Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Another thread bashing schools and teachers. Do some people spend hours searching the internet for these types of stories?
Yes, they do.....remember, educators were one of the first groups Fascists attacked....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, they do.....remember, educators were one of the first groups Fascists attacked....
The elitists are the ones that are fascist beause they think they are better then everone else just because they've been educated. Books and schooling aint everything. (sarcasm)

Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
Hey, ya, good point....these conservatives who don't live in the area should really mind their own business....or do they want the Federal government to get bigger and control what schools do just to make them happy....
The Federal Government IS getting bigger and this is the direction it is headed in with regard to sex education in the public schools. Nobody's telling San Francisco what they can or can't do unless it crosses the line of Pedophilia, which it seems to be close to doing. It is a wake up call to parents who care about their kids and don't want these inappropriate activities coming to their school next.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,929 times
I understand that not everybody is into religion or even believes in God. I personally don't like it when someone pushes their religious values on me, but the kid is in second grade! Who cares if he put "Jesus Loves You" on a stupid Valentine, (yes, a way over-rated day to begin with),. To those that don't believe, eat your damn candy and disregard the stupid Bible verse. You know, if that child would've put "Allah Loves You" on the Valentine they probably would've never been confiscated. And we wonder why our education system sucks?! Our schools are worrying about valentine's slogans and having mock-marriages!

A couple of you mentioned the show "Teen Mom." I've watched it enough to figure out that it makes heroes out of these girls more than it does to discourage teen pregnancy. The girls on it are train-wrecks along with their boyfriends/ baby's fathers.

Yes I agree the parents need to talk about the consequences of sex NOT the schools

Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times
Quote:
I think you meant, "Educators were one of the first groups [b]Fascists Targeted...as messengers of their propaganda"

Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
The Federal Government IS getting bigger and this is the direction it is headed in with regard to sex education in the public schools. Nobody's telling San Francisco what they can or can't do unless it crosses the line of Pedophilia, which it seems to be close to doing. It is a wake up call to parents who care about their kids and don't want these inappropriate activities coming to their school next.
It makes me wonder if more privatization of schooling, like Holland, in the US wouldn't be such a bad thing

Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I think you meant, "Educators were one of the first groups Fascists Targeted."
So teachers are Fascist??? Let's burn all the books!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
A Valentine card between two students is not a Constitutional issue.

Since the left is so "tolerant," I would think you would be outraged at this. This was a great opportunity for the other students to learn and understand the beliefs of another group....

Old 02-17-2012, 09:10 AM

410 posts, read 342,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Or maybe he should have just passed out appropriate cards & candies that didn't blatantly proselytize or foist his mother's religious views on his classmates.
Freedom of speech. I know liberals are against it, but we have that in this country.

I don't want sexual topics foisted on my children.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Kids are having sex earlier and earlier which is very disturbing. But don't blame the teachers for their poor academics. Their education starts with the parents. Some parents are in such denial and have no idea what their "angel" really does. These kids need to know about condoms and birth control and drinking. Parents need to teach them that but many don't. Is it wrong for schools to teach this. The ones that say yes are probably the ones that haven't had this conservation with their child.
And seriously, who cares about the mock marriages.
Wrong! I do NOT agree with the schools teaching sex education like this, and not only have we had discussions with my two teen boys about sex, but they both know that if they will never have to buy condoms as long as they live in our house. We will provide them for them.... however, we've also discussed the emotional, physical, and possible financial consequences of sex as well. We don't condone the idea of them having sex, but we also don't want them dying or relying on the girl to keep them from having babies!

I totally disagree with the mock marriages as well. WTF! Why are they promoting teen marriage!?! It's like SF just wants to be "friends" with kids instead of teaching them any real world responsibility!

Also, as a PAGAN I see NO problem with the CHILD bringing in "jesus loves you" valentines. It was a sweet gesture done by a child, NOT the public school! I just don't understand why people have a problem with honest, sincere, loving messages.. just because it has "Jesus" in it, doesn't make it bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies