Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Well, you seem to be a staunch republican supporter and believe liberals are evil (I don't get this outright partison support-I usually just pick the guy I think will do the best job). I also see how much you like to point out so called Black leaders/ Black racists- Al Sharpton, Jesse,etc... you say you have great black neighbors, is it impossible to think that there are millions more like them in this country. I have voted republican in local elections here in GA but I also voted for Obama, does that make me a "mindless plantation slave" because I liked Obamas policies over McCain's. Some of your post just come off as insensitive and ignorant.
Hahaha!

95% of blacks who voted, voted for Obama. They did NOT vote for Obama because of Obama's policies and platforms. They voted for him because he's black. THAT is IGNORANT.

That being said, what has Obama - as President - done for blacks in America?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I think your time would be better served making excuses somewhere else. It doesn't take very long to get "on" to your game, and simply shut you off as irrelevant.
I haven't made a single "excuse" for African Americans in the four years that I've been on this forum. But I will challenge the racist post when they are raised. As for the problems that African American face, I don't believe in discussing family issues outside of the kitchen and this forum is definitely not my kitchen.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:03 PM

366 posts, read 775,061 times
Default Prior to 1932 the majority of Black Americans were Republicans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I like Allen Keyes,West,and Condolezza Rice. I think they are great role models.
Not that I have anything against Obama,but African Americans are more culturally closer to then(all are black americans,where Obama is half Kenyan,half white).

I know Obama will go down in history as the first black american president,but it would have been cool to have Condi as the first black american female.

I admit,I don't like Clarence Thomas. Sorry.
The Republican Party was the party of Abe Lincoln, aka, the Emancipator. Therefore, it was a given that Black Americans would vote Republican. It wasn't until FDR and the New Deal that Black Americans became core supporters of the Democratic Party. However, many remained faithful to the GOP until it, being the Republican Party, started to align itself with the Dixiecrats and other factions of States' Rights.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
No, not really.

It's actually evidence that you just got your arse handed to you in a basket, and all you can do is guffaw.

Anybody who believes that President Obama is getting more crap than President Bush got is a complete and utter moron.
Name calling is not allowed. I wish it was though. I could run about 15 off right now

Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I haven't made a single "excuse" for African Americans in the four years that I've been on this forum. But I will challenge the racist post when they are raised. As for the problems that African American face, I don't believe in discussing family issues outside of the kitchen and this forum is definitely not my kitchen.
Oh you're one of those, you know there's a problem but you want to keep up appearances with whitey. How disingenuous.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
The Republican Party was the party of Abe Lincoln, aka, the Emancipator. Therefore, it was a given that Black Americans would vote Republican. It wasn't until FDR and the New Deal that Black Americans became core supporters of the Democratic Party. However, many remained faithful to the GOP until it, being the Republican Party, started to align itself with the Dixiecrats and other factions of States' Rights.
Someone knows their history.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Hahaha!

95% of blacks who voted, voted for Obama. They did NOT vote for Obama because of Obama's policies and platforms. They voted for him because he's black. THAT is IGNORANT.

Slightly incorrect, in the general they voted for him because he was a Democrat. In the primary they voted for him because he was Black.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Hahaha!

Can you name any effort or initiative the John McCain used to appeal to Black American voters during the 2008 election campaign?

Did John McCain spend a substantial amount of time, effort, or resources appealing to the Black American votes during the 2008 election campaign?

It's REALLY ignorant to vote for a political party that at best ignores you or at worst tolerates amongst its supporters people who actively degrade and insult you (i.e. Rush Limbaugh amongst others) without speaking out against them.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Wow. Talk about a steaming load of BS.

I've read your posts. A lot of them. You're a race-baiter. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Can you name any effort or initiative the John McCain used to appeal to Black American voters during the 2008 election campaign?

Did John McCain spend a substantial amount of time, effort, or resources appealing to the Black American votes during the 2008 election campaign?

It's REALLY ignorant to vote for a political party that at best ignores you or at worst tolerates amongst its supporters people who actively degrade and insult you (i.e. Rush Limbaugh amongst others) without speaking out against them.
Roughly 50% of white voters voted for Obama.
95% of black voters (actually 95+%) voted for Obama.

Spin it any way you want to try to spin it. Blacks voted AS A BLOCK for Obama, because Obama is black. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies