Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,605,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is not and never will be a crime involved in where to throw your advertising dollars. Just like it will never be a crime to stop donating money to one group in order to donate to another. It is not and never will be a crime to stop volunteering somewhere becasue it becomes sketchy and you feel unsafe. It is not and never will be a crime for a company to stay away from controversy for business reasons. They aren't there to make political statements for us.
But they only removed advertising until the evangelicals complained about the show. Why would they advertise on the show in the first place if they knew it would be controversial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 04:59 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Respect?

Where is the respect for the thousands of Americans they murdered? Do we as a nation have such a short memory? Honor their dignity by supporting all the companies which pulled their ads from the station.

Lowe's has every right to spend their profits as they chose; we have the right to chose to shop there, or not, as well as the right not to watch that propaganda for a "peaceful" hate group!!! Their pillars and actions say it all - their words ring false.
Really? I had no idea the cast of the show murdered thousands of Americans. Guess we blamed the wrong people for 9/11 all this time, eh?

Old 12-14-2011, 05:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is truly sad. Now, you aren't even allowed to be Muslim in this country without facing backlash. I'm not Muslim but this show is about Americans who happen to be Muslim and provide their perspective on issues. If Lowes protested and pulled ads from an Evangelical Christian show, the Right in this country would revolt. I consider myself to be a conservative but find myself to be increasingly Independent as I can't relate to the Christian Conservative movement hijacking the Republican party.....and Lowes! This is truly sad because I really like Lowes but do not agree with their stance as I find it un-American and I would feel that way if they pulled their ad from an Evangelical Christian program as well. This country is about respecting all views including conservative views. To me, it's about respecting what this country is all about and Lowes is being un-American in their decision to boycott this show IMHO. Of course, this is their right but I think their move is in poor taste and disrespectful to all Americans not just Muslim Americans. I don't find this to be a Conservative vs Liberal stance as some of you might. You can be Conservative and an Evangelical Christian and disagree with Lowe's actions as it disrespects what this country is founded upon.

Lowe's faces backlash over pulling ads from 'All-American Muslim' - latimes.com

Well, I'm going to boycott Lowes for this cowardly action.

Ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,872,451 times
Quote:
Respect?

Where is the respect for the thousands of Americans they murdered? Do we as a nation have such a short memory? Honor their dignity by supporting all the companies which pulled their ads from the station.

Lowe's has every right to spend their profits as they chose; we have the right to chose to shop there, or not, as well as the right not to watch that propaganda for a "peaceful" hate group!!! Their pillars and actions say it all - their words ring false.
So which cast members pulled off 9/11? Which one beheaded Daniel Pearl or Nick Berg or any of the dozens of others who have been beheaded by terrorists? Because I don't think any of them have.

I've made plenty of comments on extremism in Muslim communities in Western nations and my disgust for the "tolerant" who wish to tolerate intolerance, but from my understanding the cast members are moderate and liberal Muslims who live pretty mundane lives with the major selling point being that they are Muslims and they talk about being Muslims.

So far most of the criticism I've heard of the show is that the cast members are not extremists. Which in their little reptile brains, the fact they have aren't frothing at the mouth extremists is somehow a bad thing.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,411,375 times
So what? How many boycotts has CAIR held? But, God forbid a Christian organization (crack pot or otherwise) should do the same!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Oh please....you can't be Christian in this country without backlash.
And the "Christians" representing Christians in this episode of idiocy only help propagate that. Unless Christians learn to condone such acts by these evangelicals, they're not in a position to whine. They deserve what they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
So what? How many boycotts has CAIR held? But, God forbid a Christian organization (crack pot or otherwise) should do the same!
What was the reason CAIR gave? And if you thought that was stupid, it is hilarious to see "Christians" signing up for stupidity and being proud of it.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,554 times
The worst part is the OBJECTIONS were because the TLC program does not show muslims to be terrorists!! This is f-ing amazing that a handful of zealots end up changing the policy of Lowes. Simply disgraceful and cowardly.

Kabulvision - A New Lowe - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 12/13/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Maybe when TLC shows something about catholics, people should object if they do not show how the priests screw the kids as normal behavior.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
CAIR is a hate group, they try to damage anyone that doesn't agree with their agenda.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Respect?

You have personal knowledge that the people participating in this TV show murdered thousands of Americans?
Have you reported them?

BTW, ever eat sushi or drive a Japanese car?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Remember this thread next time some right wing fundamentalist nut-basket tells you they are "tolerant".

"All thems Muslim people must be Un-American! Jesus tells me so."
Any time the right wingers pretend to not be racist or "tolerant" it's always a flat out lie. The responses from the right in this thread really proves that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies