Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times

Advertisements

Sounds creepy. But, we have given up on TV a long time ago in our house. There is too much violence, sex and propaganda pushed by the progressive left who control the programming, any complaints about are typically responded to with a reminder that the TV can be controlled by parents. So I guess, that is my advice. Don't like it? Turn it off. Or another option is to watch it with your children. It may open the door for a good discussion of your values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ever try learning the meaning of the very simple word C-H-O-I-C-E ? What is so difficult about that simple concept?
What is so difficult about understanding the inalienable right to life endowed by one's Creator, especially for those who quite literally are so innocent that they have no way to voice their choice from inside the womb?

When a woman wants the life growing inside of her it is a baby, when she does not, it is a "choice". How does that double standard work exactly?

The time for choice is with the practice of responsible controception control and fertility management prior to sexual intercourse, not choosing to terminate an inconvenient life.

Given the described content of the ad I suspect that human life is portrayed as something respected and the mass murder of humans is shown as a morally reprehensible act. Do you have a problem with that, seriously?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
If they do run it, which I doubt, stations do have their owns rights, incase you didn't know, but if they do it will only backfire on them, the outrage would kill their bid on the spot.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
I think that a video should show the civilian victims of bombs, like in Iraq and Afghanistan, the mass murder of humans is shown as a morally reprehensible act.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What is so difficult about understanding the inalienable right to life endowed by one's Creator, especially for those who quite literally are so innocent that they have no way to voice their choice from inside the womb?
Nothing. What is so difficult about understanding a fertilized egg is not a human being?

Quote:
When a woman wants the life growing inside of her it is a baby, when she does not, it is a "choice". How does that double standard work exactly?
1) A fertilizaed egg IS NOT a baby.

2) The double standard here is those who preach LESS governmengt in our lives yet are only too happy to call for more when it suits their agenda.

Quote:
The time for choice is with the practice of responsible controception control and fertility management prior to sexual intercourse, not choosing to terminate an inconvenient life.
No method of contraception is 100% effective. So you'd punish those who have it fail?

You're the one alleging Obama has taken a pro-abortion position. Please supply just ONE example where he's EVER stated women SHOUL have abortions. Until then we can only take your statement for the hyperbolic deliberate mis-statement that it is.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I think that a video should show the civilian victims of bombs, like in Iraq and Afghanistan, the mass murder of humans is shown as a morally reprehensible act.
Once people are ex-utero it just doesn't seem to bother the right what happens to them.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 PM

168 posts, read 142,907 times
Quote:

/snip

That's assuming the woman in question is a religious person. What about those who are not? What about those who think that a zygote is not alive, but merely potential for life, much the same way a sperm is?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
I think the late, great Bill Hicks nailed the abortion issue with one simple statement.

"You are not a person until you are in my phonebook"

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

168 posts, read 142,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think the late, great Bill Hicks nailed the abortion issue with one simple statement.

"You are not a person until you are in my phonebook"

"I have an unlisted cell phone"

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
That's assuming the woman in question is a religious person. What about those who are not? What about those who think that a zygote is not alive, but merely potential for life, much the same way a sperm is?
We have dozens of threads on abortion, this is about a superbowl ad. You are taking the thread way off-topic. Ditto to the rest as well. If you don't think the ad is appropriate, change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies