Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is interesting because I have not met anyone who both has a PhD and is a complete moron. On the other hand I have met many complete morons who think they are smarter and know better then folks with PhDs.
Ain't that the truth.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is interesting because I have not met anyone who both has a PhD and is a complete moron.
Get out and meet more people....Not only do I know several, I have one in my family.

Quote:
On the other hand I have met many complete morons who think they are smarter and know better then folks with PhDs.
There are plenty of these people who exist....But there are indeed plenty of folks who are indeed more intelligent and capable than their better accomplished counterparts...probably more than you care to acknowledge.

Your comment would have been a little more honest if you said that people with PhD's are more diligent on a whole....That would undoubtedly be true.

You also should consider that many people who have had access to the path to a PhD are involved in legacy admissions and/or come from wealth.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
In my book, anybody who allows himself to go into hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan debt in order to get a worthless piece of paper that has never guaranteed him a good paying job (liberal arts degrees, lol) makes the college 'elite' the dummies.
That's exactly it. Democrats run on you not having to pay off your chosen debts, that someone else will pay your debts for you.

Those "highly" educated, besides having just left a liberal fantasy world known as college, see democrats with dollar signs in their eyes.

Then, of course, when they get jobs and start to make money and grow up, they turn libertarian and/or republican because those debts were never paid for by anyone else (because the U.S. doesn't have the money to fulfill ******* fantasy campaign rhetoric).

Old 03-16-2012, 05:56 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
delete this please lol, wrong forum

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 03-16-2012 at 06:06 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowneline View Post
I'm not judging, I'm just curious for an answer. I was reading this article in the LA Times this morning:

Poll: Primary battle has hurt GOP's image among young, non-whites - latimes.com

Maybe it correlates with religion. I'm guessing, but it seems those without college degrees are more likely to be evangelical, and thus identify with Republicans on social issues.
Having advanced degrees correlates with having a higher IQ.

Lower IQ voters are more prone to rely on political rhetoric than to use on their own analytical skills to research mildly complex issues.

To be blunt, they don't have the intellect to vote in their own family's self interest as defined properly.

Goes hand in hand with religiosity, the lowest IQ nations are the most religious nations. The highest IQ nations rate the most secular.

Last edited by padcrasher; 03-16-2012 at 06:43 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 07:25 AM

417 posts, read 365,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You would be called a populist or Rino based on that comment, right?

You are a John McCain fan?

Not at all. Your narrow-minded view of politics would lead you to that though.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowneline View Post
I'm not judging, I'm just curious for an answer. I was reading this article in the LA Times this morning:

Poll: Primary battle has hurt GOP's image among young, non-whites - latimes.com

Maybe it correlates with religion. I'm guessing, but it seems those without college degrees are more likely to be evangelical, and thus identify with Republicans on social issues.
This is a VERY old argument, and has been shown to be pointless many times. Well... It does show that colleges and universities are liberal spawning grounds, but that's not really anything to brag about.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
This is NOT true at all. What about all the poor who vote Democrat? They have degrees too?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
GOP is usually someone who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth, whereas Democrats who are born poor only have education as an option to bootstrap themselves up out of poverty.

Yes, and the moon is made out of cheese.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
Its because of the media....liberals control the media. Media Matters is looking for young college students.
They are out to destroy the conservatives!
Hmmm, beck, hannity, oxyrush and murdoch and not to mention the koch head brothers are all democrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies