. HMO contracts stipulate the doctor spend 10-20 minutes with the patient and that's it. Thus, the assembly line feeling many Americans are experiencing.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 PM

37,153 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes that is the attitude of most progs. "screw all you guys" and do what we think should be done. Good luck with that. Your great orator has the same attitude and will be one of the many reasons he is in the bread line with the rest come next year.
If by "what should be done" is medical care available for everyone then yes, I will proudly say sccrew you guys.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Medical care is currently available to everyone. Are you this clueless???

Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,340,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Medical care is currently available to everyone. Are you this clueless???
REALLY?!

Please explain.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,007,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You can't see that adding fro 30 million to 50 million people to the base that has to be treated by what doctors are left after the shift which doesn't allow them to make all that money you talk about, would have anything to do with anything. Right?
Roy - of course I can see that and I made no argument to the opposite. I simply stated that my experience with socialized medicine has been the exact opposite of what the OP suggests would happen.

It has worked very well for me in Central American and EU countries.

On the other hand, the system in the US has not worked very well - because physicians were apparently more concerned with something else and NOT with the care I would receive.

It may not fit your ideology but it is my experience nonetheless.

I am also readily willing to state that I have much more mixed experiences when it comes to hospitalization. On one hand, the only hospital experience I had in the US (in Miami) was absolutely horrible. I saw the doctor only briefly, was confined to a hallway in the emergency room, had a guy on drugs hand-cuffed to a gurney down the hall who kept screaming at the top of his lungs, and another guy with armed police officers confined to a room across the way. I did get proper treatment, though - and perhaps that's what counts. Of course, it was expensive as hell.

I also had a negative experience with a hospital in Germany where the treating physician had no time and no interest in his patient. I found hygiene to be quite bad, too. Here, proper treatment was received as well.

Finally, I had a fantastic experience in a Costa Rican hospital that was everything a hospitalization ought to be. It was, by far, the best hospital experience I have had.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,464,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh really? Care to check your statement against facts?

Let's get something else straight. Nobody, even the farthest leftist in the U.S. is advocating 'Socialized medicine,' which is when the doctors are government employees.

What the most liberal American wants is universal single-payer insurance. The type of insurance has no bearing on the quality of the doctors.
Our Future!

Because prominent members of the Obama administration continue to tout British health care as an example for America to emulate, it’s necessary to highlight the endless array of issues connected to Britain’s National Health Service.
In the most recent example, a major British health care official admitted in an upcoming documentary that premature babies born at 23 weeks gestation or earlier should be left to die because of cost concerns.

According to Britain’s Daily Mail, the National Health Service spends more than $16 million on treating premature babies, many of whom die or survive with birth defects. NHS guidelines indicate that babies born under 22 weeks should not be resuscitated, but those born between 22 and 25 weeks receive intensive care.

British Health Care Official Advocates Letting Premature Babies Die (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-care/6608-british-hc-official-advocates-letting-premature-babies-die - broken link)

Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,464,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
OK so explain to poor kids why they deserve to die because they cant pay health care prices. I'm looking forward to it, like to see what the insane right wing gets a boner about!
Link to this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies