Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are directed by satan and there is nothing new under the sun.
Very interesting observation. He's posting the words of the bible, the purportedly infallable word of god himself, and he's been directed to do so by satan!!

Wow, satan quoting scripture.

Up is down and down is up!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
I am not fooled. Your posting this-God ordered Moses to slaughter every man, woman, and boy, and to take the young girls as spoils of war to be raped.
And, what about it? Do you admit the Bible contains many questionable passages, and that you don't follow every word literally? Do you also admit you've never read the Bible in its original language, and thus are dependent upon man to give you the interpretations themselves? Guess not.

Quote:
So what is the agenda of going after the kids at school in stating that homosexuality is normal . For the advancement of Nambla?
1. Who's "going after the kids at school," and what exactly are they teaching? Got proof that anything being taught isn't scientifically accurate or non-biased?

2. Homosexuality does not equal pedophilia, and your insinuation of such a thing is disgusting.

3. Do you realize many of those students are gay themselves, and need to be taught sexual education just like the straight people... or are you willing to let them figure it out for themselves? Teaching students that homosexuality exists is not an agenda, it's a FACT. And to leave them to their own devices is irresponsible, immoral, and harmful to society as a whole. Congratulations on promoting irresponsible sex, and personally trying to increase the rates of STDs and teen suicide - you must be proud.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's quite obvious you are either an intentional Poe.
I started thinking this about 11 hours ago. We'll see.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
You atheists are fighting an impossible uphill battle. 83% of Americans identify as Christians. Only 1.6 million (0.5%) identify as Atheist
It isn't a battle, not sure why you see it that way. They only battle is getting the 83% to stop pushing their beliefs and values on the rest of us. We're not buying what you're selling.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And, what about it? Do you admit the Bible contains many questionable passages, and that you don't follow every word literally? Do you also admit you've never read the Bible in its original language, and thus are dependent upon man to give you the interpretations themselves? Guess not.

1. Who's "going after the kids at school," and what exactly are they teaching? Got proof that anything being taught isn't scientifically accurate or biased?

2. Homosexuality does not equal pedophilia, and your insinuation of such a thing is disgusting.

3. Do you realize many of those students are gay themselves, and need to be taught sexual education just like the straight people... or are you willing to let them figure it out for themselves? Teaching students that homosexuality exists is not an agenda, it's a FACT. And to leave them to their own devices is irresponsible, immoral, and harmful to society as a whole. Congratulations on promoting irresponsible sex, and personally trying to increase the rise of STDs and teen suicide - you must be proud.
Oh stop with the disgusting stuff. You don't know the meaning when it comes to others who look at homosexuality as disgusting , so if you teach homosexuality as normal , why not go all the way with nambla and stop the pretense.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
the fact is gays went after young boys . So how does being straight who do the same make it a debate .
The fact is straights go after young girls. So how do (much fewer) gays doing the same thing make it a debate? Pot, meet kettle... and quite honestly, arguing with somebody of your limited comprehension on the subject is like debating with a brick wall.

Quote:
Fact is homosexuality is not normal and the agenda is to go after young minds. I am not fooled.
Fact is homosexuality IS normal, and their "agenda" is only in your indoctrinated mind... I am not fooled by religious zealots, and your agendas are clear. Again, promoting irresponsible sex and increasing the rates of STDs and teen suicides is not something to be proud of IMO.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-01-2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Oh stop with the disgusting stuff. You don't know the meaning when it comes to others who look at homosexuality as disgusting , so if you teach homosexuality as normal , why not go all the way with nambla and stop the pretense.
Oh stop with the disgusting stuff? You're the one being disgusting, so if you don't want me pointing out the flaws in your "arguments," stop equating homosexuality with pedophilia. Nobody here is suggesting we teach pedophilia, and again your continuous deflection to the UNRELATED subject tells me you're running out of other arguments. I am deeply offended by your insinuations, and I'm not even gay!!

P.S. I'm not a teacher nor a parent, so I am not personally teaching anyone anything about sexuality. My parents didn't teach me anything about homosexuality either, but showed me through their behavior not to judge others. They had quite a few gay friends (both male & female), and through them I learned that they deserve equal respect - and how they are just like anyone else, when it comes down to it. Have you ever been friends with a gay person?

Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The fact is straights go after young girls. So how do (much fewer) gays doing the same thing make it a debate? Pot, meet kettle... and quite honestly, arguing with somebody of your limited comprehension is like debating with a brick wall.

Fact is homosexuality IS normal, and their "agenda" is only in your indoctrinated mind... I am not fooled by religious zealots, and your agendas are clear. Again, promoting irresponsible sex and increasing the rates of STDs and teen suicides is not something to be proud of IMO.
Well, if you keep indoctrinating them as young boys you will have their lives in turmoil.

HOMOSEXUALS ARE GOING AFTER OUR CHILDREN AMERICA
Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement. In 1972, the National Coalition of Gay Organizations adopted a 'Gay Rights Platform" that included the following demand: "Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent." David Thorstad, a spokesman for the homosexual rights movement and NAMBLA, clearly states the objectives: 'The ultimate goal of the gay liberation movement is the achievement of sexual freedom for all - not just equal rights for 'lesbians and gay men, but also freedom of sexual expression for young people and children." This goal has not changed since it was articulated in 1972.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It remains a horrible thing to do to children. This is precisely the type of thing that should remain as, in reality it is. It is a matter of opinion, of "belief." Most children will, if having never been introduced at all to the subject of homosexuality think that it's a gross idea, and they like our own daughter first did will likely use that very term in their reaction.

Making children doubt what they sense, witness, intuit and discern is THE most horrible, even criminal thing one can do to them.
By dang, we've got it covered with our public, govt. schools.
You don't appear to realise that most children will get grossed out by mommy and daddy kissing in a sexual way or anything to do with anything sexual. Try telling your daughter that daddy sticks his penis in mommy's vagina if you really want to gross her out.

It's all about age-appropriate information.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
I voted unsure. Its not normal or natural, but its an way of life on an significant minority. Of course many hetrosexuals have an way of life that is very far from being normal or natural. I don't care what consenting adults do in private.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies