Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should airport security in America look like?
No security at all. Let's preserve our freedom. 9 15.52%
Reduced security. The guys with the box cutters and shoe bombs may have gotten through, but we should just live with that risk. 26 44.83%
Same level of security as now. I'd rather sacrifice some freedom in the security line for the odds of a safer flight. 19 32.76%
Greater security. Let's reduce the risk as much as humanly possible at the expense of personal freedom. 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM

19 posts, read 9,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just spend the time and money, get your pilots license and fly yourself.

Problem solved.

I fly a lot. A WHOLE LOT. And TSA has never really been a problem for me, I've never been searched and have never had to go into one of those scanners. I also fly myself around pretty often and simply walking out to your plane and taking off without so much as a goodbye from the receptionist at the FBO is also pretty awesome.
People like you are an aviation security hazard. I think the next area that the TSA should focus on is General Aviation and regulate this tightly. The TSA has been studying this for the last few years and there may be some role for the TSA in GA in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
This world and its ever-increasing, genius technology and our world population have and will absolutely guarantee that we can never prevent all crimes or terrorism. Good grief! No, we should not increase security if being felt-off by strangers is what we now call "security."

Our founders "got it." Never mind how the world has changed. If it's our time to go, it just is. Would we all prefer laying and rotting a year or more with cancer? Do we each and every one prefer "quantity of life" over "quality of life?" Are each and every one of us totally void of faith in God?

Stuff happens and yes I value my freedom above my safety. I do a sorry job of "serving God" but my faith is not, has not been and cannot be reduced by the dangers of our modern era.

With the advancements "Big Sis" has made in this so-called security issue I need to say it again. We are just one "loaded tampon" away from some stupid swine in some govt. office daring to suggest GYN stirrups at airports.

They are that nutty, and probably some of those at the very top are clinking their martini glasses together after-hours and laughing heartily at how the American people are mostly bowing, obeying and taking this crap.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 PM

19 posts, read 9,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
This world and its ever-increasing, genius technology and our world population have and will absolutely guarantee that we can never prevent all crimes or terrorism. Good grief! No, we should not increase security if being felt-off by strangers is what we now call "security."

Our founders "got it." Never mind how the world has changed. If it's our time to go, it just is. Would we all prefer laying and rotting a year or more with cancer? Do we each and every one prefer "quantity of life" over "quality of life?" Are each and every one of us totally void of faith in God?

Stuff happens and yes I value my freedom above my safety. I do a sorry job of "serving God" but my faith is not, has not been and cannot be reduced by the dangers of our modern era.

With the advancements "Big Sis" has made in this so-called security issue I need to say it again. We are just one "loaded tampon" away from some stupid swine in some govt. office daring to suggest GYN stirrups at airports.

They are that nutty, and probably some of those at the very top are clinking their martini glasses together after-hours and laughing heartily at how the American people are mostly bowing, obeying and taking this crap.
This can be avoided by making passengers walk through a more powerful body scanner. If they decline, it's unfortunate but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
This entire issue can be avoided by the majority of freedom-loving Americans growing some "bowling apparatus" and refusing to "play along."

THEY Obey us, we don't obey them is the attitude that is needed.
This govt.-run-amuck belongs to "we, the people."

I pray it never requires violence to put them in their places and take our rightful ones.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA_Forever View Post
This can be avoided by making passengers walk through a more powerful body scanner. If they decline, it's unfortunate but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I think you would fit nicely in Hitler's Germany.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA_Forever View Post
People like you are an aviation security hazard. I think the next area that the TSA should focus on is General Aviation and regulate this tightly. The TSA has been studying this for the last few years and there may be some role for the TSA in GA in the future.

I honestly doubt the TSA will barge in on General Aviation anytime soon. I hate to say it, but wealthy people get their way and the majority of people involved in GA are wealthy. They aren't little guys like me who rent a plane here and there, but are business owners, celebrities, entrepreneurs, and sports stars with multi million dollar jets and they DEMAND privacy.

We go through enough FAA crap to even be able to fly ourselves, I'd love to see the sh*tstorm that happens if the TSA tried to regulate GA

Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I'm good with pre 9/11 security, maybe tweaked a bit. This is rediculous.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM

309 posts, read 427,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And folks, this is how you make changes..slowly over time. The above poster only knows airport security since 9/11 and accepts it as the norm.
You are correct. We now have a whole generation who don't know any different, this is the only way they have ever flown and view it as normal.

They have never known what it is like to simply go to the airport to see off loved ones or greet them as they are arriving. Yes, there was a time when you could actually go all the way to the gate to just watch departures and arrivals. They have never known what it is like to go to the airport and simply board a plane without going through any type of security, taking off your belt, shoes, jewelry, jackets, sweaters, pulling your laptop out of its case, not being able to take fluids or gels or insert new item here, and not knowing from one airport to the next what will be acceptable in your carryon luggage as the rules seem to change mid-flight. Then, once you get through security and are ready to board, you could be pulled off to the side to be checked again in front of everyone else boarding if your ticket is marked for an additional random search and pat down. And on top of all this, you have the pat downs and xray machines. You can put me in the category for no more TSA.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
You are correct. We now have a whole generation who don't know any different, this is the only way they have ever flown and view it as normal.

They have never known what it is like to simply go to the airport to see off loved ones or greet them as they are arriving. Yes, there was a time when you could actually go all the way to the gate to just watch departures and arrivals. They have never known what it is like to go to the airport and simply board a plane without going through any type of security, taking off your belt, shoes, jewelry, jackets, sweaters, pulling your laptop out of its case, not being able to take fluids or gels or insert new item here, and not knowing from one airport to the next what will be acceptable in your carryon luggage as the rules seem to change mid-flight. Then, once you get through security and are ready to board, you could be pulled off to the side to be checked again in front of everyone else boarding if your ticket is marked for an additional random search and pat down. And on top of all this, you have the pat downs and xray machines. You can put me in the category for no more TSA.

Agree. It's time to roll back security. 911 will never happen again since pilots will never allow terrorists to take over a plane. The solution was quite simple; first, put a strong door between the cockpit and the passengers, and second, train pilots to not open the door for any reason whatsoever.

Those two changes solved the problem. TSA is not needed at all.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
By doing something effective but NOT invasive.
That is what I call shooting in the dark, nothing concrete but a non-answer. Can airport security be improved? I'm sure, but that it can't be accomplished without privatization of people's security, is as lame as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies