Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,674,237 times

Advertisements

Respect?

Where is the respect for the thousands of Americans they murdered? Do we as a nation have such a short memory? Honor their dignity by supporting all the companies which pulled their ads from the station.

Lowe's has every right to spend their profits as they chose; we have the right to chose to shop there, or not, as well as the right not to watch that propaganda for a "peaceful" hate group!!! Their pillars and actions say it all - their words ring false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Lowes is based in North Carolina and likely is worried about its redneck, NASCAR cultivated image.

Menards is looking like a better choice now.
Exactly. Cant have a show about "mooslems" in Naurth Karolaina. What nexxt a shoe about n****** and *****s?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,848,983 times
I believe that a private company can & should make WHATEVER decisions they want without government influence.

"Sen. Ted Lieu, D-Torrance, told The Associated Press on Sunday that he would also consider legislative action if Lowe's doesn't apologize to Muslims and reinstate its ads. The senator vowed to look into whether Lowe's violated any California laws and said he would also consider drafting a senate resolution condemning the company's actions." Read more here

Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
There were two other threads on this already. Lowes isn't the controversy, Muslims are not the controversy...the Senator is.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I believe that a private company can & should make WHATEVER decisions they want without government influence.

"Sen. Ted Lieu, D-Torrance, told The Associated Press on Sunday that he would also consider legislative action if Lowe's doesn't apologize to Muslims and reinstate its ads. The senator vowed to look into whether Lowe's violated any California laws and said he would also consider drafting a senate resolution condemning the company's actions." Read more here
I've heard some stupid crap come out of the mouths of politicians, but this is some kind of record. Like it or not, Lowes, or any other company, is free to advertise with anyone they like. They don't have to support biased propaganda like this show...and shouldn't. Perhaps Mr. Lieu needs to get over himself and realize that he is a senator, not a dictator.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Respect?

Where is the respect for the thousands of Americans they murdered? Do we as a nation have such a short memory? Honor their dignity by supporting all the companies which pulled their ads from the station.
You do realize that those murders were committed by Muslim extremists, don't you? And that there are millions of peaceful Muslims?

I'm pretty sure there are a few "christian" extremists out there, too - probably bombing abortion clinics and mosques.

Quote:
Lowe's has every right to spend their profits as they chose; we have the right to chose to shop there,
Yes, they do. And yes, we have the right to shop there....or not. If there were a Lowe's around here, I would choose to not shop there because of this.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 PM

250 posts, read 379,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, they do. And yes, we have the right to shop there....or not. If there were a Lowe's around here, I would choose to not shop there because of this.
You're right. I, for one, will be voting with my wallet and going elsewhere.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Never heard of that show and there is no Lowes around here sept for one I heard about in the next state over. but I sure hope you get this settled soon. Oh wait no crime has been commited who cares
What a ridiculous comment... I guess nobody should have cared when the US practiced segregation against Black Americans? I mean, no crime was being committed when they asked Rosa Parks to sit in the back!

And yes, I realize that's a more extreme example of racism and inequality - but I think you get my point.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Remember this thread next time some right wing fundamentalist nut-basket tells you they are "tolerant".

"All thems Muslim people must be Un-American! Jesus tells me so."

Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What a ridiculous comment... I guess nobody should have cared when the US practiced segregation against Black Americans? I mean, no crime was being committed when they asked Rosa Parks to sit in the back!

And yes, I realize that's a more extreme example of racism and inequality - but I think you get my point.
There is not and never will be a crime involved in where to throw your advertising dollars. Just like it will never be a crime to stop donating money to one group in order to donate to another. It is not and never will be a crime to stop volunteering somewhere becasue it becomes sketchy and you feel unsafe. It is not and never will be a crime for a company to stay away from controversy for business reasons. They aren't there to make political statements for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies