Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Refer to post #25.
Republicans love authority, conformism, and materialism.
Freedom, choice and OPPORTUNITY.

It is the democrats/liberals that want everything "equal", socially and economically.

And if it's not (which it has NEVER been), they will take someone else's money and give it to the slackers, the leeches, the freeloaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,007,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I second this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll 3rd it!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,992,317 times
The R party followers have little to base their "love" of America on. They Hate the Gov't....they hate taxes which support the Country. They Love War which weakens us financially and morally and they all care for one thing only.....Their own money......Just read Ayn Rand and her philosophy of objectivism. Is that the kind of community you want to live in? One driven by money and greed and personal self preservation by any means necessary?

It is like Ghandi said about Christians..." I like your Christ, not your Christians.....I like America just not Americans.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Freedom, choice and OPPORTUNITY.

It is the democrats/liberals that want everything "equal", socially and economically.

And if it's not (which it has NEVER been), they will take someone else's money and give it to the slackers, the leeches, the freeloaders.
UNTRUE......They want to ensure that the most powerful do not continue to monopolize everything so they can reap all the spoils while YOU and everyone like you get left in the cold.......

Learn to swim.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they do. I see them cheering when the Chevy Volt struggled at first simply because Obama has received credit for saving the American Auto Industry (and deserves that credit).

I see them cheering when the unemployment rate goes up and the stock market goes down, even though that means that America is bleeding.

So do they hate Obama more than they love America? I think so.
Do MOST, I doubt it, do Many, Yes.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,934,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
UNTRUE......They want to ensure that the most powerful do not continue to monopolize everything so they can reap all the spoils while YOU and everyone like you get left in the cold.......

Learn to swim.
democrats (specifically, liberals) can't use that playbook anymore since obama became president-because obama has been the best friend that the wealthy and connected have ever had, and he has been bush on steroids with illegal immigration, foreign aid, wars and war killing.

the rich got their bailouts and their bonuses, and the poor and middle class got the bill.

obama probably took away more freedom from americans than any president we have ever had.

they better stick to the republicans hate women angle.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,491,244 times
Quote:
I think they do. I see them cheering when the Chevy Volt struggled at first simply because Obama has received credit for saving the American Auto Industry (and deserves that credit).

I see them cheering when the unemployment rate goes up and the stock market goes down, even though that means that America is bleeding.

Sadly, yes, for the most part. But then they have the gall to get on their high horse and call us unpatriotic, and traitors, and haters of the Constitution. It's that hypocrisy and arrogance that's the worst of all.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
democrats can't use that playbook anymore since obama became president, since obama has been the best friend that the wealthy and connected have ever had, and he has been bush on steroids with illegal immigration, foreign aid, wars and war killing.

they better stick to the republicans hate women angle.
One person does not change the ideology of an entire people.

Obama is a conservative wearing a Liberal suit. The people who disagree are just to dumb or ignorant to notice.

Republicans in office and on the street make their views completely well known. They hate the poor even though many of them are in fact poor themselves, they are sexist, they are intolerant of other religions beside Christianity, they are PRO war, PRO imperialism, PRO Plutocracy.......

The R party is an Enigma. They have feared their voters into voting against their own best interest in the hopes that they will, through their own sheer will and determination squeak out a miserable existence and be satisfied.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,379,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Obama is a conservative wearing a Liberal suit. The people who disagree are just to dumb or ignorant to notice.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that.

I'd say he's a left-leaning moderate, that has been forced to be a bit more conservative by a Republican House.

But I would agree that he's not particularly "hard-core" either way.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM

758 posts, read 592,240 times
Quote:

Yes, I'm afraid so. They not only hate Barack Obama, but they hate seeing hope because it's the only thing more powerful than fear. They also hate minorities, women, the working class, non-Christians, college students, homosexuals, and anyone else who isn't wealthy, white, Christian, straight, male. Not all of them are like that, but most of the ones I've known fit at least half that criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies