Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,449,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Yep it does, and half of them are in poverty.
Most of Chinatown in NYC is in poverty too but hosts an elementary school with the third highest test scores in the city. The elite high schools in NYC are disproportinately Asian and many come from homes where English is not even spoken.

Stop with the excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 11:40 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,100,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Go to the FBI stats. Blacks only make up 12% of the population and half of the murders. The point isn't that folks commit crimes but to the degree of which these crimes are committed.
I agree with you on this post,but black culture has nothing to do with it...thug mentality is the root cause and it knows no racial boundary.

If every law abiding citizen could carry concealed and every state had a no retreat law then that "thug mentality" would be eradicated in extremely short order.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I call out whatever I see that I don't like. I don't make excuses like posters do when its a white or cover it up when it's a black.

I feel comfortable saying there is trouble with urban young black males throughout this country. Whenever I see a video it is these inner city thugs who are front and center.

Quote:
At the same time there is a growing number of troubled whites
. I still have not seen that video posted on this forum of these thug crap whites pounding the hell out of a homeless guy a few days ago, yet those same posters would run to throw that video up if it was a black guy doing it. I don't play that game, I call out both sides like I said.
True, and I think most of these white youths are heavely influenced by the ghetto black culture and their garbage music.They are wanna be's.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,931,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Most of Chinatown in NYC is in poverty too but hosts an elementary school with the third highest test scores in the city. The elite high schools in NYC are disproportinately Asian and many come from homes where English is not even spoken.

Stop with the excuses.
you came at me with that number awhile ago about half of murders being from blacks and came back at you saying the murder rate is small and that your running with the 50 percent number to intentionally distort it and make it seem like a nationwide problem. white supremacists love the 12 percent and 50 number.

the problem with that logic is there were only 18,000 murders in 2010. so 9,000 of the 18,000 murders were from blacks.

what you try to do is convince people that half of blacks comited murder in 2010, by running with the 12 and 50 numbers.

the truth is murder is rare, and yea, the majority of people who do it are black. the question is does something that rarely happens indite a large group of people.

you distort stats to make it look way worse then it is. in actual reality 0.000225 percent of blacks killed somebody in 2011.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,931,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
True, and I think most of these white youths are heavely influenced by the ghetto black culture and their garbage music.They are wanna be's.
white people are why the rap industry is the number 1 profitable form of music in the us today. white people love ghetto rap culture. 70 percent of rap sales are from white kids. all facts

Old 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Yep it does, and half of them are in poverty.
Maybe the question should be, why? Is this a group of people who are satisfied living on the entitlement dollar?

Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,449,439 times
Quote:
you came at me with that number awhile ago about half of murders being from blacks and came back at you saying the murder rate is small and that your running with the 50 percent number to intentionally distort it and make it seem like a nationwide problem. white supremacists love the 12 percent and 50 number.

the problem with that logic is there were only 18,000 murders in 2010. so 9,000 of the 18,000 murders were from blacks.

what you try to do is convince people that half of blacks comited murder in 2010, by running with the 12 and 50 numbers.

the truth is murder is rare, and yea, the majority of people who do it are black. the question is does something that rarely happens indite a large group of people.

you distort stats to make it look way worse then it is. in actual reality 0.000225 percent of blacks killed somebody in 2011.
The only people who would be confused are those who are mathematically challenged. Where from my statement one conclude that half of all Blacks commit murder?

Blacks only make up 12% of the population. All things being equal Blacks should only be responsible for around 12% of this country's murders not 50%.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:58 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,212,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
This is why we can't have anything nice.
The pessimistic side of me comes out whenever I see stuff like that, either close and personal or on youtube and worldstar. It's hard to keep an optimistic or objective opinion when it appears that half-two-thirds of black people of my generation(the Y generation) around me are a hotmess or very ignorant. I do want to go to a rap concert and I like Drake stuff(I been following him since he was underground and was on the Canadian Teen show Degrassi) and some of Lil Wayne stuff, but melees like this is what I'm afraid of and I been in a sitiuation where I was mugged/cheap shot when I was 14 in a dimmed room at a skating rink by 1-3 black thugs and he/they ran. Like you, I have said the same thing, in my head and around other black people who have come that thought. In any music event, I rather attend to a music event(whether it's at the mall or traditional concert) where there is a diverse crowd because it feels like in mostly young black crowds, the atmosphere gives off the vibe that something is bound to happen and it is going to be ugly. We can be on the defensive and say ''white and Asian-American people do it too'', which is true, but the frequency of them acting a fool and causing mayhem at what's suppose to be an enjoyable time, is lower.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 12-27-2011 at 01:09 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 01:26 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,212,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
For the love of God, can you open Tapatalk, click settings at the bottom right, scroll down to Post Creation and click on Signature and disable it?
lol

Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,512,084 times
Quote:
The only reason I posted this was because of the sheer size of this incident and the mayhem involved with the mall going on lock down.

I think crime exists and will continue happen, and I don't think anyone needs to wake up about it just because it was blacks committing the crime.

You got a white down in Florida about to get gassed for hogtieing a black and killing him. Did that wake you up?

Crime happens, we can review it and try to understand why, but its always going to be around, regardless of race.

Would you have posted the thread if a bunch of white teenage girls caused the same thing to happen over Justin Bieber in another large mall??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies