Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:34 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowneline View Post
I'm not judging, I'm just curious for an answer. I was reading this article in the LA Times this morning:

Poll: Primary battle has hurt GOP's image among young, non-whites - latimes.com

Maybe it correlates with religion. I'm guessing, but it seems those without college degrees are more likely to be evangelical, and thus identify with Republicans on social issues.
Plain and simple they are far more easily brainwashed. I don't like Obama, I think he has just been a crappy President, but that's it. I don't FEAR him, i don't believe he is some secret undercover terrorist out to destroy America. To believe that you truely have to be either 1. A nut, or 2. Just dumb beyond belief. Most of these people are #2. They typically don't have any kind of a real job that requires a lot of focus, so they have LOTS and LOTS of time to listen to talk radio and Fox News. Add that to the fact that they are typically not doing too well in life, due to their stupidity, they get all pumped up on talk-radio and blame blacks, enviromentalists, women, etc. for all their problems.

The plumber that gets laid off, listens to Rush for 25hrs a week and he's out of a job because all of the sudden the gov't has purposely done all sorts of things to make his employer have to fire him. It has nothing to do with the fact his employer sucked to begin with, it has nothing to do with the fact the owner of his company is living in a 600k house and is more concerned with keeping up that lifestyle....No he listens to Rush for 4hrs and thinks its all Obamas fault because he really isn't an 'American' and loves terrorists.

Nevermind the 'top terrorist' was finally killed under his watch, and not under Bush, it doesn't matter because whats 'really in his heart', according to the talk-radiots and Faux News, Obama didn't really want Bin Laden dead!

So that's why the typical Republican supporter is a complete moron. They are just stupid hicks pissed off that they are living in a trailer or their mom's basement, and now that there's a 'negro' as President, it's all his fault. Nevermind, the fact they were living in the same trailer while 'jesus sent' Bush was President, they just can't do any better in life because of the negros and democrats...That is the way they place blame for their failure!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Why do voters without high school diplomas overwhelmingly favor Democrats?

Btw, McCain took the "voters with at least a bachelors degree" demographic.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,414,424 times
Quote:
I'm not judging, I'm just curious for an answer. I was reading this article in the LA Times this morning:

Maybe it correlates with religion. I'm guessing, but it seems those without college degrees are more likely to be evangelical, and thus identify with Republicans on social issues.
The source of the article should tell you something, but maybe not.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We've been over this before.

Half of all high school drop-outs vote for Democrats.

More than one third of those with Bachelor degrees vote for Republicans.

It's all here...

Party Affiliation Versus Education Level | The Quantum Pontiff

.....And those with incomes over 250,000yr and white and those with incomes under 50,000yr, white, with no degrees and highly religious vote republican so what is your point

Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Plain and simple they are far more easily brainwashed. I don't like Obama, I think he has just been a crappy President, but that's it. I don't FEAR him, i don't believe he is some secret undercover terrorist out to destroy America. To believe that you truely have to be either 1. A nut, or 2. Just dumb beyond belief. Most of these people are #2. They typically don't have any kind of a real job that requires a lot of focus, so they have LOTS and LOTS of time to listen to talk radio and Fox News. Add that to the fact that they are typically not doing too well in life, due to their stupidity, they get all pumped up on talk-radio and blame blacks, enviromentalists, women, etc. for all their problems.

The plumber that gets laid off, listens to Rush for 25hrs a week and he's out of a job because all of the sudden the gov't has purposely done all sorts of things to make his employer have to fire him. It has nothing to do with the fact his employer sucked to begin with, it has nothing to do with the fact the owner of his company is living in a 600k house and is more concerned with keeping up that lifestyle....No he listens to Rush for 4hrs and thinks its all Obamas fault because he really isn't an 'American' and loves terrorists.

Nevermind the 'top terrorist' was finally killed under his watch, and not under Bush, it doesn't matter because whats 'really in his heart', according to the talk-radiots and Faux News, Obama didn't really want Bin Laden dead!

So that's why the typical Republican supporter is a complete moron. They are just stupid hicks pissed off that they are living in a trailer or their mom's basement, and now that there's a 'negro' as President, it's all his fault. Nevermind, the fact they were living in the same trailer while 'jesus sent' Bush was President, they just can't do any better in life because of the negros and democrats...That is the way they place blame for their failure!
Yep, agreed

Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,803 times
Quote:

That is true in a sense. For me, it is because more people are educated and therefore, able to make more sound and educated decisions. If I was not educated, I would believe what was said on the news via web or TV, however, I am now able to discern when the media is trying to make me go one way vs. another. I don't like it because it is a form of manipulation and I can recognize it, however, a lot of people cannot.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I'm not trying to imply that. In fact, I'm not trying to argue anything, I'm just citing the article. For the most part, intelligence is something you are born with, not something you learn in school. In school, you learn skills, habits and facts -- and are pushed into realizing your born intelligance.

And, a college degree is not worthless piece of paper. It's pretty common knowledge that those with college degrees earn much more over their lifetimes then those without -- generally speaking. Going to college does not make you more intelligence, but it gives you skills and a background that makes employers want to pay your more. That is a fact.

Also, those posters who proclaim to refute the survey by proclaiming that they are college-educated, and republican. That is of not much help. Even considering survey data, there are millions like you. That doesn't take away from the fact that you are in the minority.
Intelligence is not something you are born with. It is something that can be expanded upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Most institutions of higher learning are overwhelmingly liberal. The indoctrination starts there.

So it isn't any suprprise that when students graduate from those very universities, their thinking starts to reflect the views of that institution.
That's funny. The professors at my university are 50/50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Exactly.....

How many people go to college and bury themselves in loans...for useless, unproductive, state overhead jobs.

You have these 25 year old females that are case workers and have their Masters in psychology or sociology and don't even know where their pay comes from... or think they are more accomplished than a garbage man because they passed a false barrier.

Even better is you have tenured 1st grade teachers...or music teachers.. or ESL teachers that think they are on equal footing as those in the math and science field.

Hilarious it is.
They are in equal footing. It has nothing to do with how much one makes. Anyone that has a professional career is all in the same boat.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
A lot of colleges are liberal, especially with the liberal professors that brainwash students.
Obviously, you have never been to a college or university. They don't "brainwash" people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
PhDs actually mean diddly squat. They are worthless outside theoretical academia. Most extreme leftists have PhDs because they've been brainwashed their whole school career and then in turn brain wash others into their warped fantasy liberal world view as teachers and professors.
Again, there is no brainwashing involved. One of my professors was a republican and he and I had some very interesting conversations, but he never once tried to get me to believe in what he did or tell me why I should.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Intelligence is not something you are born with. It is something that can be expanded upon.

That's funny. The professors at my university are 50/50.

They are in equal footing. It has nothing to do with how much one makes. Anyone that has a professional career is all in the same boat.
They are on equal footing?

I'm sorry, a music teacher and "arts" are not as vital to society as a math or science teacher and their respective fields.

Not even close....Why should they be paid with peers of equal tenure?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Resurrecting a thread that is over a year old is a sign of intelligence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies