Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Or maybe he should have just passed out appropriate cards & candies that didn't blatantly proselytize or foist his mother's religious views on his classmates.
And perhaps the High School should have passed on the Love Fest and concentrated on college prep course academics instead of drunken sex prep instruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Default The comments after the article are interesting.

[LEFT]Most Popular Comments

[/LEFT]
[[LEFT]More brainwashing posing as tolerance. No wonder so many parents reject liberal public schools.[/LEFT]

[[LEFT]
We have a 50% drop-out rate at high schools and we are teaching them how to put a condom on a cucumber? That will certainly get you into the best colleges. They come out of school dumb and dumber. It is no wonder they need remedial help when applying to community colleges.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]shksabelle

Wonder who would show up for a Math and Science "fest". This is just pathetic. We are doomed[/LEFT]

Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
[LEFT]Many students admitted they decided to participate after teachers said they would get extra credit.

Good way to indoctrinate---give extra credit. Geesh.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I agree! Another Really Stupid Meaningless Holiday makes people do stupid things like preach religion at a PUBLIC school...the cooky kid's parents are morons....

If nobody ever sent you a Valentine, I guess it would be.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Those darn catholic priests seem to have them out numbered though, don't you think. Yet they are still held in such high esteem.
Currently there are hundreds of known "female" teachers who've had sex with their students, both male and female. That's within the past few years. Not as headline grabbing as the priest scandal was about ten to twenty years ago but still an alarming number.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
The big list: Female teachers with students

Here's one list of just the known female predator teachers.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And no mention about the drunken sex simulation done by the high school ?
Why? I don't think teaching safer sex is a bad thing, and learning to put on a condom while impaired seemed to teach a good lesson - if you can't get it on, don't GET IT ON!

Hey, that was pretty clever of me.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
All same sex couples are end of the line for that branch of the family (unless they were in a hetero relationship producing children before later becoming confused).
I guess you've never heard of surrogacy or sperm donors? Oh, and you're also assuming these folks don't have siblings.

Who really cares, anyway? I think we have enough starving people in this world, and children rotting away in foster care... no need for everyone to reproduce, in fact that would only hasten the decline of our environment.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We have a 50% drop-out rate at high schools and we are teaching them how to put a condom on a cucumber?
Logic fails some people, huh? I'll explain - if we teach teens how to properly use condoms, the dropout rates might actually fall! Do you know the statistics on teen parents and their academic futures? I'd have to research the actual numbers, but I know a high percentage end up dropping out after the baby is born. So if you're really that concerned about these rates, I'd think you would applaud efforts to reduce teen pregnancies.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Btw, according to the article this event "tried to promote acceptance and tolerance at school and safe decisions in the intimate moments that could happen at that age."

Call me crazy, but that seems like a MUCH more crucial message than "Jesus loves you" - especially when we're talking about urban high school students, in a city with an incredibly diverse population. We have our share of Christians around here, but they're far less of a majority than in most American regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies