Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Let me ask you something! Since you have a problem with foreigners who come here and can't do it legally because they don't have the money, I have but one query for you. What Indian Tribe do you belong to? And don't tell me something like, "Uh! Duh! Well I think I might be part Cherokee." Do you live on an actual reservation?
Oh geez, not the old native indian argument again. Total fail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're mistaken, what you think is cheering is just more frustration and anger. People are angry that our tax dollars are being wasted on programs like the Chevy Volt. If Obama had actually saved the auto industry the US tax payers wouldn't have to subsidize ever Chevy Volt that Chevy makes.

Nobody cheers when unemployment goes up, again you're confused. People are angry that Obama and his mindless followers do whatever they can to fudge employment numbers to make him seem less like a complete failure.

I don't hate Obama, I hate his lies and his political agenda. I hate the ignorance found among his supporters and I hate stupid people who will vote for him no matter what he does or fails to do.

Oh thank you so much, for the truth. Just hit a homerun. It is not that we hate Obama the man, get your facts straight please.
It is Obama's agenda, the ignorance surrounded with thsoe who vote for him, based solely on color, ignorant to the core.
That does not help the rest of us when people vote just because, thanks a hell of a hot, look at where we now are as a economy. Just because.
It is because those very things he said he would not do, he has. The promise of a new era of bringing people together, with Hope n' Change was sincerely garbage. Stupid waste of tax dollars, and this man can spend.
There is a division of people like i have not seen in such a long time since Obama has been elected.
If Obama loves America, why just stop beating around the Bush, and not former President Bush, and own up to his own mistakes.
I hate people who point fingers at others, and come up with some doozie lies, to take the heat off of himself, hate it.
If he loves America, give us safe borders, and stop the illegals coming here.
If he loves America, love us all the same and equal.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is a fascinating pathology amongst the left. My theory is it it a bit of projection. They view criticizing Obama and his policies as hate. Of course, it may be that the are full of hate themselves. What they fail to understand is, those on the right have a view of how government works. When they see policies that they disagree with promulgated, they will speak out against them.
When Bush was president for those 8 hellyears, I never once wished for something to fail if it hurt America.

That would have been like me hoping that the WMD would evade Bush (oh that's right, THEY DID) or his "No Child Left Behind" idea would fail (OH THAT'S RIGHT, IT DID).

I never once cheered one of his failures, I just counted the days when he would go away.

But republicans outright cheer when America fails just because their guy isn't in office.

If the Seals would have failed to capture/kill Bin Laden, I guarantee you republicans on this board would have been giddy with happiness and cheering the failure.

Yep, nice patriots.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
"Do most republicans hate Obama more than they love America?"

The question might more properly have been, "Do most republicans hate Obama more than they hate America?"

Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I know. I won't even bother answering such a silly and off-topic "question."

Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM

758 posts, read 591,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well it is pertinent to this conversation whether you like it or not. It's real easy to disregard it when neither you nor anyone else here was alive during the Trail of Tears. When was the last time you visited an Indian reservation? I'm not talking about one like the Navajo Reservation, either. I mean one like the majority of them which resembles a third world country. Many of those white people came over here illegally from Europe, too. If he were alive today, Andrew Jackson would've been tried for war crimes in The Hague and locked up next to Slobodan Milosevic.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM

758 posts, read 591,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I know. I won't even bother answering such a silly and off-topic "question."
Or maybe you're trying to dance around the question because it's easy for you to claim ignorance rather than give a straight answer in return.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
For Republicans, 'loving America' means:
hating non-conformists,
people that ask too many questions,
anyone who challenges the Status Quo and established religion,
and just about all minorities.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Wow! That's surprising to hear from another Texan, but thanks for hitting the nail on the head. You're talking about Rush Limbaugh, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, and many others.
Would it be surprising if I said that this Texan was a 23 year old black male from SW Fort Worth?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When Bush was president for those 8 hellyears, I never once wished for something to fail if it hurt America.

That would have been like me hoping that the WMD would evade Bush (oh that's right, THEY DID) or his "No Child Left Behind" idea would fail (OH THAT'S RIGHT, IT DID).

I never once cheered one of his failures, I just counted the days when he would go away.

But republicans outright cheer when America fails just because their guy isn't in office.

If the Seals would have failed to capture/kill Bin Laden, I guarantee you republicans on this board would have been giddy with happiness and cheering the failure.

Yep, nice patriots.
Huh? That's a nutty proposition. I kmow of no one who cheers the failure of the US. I believe you are confused.

You seem to believe because the right believes his programs will lead to failure, and then point out that they were right. It Is the same as hoping for failure. We all know the sun will rise in the east, when someone comes along and tries to tell us it will rise in the west tomorrow. We are wrong for pointing out he was wrong when it rises in the east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies