Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

Good LORD, there is a total lack of common sense here!

Whether Heinrich Himmler said he would, "gas the jews," or simply said he would, "exterminate the jews," does it really matter, for christ's sake???

Judge: Sir, you have killed a man. You took your hunting knife, sliced him to pieces, set fire to his remains, and buried what was left in a Glad garbage bag. Is that true?

Defendant: No, your honor... the bag was not the Glad brand.

Last edited by ChrisC; 10-06-2013 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Let's say I'm a "faithful" follower of my religion. Do you see any difference at all in me turning my back on you, not talking to you because you don't share my faith, or even discriminating against you, and me blowing you away with an AK-47 or beheading you? If not, you've taken your postmodernist theory English professors way too seriously.
Times changed and Israelis not longer stone women or seek Godly mandate to wipe out goat herders in a neighboring village, they just shoot missiles in a densely packed neighborhoods or bulldozer people from their homes. But you sacred scrolls remained the same, God mandated genocide is OK with your creed and English professors have nothing to do with that.

Quote:
If you are trying to point out that there are bad folks in every culture, religion, race, etc, we get that. But, you have to take scaling into account just a teeny, weenie little bit here.
Nope, I don't, I think that's understood by default. I'm trying to point out to the books of Torah and Talmud. Judaism is a religion of the Jewish supremacy, it allows (and it encourages) taking advantage of goyims, you personal preferences to ignore those aspects of your religion are just your preferences. Some rabbis have different views and some are even public about them:

" Non-Jews exist to serve Jews. goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world; only to serve the People of Israel."
Rabbi Ovadi Yosef.

Quote:
You're comparing the jewish religion to radical islam (and the nazis in this case, as it were). Where are these jew terrorists bombing and maiming around the world because you reject their religion?
It would be really strange for the orthodox Jewish terrorists to bomb others into accepting their religion considering that Jewish supremacy thing I was talking above. Radical Islam treats nonbelievers as equal (under certain conditions), radical Judaism treats nonbelievers as cattle sole purpose of which is to serve. That's a major difference.

As for the radical Islam terrorists, it's 99.99% economics & nationalism inspired movements, actual Religious components there are miniscule.

Quote:
Another thing you are not taking into account is that the written word is not static--especially if it originated several thousands of years ago. You do understand that those works have been retranslated over the millenia time and time again by hand, and each translation has a new addition of writer bias, right? You do realize that even the original scribes who wrote this stuff were injecting personal bias into it from day one? The most worthwhile concept you should have gotten out of those postmodernist theory English classes, you seem to have ignored or were sleeping in class that day.
Ah, context crutch, a favorite of the Christian fundamentalists. There is so much of "personal bias" one can inject into a genocide story. Besides, Jews have built entire religious culture around preservation of their holy texts, thousands people in each generation memorized entire thing by heart, there is not that much room for personal bias.

Quote:
The difference between someone who is sane looking at "scripture" and someone who is insane looking at "scripture" (take your pick as to which scripture) is that the sane reader reads it with common sense. The sane reader goes through and picks out the good, positive, uplifting messages (and there are such messages in all scripture unless you are reading satanic verse or something) and ****cans the parts that common sense would indicate is BS thrown in there by someone with an agenda.
Spiritual buffet in other words, you are the ultimate judge what to pick and what to ignore (in the light of criminal law and common sense it inspires). If so, why don't you look for something uplifting in Quran too, since you make your own religion anyway, just roam around and suck anything "uplifting" you can find?

Quote:
You know damn well, if you have any common sense, that a "god" (again, take your pick besides satan) is not going to tell his "children" (you) to kill anyone who isn't just like you. Anyone with an ounce of common sense and decency would know that,
Ultimate BS. Since the time immemorial religions and gods of all sorts were used to legitimate countless wars and atrocities.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:

Whether Heinrich Himmler said he would, "gas the jews," or simply said he would, "exterminate the jews," does it really matter, for christ's sake???

Judge: Sir, you have killed a man. You took your hunting knife, sliced him to pieces, set fire to his remains, and buried what was left in a Glad garbage bag. Is that true?

Defendant: No, your honor... the bag was not the Glad brand.
Apparently it does. But some people need to be right about everything. Even with pictures of banners in english are ignored.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Radical Islam treats nonbelievers as equal (under certain conditions).
In a way, I guess I have to agree with you. Dead and dead are equally dead conditions, I suppose.

You know, if you are female and saying these things, I REALLY feel sorry for you. Open your eyes, girl. If you are a male, well I guess you are like most males. You'd fit right in, wouldn't you?

Quote:
As for the radical Islam terrorists, it's 99.99% economics & nationalism inspired movements, actual Religious components there are miniscule.
This is fantasy.

Quote:
Ah, context crutch, a favorite of the Christian fundamentalists. There is so much of "personal bias" one can inject into a genocide story. Besides, Jews have built entire religious culture around preservation of their holy texts, thousands people in each generation memorized entire thing by heart, there is not that much room for personal bias.
Try an experiment with a chain of people, each "memorizing" even the smallest little tidbit of info and passing it along to the next in the chain. Compare the info at Alpha to the information at Omega and get back with me on that. People are not computers. You tell me how much it changed. Someone who can't even remember to zip his fly is going to memorize ten-thousand pages of "god's word" from four thousand years ago? Sure. Interested in buying a bridge?

I suppose it might be that you are too trusting in man's competence and honesty. EVERY speck of filth our species "flatulates" is biased. Worse, when you are working with written text, anyone can say anything. There is no such thing as "non-fiction." You may as well be reading Stephen King, because you'll get just as much fact. Maybe more.

Quote:
Spiritual buffet in other words, you are the ultimate judge what to pick and what to ignore (in the light of criminal law and common sense it inspires). If so, why don't you look for something uplifting in Quran too, since you make your own religion anyway, just roam around and suck anything "uplifting" you can find?
I don't need to see what anyone else wrote or did not write. I trust myself. And so far I haven't beheaded anyone or posed for publicity photos in a tacky-ass little black scarf with a little pirate flag waving over my stupid little head and an AK-47 in my hands like some kind of demented, dangerous little two-year old punk who thinks he's the "chosen one" and should force his wholly psychotic vision of what the world should be onto everyone else.

Speaking of Stephen King, where is Carrie when we need her? She's just as real as your idea of 100% accuracy of four-thousand-year-old hearsay. She could straighten out the mess that is forced upon the rest of us rather quickly.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
Is Al Qaeda a threat to America?

You realize Iran fights back with terrorism....

You can't effectively nuke terror cells.

We have thousands of useless nukes.... we have millions of enemies.... and endless wars.

think about it.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Since the concept of a "country" is just 200 years old +/-, how that could be? Human race has been at war for ALL of its pre- and recorded history.
The concept of a country is 200+/- years old ?? Really? You need to let most of Europe know about this, China too.

A large portion of the "middle-east" was once "Israel" until the waring Arab nations stole it.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:04 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It's been widely reported that Israel has approximately 400 nuclear warheads, with the ability to deliver them by Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, aircraft and submarines. And, in addition to it's nuclear arsenal, Israel has the 3rd or 4th strongest Air Force in the world, with over 1,600 fighter, bomber and attack aircraft.

Iran a threat to Israel? I don't think so.
This post is a reminder about how context is everything Because you left out the main point...Israel is a democratic nation and doesnt make frequent public announcements about wanting to kill off other nations, how Iran does.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM

408 posts, read 393,299 times
Quote:
There certainly is.

Quote:
I made a *specific* point regarding Ahmedinejad's *specific* words on a *specific* occasion. So yes, it really matters.

My post-opponent seems unable to grasp that particular distinction and also seem driven to demand that the incident be considered as part of a pattern of behavior. I have been quite clear in saying that I *recognize* the pattern of behavior, but that the *specific* incident of which I spoke does not match the popular claim that received play here in the West.

I've made a very simple and specific point. At least one poster here seems extremely upset by it and unable to deal with it.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Stay classy professor.
Pay closer attention next time, young man.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
But some people need to be right about everything.
It's not a *need.* It's just a fact.

Quote:
Even with pictures of banners in english are ignored.
(laughing)

Oh, well, banners. If you have *banners,* then that *has* to mean he said what's on them, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies