Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can relate because I am Black I was frequently bullied by many White kids. I was even shot with a paintball gun by one kid. I rarely ever informed the proper authorities about it because I labored under this paradigm: "The burden of proof is on YOU. If you snitch, if you tell the teachers, principal or police about some kids throwing rocks at you, shooting you with a paintball gun, or punching you in a classroom, you better have proof".

That being said, anyone who commits a hate crime, Black, White, Hispanic, whoever it is, needs to be punished and sent to prison. No exceptions. I say take the criminals in those flash mobs to prison.
White people aren't racist. They are the savior of the black race and are trying to help set them straight.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM

210 posts, read 251,310 times
Interesting how all of these flash mobs happen in the racial utopias of the north and west and never happen in the evil racist dirty south.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Interesting how all of these flash mobs happen in the racial utopias of the north and west and never happen in the evil racist dirty south.
It's because the South isn't smart enough to use Social Media. A Flash Mob is a different sort than these idiots.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
It's because the South isn't smart enough to use Social Media. A Flash Mob is a different sort than these idiots.
Yeah, we also talk slow and use the proper contraction of you all, so it makes sense we are all too stupid to know how to use a computer. I'm the exception, I feel special.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Black folk in the South are too shook to confront white folks as brazenly as they do in other parts of the country. Someone may shoot them.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
White people aren't racist. They are the savior of the black race and are trying to help set them straight.
Really? Are you being sarcastic, or do you mean this?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM

I think sarcastic, look where he quotes me. Also sarcastic.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Black folk in the South are too shook to confront white folks as brazenly as they do in other parts of the country. Someone may shoot them.
Disagree. We've been there, and done that, and realize that it's not conducive to a harmonious future. Looks like maybe the rest of the country is going through our trials. For the most part, we get along around here.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually, southern cities have been hit too. Teaxs cities have also been hit.

Smash-and-grab burglars target downtown liquor store *| ajc.com
Video shows teens mob clerk, rob convenience store in Red Bird area of Dallas | Crime Blog | dallasnews.com
http://violentflashmobs.com/files/images/0809111319.jpg
First Fridays organizers consider changes after recent problems | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Mob rush of Dallas store caught on camera | khou.com Houston
Smash-and-grab burglars hit downtown boutique *| ajc.com
'Borderline riot' at Alabama Adventure theme park sends police in, park guests out | al.com
Teens Charged in FOX13 News Team Attack | MyFox Memphis | Fox 13 News (http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/crime/012711-teens-charged-in-fox13-news-team-attack - broken link)
Six people from six states charged after group robbery of Birmingham service station | al.com
6 robbery suspects caught on New Orleans crime camera | NOLA.com

Why it keeps happening, I can't answer, as I don't know those persons. I live in the suburbs in northern Cobb County, in the Atlanta area. I rarely make trips into the city, and when I do so, it's during the daytime. I have never actually witnessed any of the flash mobs, as I am rarely ever in the city.

I wondered why it didn't happen in the South. Actually, after a google search, I found out this stuff was happening. I just wasn't hearing about it. I don't watch the news, so I usually have no way of knowing. I'm not looking for this kind of news.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Disagree. We've been there, and done that, and realize that it's not conducive to a harmonious future. Looks like maybe the rest of the country is going through our trials. For the most part, we get along around here.
Maybe it's because of what I went through in high school, but sometimes I disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies