Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I see your point; however, the argument is not whether she was at fault. The argument is whether the shooter was also at fault. In most states, you can't protect property using deadly force unless you are in fear of your life, which seems to be the case here. The reason for the laws are because our society does not place property above the value of human life.
My point on that is you don't know what the shooter was feeling at that time, he may have been very afraid for his life. He sure couldn't read their minds. If someone broke into my property with me there I would fear for my life wouldn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:19 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,040 times
Quote:
I think it is beyond you, the irony.
Of course it isn't beyond me, your insult was just predictable and dull. If you're going to bother with insults, at least be entertaining.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So now Americans are "Taliban" ?
Your ideology is. Right wingers right in this thread, giddy that a possible petty criminal took a bullet to the head. "They don't care". They've made that very clear. Making excuses only for the shooters. Sympathy only for the killers, breaking laws they want to ignore when it suits them.

It's really a sign of how low class, cruel, and crass so many base GOP supporters are.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Notice how this guy, can't bring himself to mention even the possibility that those who shot here committed manslaughter?

He's wiped it out of his brain, because he want's kids to die for breaking into unoccupied fishing camps.

Your' right wing Christians in action. No better than Al Queda.
How can you generalize all right wing Christians? You can't I am a right wing Christian and I don't agree with those posters. I think both parties in this case were irresponsible.

Depending on AL's laws the people who shot could be charged with manslaughter, and if thats the law then yes they should be charged.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Of course it isn't beyond me, your insult was just predictable and dull. If you're going to bother with insults, at least be entertaining.
I am not here for your entertainment, but you are obviously not stupid because you at least got it. Calm down francis, it was just fun. Lets get back on topic.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I fully support laws that allow people to defend themselves if they are in danger. I don't see what danger this unarmed, fleeing teen posed to the men who shot her.
Again it was 4am - pitch black time! How do you know they were unarmed? More importantly, how did the fishermen?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Well if you insist. You've asked twice now. Your post was poorly written. Something that a stupid person would write. I got the joke right away. It was very ironic.

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
My point on that is you don't know what the shooter was feeling at that time, he may have been very afraid for his life. He sure couldn't read their minds. If someone broke into my property with me there I would fear for my life wouldn't you?
Not if they were running away from me. I don't even believe that they were on the shooter's property. It was someone else's property. They got into a boat to investigate and the lawyer for one of the m en said that they did not mean to hurt anyone, but were shooting "warning shots". hmmm.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/04/atto...avine_isl.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your ideology is. Right wingers right in this thread, giddy that a possible petty criminal took a bullet to the head. "They don't care". They've made that very clear. Making excuses only for the shooters. Sympathy only for the killers, breaking laws they want to ignore when it suits you.
Who was the one who broke the law in the first place? Who was there doing something illegal? so who's fault is it that they were shot? Personal responsibility, it saves lives.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Not if they were running away from me.
In the perfect world maybe but this isn't it. she should never have put herself in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies